Loyalists...why Bother?

42 replies to this topic

#41 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:29 PM

There is that investment you make into identifying yourself with a faction and the idea of what it means to be a loyalist which makes the setup with the current events awkward.
SO I can certainly understand the reasoning behind wanting to be a loyalist for Faction A 24/7 and not just for a few hours one week a month.

To me I am finding the discussion on the future direction at odds with itself.
On one hand there is this concept of pushing forward using these events so that there can be an attachment to the lore and some reason (albiet a scripted railroad type of plot) to join the fight.
If this is the end direction it is relying solely on PGI to generate constant events to play under instead of making it autonomous and it removes the need to have a loyalist path at all.... don't even need the mercenary path. We all become free lancers.
In which case, why try to develop the ranks or use the reputation points as a currency for the loyalists and all those other things that add depth to the factions and the mode and get players to invest in it beyond just dropping in the matches?

The other path to take is to make the mode autonomous and give players more reasons to invest in the mode day to day.
Improve the options and depth for the career paths.
Improve what the factions mean.
Improve the reasons for fighting.
Doesn't stop us from having some 'themed' events when they arise, but give players a reason to play 24/7 for the side they have chosen.

#42 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:08 AM

the event is not the Problem ...problem is thats the Event is very long and all thats will not play thats grindevent or switch will or can, not can play regular ...FP is in Eventdays restricted Area ...no other Game will make Stupid thing like this ...in each Game you can play withevents regular and can ignored the Events

#43 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say it is a problem, but to have FP as 'events only' as it seems to be heading is a bit of a direction I am surprised by.
Other than Tukayyid, all events will be between 2 specific factions.
The way I am understanding it at the moment is that is all it will be which is even a step further away from the original concept for the mode.
It still works.
We can still play the mode.
But if this is the direction it is going to take, we have to give up this idea that there was going to be a an ongoing battle with shifting borders and the players themselves determining the story. There really is no point in career paths.
I don't mind having lore related events here and there but making the whole mode lore only just seems a backwards step from the initial concept and potential for the mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users