Solaris Criticism

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:54 AM

So for awhile now, I've been thinking about how I would change Solaris for the better. Rather than write a wall of text, I thought why shouldn't I RECORD a wall of text.

So here we are: https://youtu.be/nTSIwC36BhE

#2 TAPAH 483-K

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:29 PM

Good point
hope PGI see this

Edited by TAPAH 483-K, 24 August 2018 - 02:30 PM.

#3 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:32 AM

View PostTAPAH 483-K, on 24 August 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

Good point
hope PGI see this

Well if anyone has the ability to get some PGI eyes on it, that might help? afaik they don't look at the forums, based on the events of saturday...

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:46 AM

Wow idk how i decided to spend about 15mins listening (1.5x) , but I do agree with you on most of the issues. I believe the root of all the issues is PGI. As much as they have seem to start listening to the community with regards to heat and mobility issues on mechs, ****'s gotta been given when it is due. Because I'm sure as hell that even the people who were interested in Solaris before it came out ended up disappointed.

They don't listen to community feedback. They don't listen to players that know what's going on. And it is not as if they are a top game developer company who know what they are doing. Like you can see based on the number of issues you mention about Solaris interface it isn't a job well done. Things like the season rewards are kinda patched in near the end of season 1 to entice players in playing the mode, hence they didn't have the 'you are rank x now and are eligible for y reward', because the idea of season rewards was just to patch the hole in the sinking Solaris ship. They did not think of expanding the idea and making Solaris a better experience. You think they know what's a metamech? Hell no.

And your idea of having a chat lobby of Solaris has no doubt been raised before by others in the past but as you can see we are stuck with the ****** chat UI for a long time so for PGI to implement this would mean to overhaul the whole chat interface which would be too much work because they are working on MW5 which I don't think will get much love if they treat their damn customers in MWO this way. Overall I like your ideas, maybe you should tweet the link for the video to PGI and beg/demand a response from them, only way I can see your ideas seeing the light of day.

And wow I'm still rank 8 overall, mode deader than FP on weekday midnight PST lul.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 28 August 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Wow idk how i decided to spend about 15mins listening (1.5x) , but I do agree with you on most of the issues. I believe the root of all the issues is PGI. As much as they have seem to start listening to the community with regards to heat and mobility issues on mechs, ****'s gotta been given when it is due. Because I'm sure as hell that even the people who were interested in Solaris before it came out ended up disappointed.

They don't listen to community feedback. They don't listen to players that know what's going on. And it is not as if they are a top game developer company who know what they are doing. Like you can see based on the number of issues you mention about Solaris interface it isn't a job well done. Things like the season rewards are kinda patched in near the end of season 1 to entice players in playing the mode, hence they didn't have the 'you are rank x now and are eligible for y reward', because the idea of season rewards was just to patch the hole in the sinking Solaris ship. They did not think of expanding the idea and making Solaris a better experience. You think they know what's a metamech? Hell no.

And your idea of having a chat lobby of Solaris has no doubt been raised before by others in the past but as you can see we are stuck with the ****** chat UI for a long time so for PGI to implement this would mean to overhaul the whole chat interface which would be too much work because they are working on MW5 which I don't think will get much love if they treat their damn customers in MWO this way. Overall I like your ideas, maybe you should tweet the link for the video to PGI and beg/demand a response from them, only way I can see your ideas seeing the light of day.

And wow I'm still rank 8 overall, mode deader than FP on weekday midnight PST lul.

Thanks bro, see you in the arena!

#6 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Good points. One more thing to add: Much like most players might not be interested in seeing the leaderboard on the right side of the screen, the current rank in the leaderboards in the top left corner is of little interest. Especially when you are far away from the top ranks, the ranking can shift in ridiculous ways without even having a match. The current SSR/ELO would be far more interesting in that top left corner, instead of having to open the leaderboards and click on the division in which you want to know your SSR value. Makes more sense to show SSR and change in SSR than showing leaderboard rank and change in SSR.

#7 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

They need to have a "bring your kids to work day" and have one of them make a decent chat.

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 29 August 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

They need to have a "bring your kids to work day" and have one of them make a decent chat.

^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users