2 replies to this topic

#1 Syntillate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

I don't mind the changes in pts however it seems like it's swinging the balance towards ballistic builds, builds like the warhawk prime one of the few canon builds that kind of works is now pointless and broken.

I would like to see the linked ghost heat penalties changed, as a test:
Link larges to medium and smalls so if you fire 2 cerl with 1cmpl you ghost heat.
Reduce is larges down to 2 from 3
Decrease heavy gauss from 2 to 1
Reduce mediums lasers to 4 from 6
Add ghost heat to mgs when firing more than 4 (Not crazy amounts just so the mech slowly heats up so boating mgs requires a bit of heat management)
Put lbx into ac groups
Preemptively put is smalls in a group of 8 (Not really any mech right now that would take more but ready for when one is released)
Ac2s probably should be grouped to 4 but the endorsement of macros makes it pointless and would make macros more useful, so can't do this.

Separately add shake to gauss and increase shake on heavy gauss

Not against the heat changes in the pts but I think ghost heat needs tightening up regardless and would possibly have a more useful impact.

Edited by Syntillate, 27 August 2018 - 01:03 AM.

#2 Jig

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:30 AM

I would actually argue the new system makes it easier to do away with ghost heat completely (or atleast scale it back so you dont have huge abuses on low tonnage weapons like small and medium lasers), not add more ghost heat. If you want to fire 4 ER Larges at the same time, have at it.

#3 Syntillate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

I definitely don't want them to remove ghost heat, too many positive changes from it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users