No replies to this topic

#1 Harrels Badgerton

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Indiana

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

There were several other threads but nothing official I saw, so I'll just make a new topic. First off, both of these PTS were great and feel like a fun direction to move. It was wonderful to see PPCs flying around again with the DHS upgrade, so thank you PGI.

I do feel like 2.1 was a step back from 2.0. It was obvious the smaller heat cap was doing more because it changed builds, not just adjusted refire rates. I think an interesting PTS 2.2 would be a 35 or 30 heat, and not for lore warrior reasons but to see how that shifts builds around even more. This would add value to the skill tree nodes as well. With so little heat that edge means more.

It's true Gauss is really strong because it has no heat but it's also as heavy as the next damage class up AND has bad ammo per ton AND is huge. Thirty damage no heat is good but nobody is complaining about 30 damage alphas - it's when you add the extra 60 from lasers that it gets bonkers. There are so many balance controls built into the game with heat, tonnage, slots, and ammunition there doesn't need anything extra added. I've seen it recommended to add heat to gauss, sure see what happens (or do the math) but we don't need anything like Energy draw. I was watching PTS videos for that yesterday and it just looked like another thing piled on

As for mobility I only really checked the buffs against my loyalty nova which felt fantastic, I really enjoyed playing it. I know others I played got buffs but I didn't think to do any kind of A/B test or anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users