- - - - -

I Cant Hear Other Players

16 replies to this topic

#1 jagzed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

Hi I am new to MWO. The game has audio but I cannot hear other players when they are speaking. I see the little icon when someone is using their mic, and wonder if there is a workaround or option I am missing?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

Voip could be off on your options, or they could be having input issues. I know my microphone'd died last time I tried helping Pugs in CW. I'd check voip though in your options first.

~Leone.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

View Postjagzed, on 27 August 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Hi I am new to MWO. The game has audio but I cannot hear other players when they are speaking. I see the little icon when someone is using their mic, and wonder if there is a workaround or option I am missing?

What Leone said, and to add a bit more.

I know I have to adjust the audio settings in the game if I wish to actually hear people on the Voip instead of just mumbles. Tune the playback levels higher if your Voip settings are turned on. It may just not be loud enough to hear over everything else.

#4 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostTesunie, on 27 August 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

What Leone said, and to add a bit more.

I know I have to adjust the audio settings in the game if I wish to actually hear people on the Voip instead of just mumbles. Tune the playback levels higher if your Voip settings are turned on. It may just not be loud enough to hear over everything else.
I can vouch for this one there are times i cannot hear people at all either thier settings are off or yours one or the other check your settings in options first before doing anything else.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:42 AM

Turn game sounds/music down, VOIP audio up, and I'm not sure if the game makes the distinction (has been about two months since I played -- doing 6 day/week shifts of 12 hours each all the way til late september), but there's also an audio option for game voices. Don't quote me on it, but if they're tied together then if you mute the computer voice it mutes regular voices. Just thinking about it because I hadn't heard anyone speak in game since muting the computer voices to do my own inserted voices over recorded video.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Make sure the correct playback device is selected in your VOiP settings

#7 jagzed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Hey thanks so much, I changed the default output device and everything is now working. This adds a new dimension to the game :D

#8 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:22 AM

View Postjagzed, on 28 August 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Hey thanks so much, I changed the default output device and everything is now working. This adds a new dimension to the game Posted Image

WOOT! I hope to see you in the game.

I need to set up my new sound card. Doing Solaris, I found out how important hearing footsteps can be.

#9 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

Every patch likes to change my VOIP playback device back to my monitor speakers (which are off), so check that it's outputting to the correct device too.

#10 8HansStahl8

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 August 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Turn game sounds/music down, VOIP audio up, and I'm not sure if the game makes the distinction (has been about two months since I played -- doing 6 day/week shifts of 12 hours each all the way til late september), but there's also an audio option for game voices. Don't quote me on it, but if they're tied together then if you mute the computer voice it mutes regular voices. Just thinking about it because I hadn't heard anyone speak in game since muting the computer voices to do my own inserted voices over recorded video.

NO WAY Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
people that spend 12 hours at work per day dont have 22k+ posts in a online game forum Posted Image
they not gonna waste their precious free time for such "nonsense".
I work for a train company with on/off shifts, minimum 10 hours at work.i had times where i only had 8 hours pause between 2 shifts(i know, thats not allowed but tell that to the guy who is responsible for the shift plan) .I also have 2 kids, its a mistery to me how i even find the time to play this game with my brother now and then...

#11 8HansStahl8

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 27 August 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Make sure the correct playback device is selected in your VOiP settings

back to topic:
i use a HTC VIVE vr headset and the device options under audio are locked to default (cant change the audio devices)
kinda grayed out oO?
i hear no voip and also cant use it.
Any ideas woud be welcome!

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

View Post8HansStahl8, on 10 April 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

NO WAY Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
people that spend 12 hours at work per day dont have 22k+ posts in a online game forum Posted Image
they not gonna waste their precious free time for such "nonsense".
I work for a train company with on/off shifts, minimum 10 hours at work.i had times where i only had 8 hours pause between 2 shifts(i know, thats not allowed but tell that to the guy who is responsible for the shift plan) .I also have 2 kids, its a mistery to me how i even find the time to play this game with my brother now and then...

Have one toddler, 12 hour shifts from 5 am to 5 pm where my boss chews me out in post it notes at the start of a shift and spend the rest of my time inspecting products we produce for quality and fixing mistakes that people make/trying to prevent them. Yet here I am. Course those posts are across 6+ years, before this game became open to the public.

Starting before^

About half are ff7 helping new players and the other half talking about mwo or battletech.

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Post8HansStahl8, on 10 April 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

back to topic:
i use a HTC VIVE vr headset and the device options under audio are locked to default (cant change the audio devices)
kinda grayed out oO?
i hear no voip and also cant use it.
Any ideas woud be welcome!

VoIP is deactivated by default. You need to check the little box.

#14 8HansStahl8

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 April 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Have one toddler, 12 hour shifts from 5 am to 5 pm where my boss chews me out in post it notes at the start of a shift and spend the rest of my time inspecting products we produce for quality and fixing mistakes that people make/trying to prevent them. Yet here I am. Course those posts are across 6+ years, before this game became open to the public.

Starting before^

About half are ff7 helping new players and the other half talking about mwo or battletech.

OH S**T you the guy with the cool mechwarrior videos and stuff.ok now i understand, you really invested into MWO.
my bad O7

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

Am not as into it as I used to be. Haven't done any decent videos since my daughter learned to walk. Since am not actively playing as much either I do have more time to forum warrior. It's easier to chase my little one across the house typing a post like this on the phone while my wife plays Valkyria Chronicles (which I bought a new TV so she can play in the bedroom so I can my computer back) than it is to actually play.

#16 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

What?

#17 Redulis

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

I had to set my speakers as the "default communication device" in the sound control panel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users