No replies to this topic

#1 0Jiggs0

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:26 PM

@PGI,
Below is my feedback regarding PTS 2.1.

Mobility:
Mechs receiving mobility buffs on this PTS felt noticeably improved over their live versions. Recommend these changes are applied to the full mech roster and included as patch items. It should be noted however, that some heavy mediums remain less responsive than heavies. Compare the SHD-2K with the DRG-1C and the BL-6-KNT. Light mechs did not seem to be negatively impacted by the increased agility of larger mechs.

50 Heat Cap w/Increased Dissipation:
A Heat Cap of 50 allowed for Ghost Heat limit PPC setups to be more manageable than on PTS 2.0. The instant heat spike could be compensated for with additional heat sinks and heat-reducing skills, or transitioning to colder-firing secondary weapons while hot. I found the latter strategy to be more reliable and more enoyable.

I also ran a stress test using several PPC-only builds on a BLR-1G, in the loadouts shown below. Stagger-firing in non-Ghost Heat groups, only the 4x PPC and 6x Light PPC setups were useable. Managing the heat of the other loadouts was possible, but required an amount of heat scale discipline I found impractical.

6x Light PPC
6x PPC
4x PPC
4x Snub Nosed PPC
4x Heavy PPC
4x IS ER PPC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users