• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hello everyone! my name is dante245. i run the unit "RXD" Rasalhague X Dominion. since our inception a year ago, we have been steadily growing and building strong relationships within the MWO community, and become heavily invested in it. it is with this in mind, and the horrid decline iv seen in the MWO community size and interactivity, that mine and several other major units and Team-speaks/team-speak hubs are slowly but surely working together to build what ive coined as the COMSTAR-HPG NETWORK. for examples of this you can visit my units TS "ts.r-x-d.online" or the steinerhub "ts1.housesteiner.com". other units such as Mercstar have also agreed to look into setting a "HPG" node up on there team-speaks.

the purpose of this is to build back up the dwindling community thru a few main areas....

1. first, it will provide a way for people with conflicting / veering time zones to coordinate and sync together for everything ranging from Faction wars, Solaris, and Group drops or Community ran events "such as the WTF Wednesdays by Queens guard or the Clan Widow Makers Friday Night Fight club".

2. it will stimulate activity in Faction wars "by providing ways for people to find groups of people to join or invite people to join a group for a Faction Wars. "

​3. it will provide a way for New players and old players alike to find units to drop with that mesh with either/or there preferences, time zones, unit affiliation, ect. by one unit providing information about another unit that may be more fitting for what the player is looking for "and visa versa" we keep the community working together to both provide a solid Team play experience for players and also help keep unit growth increasing. rather then decreasing.

finally, by implementing this simple, easy to maintain channel/ notifications tab close to the entrance channel on your chat service "can do it on both teamspeak and discord", you can begin to know whats going on with the MWO community with out the difficulty of researching everything on the forums, be able to make the game more enjoyable as a whole, and start to see a "true" comstar form....all the while being extremely LORE friendly "comstar worked much as how im proposing and would unite the Universe that is currently split".

its to much to ask the community to come together under one banner and far to unrealistic to expect people not to want there own space, but if enough people put this channel up "where its easily visible" for others to see on there TS or Discord, we could begin to see more traffic and game play for everyone.

lets build a new Star League together!
Posted Image
thank you for your time.Posted Image
"for any suggestions, ideas, or feedback on how this could be improved or things i might have missed, please post below".
for interest in getting involved, direct message me.

Edited by dante245, 06 September 2018 - 11:45 AM.

#2 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

I like the idea, but TS is a little out-dated nowadays isnt it? Most use discord don't they?

#3 Tyberian Thirteenanvel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Ab

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostXkrX Dragoon, on 30 August 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

I like the idea, but TS is a little out-dated nowadays isnt it? Most use discord don't they?

Its not outdated, its streamlined and has more complexity to it. Discord is more for the apple user type. the ones that just want it to work without any configuring and a childlike facebook social media esk look and feel.

As for this idea, seems cool.

#4 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

i personally dont believe that at all,for one TS is more professional, organized, and larger in scale. only reason discord is a fad is cause it has more features like posting pictures of your dog " can just use Facebook" and its Free "teamspeak can be too but it takes allot more effort to achieve it". discord is easy, so people take the easy way out allot of times. is it better? no, i dont believe so" if your like me and have allot of communities and groups your involved with, discord is a mess as all the groups form along your left bar and you can have notifications going off like mad." TS is also cleaner in appearance,but thats purely preference.

#5 Gingerk1d

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

Hey dante,

Straight talk, when you told me RXD uses Teamspeak I was pretty surprised. I'll download the client and drop with you guys but it's not ideal from a new member perspective.

Discord is easy to collaborate with, a streamlined interface, easy to set up and use. It makes sense to remove as many barriers to entry as possible when trying to unite a dwindling playerbase.

You could create Discord channels for each faction, have an open link to each one, and post them in a pinned thread. Easy as possible is the name of the game. There are some issues with moderating chats but iirc that's an issue with TS as well.

#6 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostGingerk1d, on 30 August 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hey dante,

Straight talk, when you told me RXD uses Teamspeak I was pretty surprised. I'll download the client and drop with you guys but it's not ideal from a new member perspective.

Discord is easy to collaborate with, a streamlined interface, easy to set up and use. It makes sense to remove as many barriers to entry as possible when trying to unite a dwindling playerbase.

You could create Discord channels for each faction, have an open link to each one, and post them in a pinned thread. Easy as possible is the name of the game. There are some issues with moderating chats but iirc that's an issue with TS as well.

there actually are allot more pros to teamspeak " takes like 2 min to download "just as fast as dicord", like very little effort to learn how to use " yah its more user intensive and takes more brain power, but its worth it", and just looks more professional all around. ive used discord, it was a mess, chat bubbles and notification going of all the time" if i turned them off i would not know what was going on" and channel bubbles covering the entire right side of my screen" we are not just a 30 man group chat" which discord works for, we are a massive community with over 20 different teamspeaks who interact, communicate, and play together from time to time. you can not do that as esily as you can with Teamspeak, which also works better for larger units like us" since free discord is what, 30 player limit?' when basic TS is like 32 to 40 and upgrading it is not very hard once you get either non profit or some donations flowing in...allowing player limits in the 100s. TS allows MASSIVE communities and player interactions..discord does not.

by the way..this forum post is really not about team speaks relevance or if its better or not then discord. lol why everyone getting off in left field? its clear team speak is very relevant when almost every major unit or hub has one and is willing to PAY MONEY to keep it at a large player cap.

also TS is free unless your the guy running it. and most hubs split the cost or run on donations, so its not a big deal. i mean if you really need to post pictures of your dog in group chat, then yah i guess discord is for you. lol :)

Edited by dante245, 30 August 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#7 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

View Postdante245, on 30 August 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

i personally dont believe that at all,for one TS is more professional, organized, and larger in scale. only reason discord is a fad is cause it has more features like posting pictures of your dog " can just use Facebook" and its Free "teamspeak can be too but \

Was just askin lol >.< I haven't used it since my WoW days so i honestly wasn't sure.

View PostTyberian Thirteenanvel, on 30 August 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Its not outdated, its streamlined and has more complexity to it. Discord is more for the apple user type. the ones that just want it to

Or some people may just prefer discord? o.O Regardless, was just wondering.

#8 Gingerk1d

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

Hey dante,

Not really here to argue with you, just adding my opinion since I have some experience with community organizing. I want the game to succeed, and community is a big part of that, so trying to help out.

Currently the chat market is cornered by twitch chat and discord. I prefer the latter. I'm familiar with how Discord scales and it goes way beyond 30 users. There is no pay for user cap. You can disable the in game overlays. There's a mobile app you can use to keep up with your unit/faction/whatever on the go. It makes sense.

The crux of this post is "how do we unite a dwindling community". The solution you've proposed is 10-15 years behind the technology curve. It is not a good path for future success.

#9 - S A R G E -

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

We already have one going right now. Outreach Alliance HQ.

Come check it out

Https://discord.gg/Ft65mPd

#10 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

I only play MWO and only been doing that for the last 16 months and it's been my experience that the biggest units in game are using TS. CWM, MS, STEINER hub, R79T, Strana Mechty. I've only started using discord in the last 6 months and the units that have required me to use it are all smaller/newer units for the most part. This is just my personal experience, So with that being said whatever is setup needs to encompass both soft ware other wise you'll be effectively cutting of parts of the community.

Dante I really like the what your trying to do here mate If I think of anything I'll let you know.

Edited by Geewiz 27, 30 August 2018 - 02:55 PM.

#11 fearfactory

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

3025 Stock mode.

Go ahead, make fun of people because they can't meta and they're filthy casuals. You're pushing them out of the game with your cheap builds.

This mode alone would allow people to just jump into a balanced game without worrying about the mech lab and skill tree. That's a big deal, because some don't want to deal with it.

#12 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Postfearfactory, on 30 August 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

3025 Stock mode.

Go ahead, make fun of people because they can't meta and they're filthy casuals. You're pushing them out of the game with your cheap builds.

This mode alone would allow people to just jump into a balanced game without worrying about the mech lab and skill tree. That's a big deal, because some don't want to deal with it.

U wot

#13 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Pre 3039 tech, no clans. Any IS Mech with no upgraded equipment is technically viable, even if built later. But most post 3050 Mechs have dhs, an xl engine ffa or endo, or upgraded weapons.

#14 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 30 August 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I only play MWO and only been doing that for the last 16 months and it's been my experience that the biggest units in game are using TS. CWM, MS, STEINER hub, R79T, Strana Mechty. I've only started using discord in the last 6 months and the units that have required me to use it are all smaller/newer units for the most part. This is just my personal experience, So with that being said whatever is setup needs to encompass both soft ware other wise you'll be effectively cutting of parts of the community.

Dante I really like the what your trying to do here mate If I think of anything I'll let you know.

hes right you know. MERCSTAR, KCOM, 228, ARC 7, almost every major Steiner, Kurita, and FRR loyalist unit like Isengrim and LORE, as well as several major Clan units ALL USE teamspeak. there must be a reasons cause there very competitive and efficient, so i dont see the outdated concept. teamspeak is for real competitive units, i dont know any top 30 unit using discord as there primary" might have it as secondary cause reasons". teamspeak will out live discord...in my opinion. its nothing fancy but will keep going and going cause it does the job and does it well. but again this thread has nothing to do with TS, its about getting people out of there little bubbles and get involved with the community. arguing over peoples preferred voip service is like arguing XBOX ONE over PS4. and all us TS players are like" we are PC, we really dont care and will just keep kicking *** as we have been".lol its really a waste of time. agree to disagree, move on.

one last note, trying to force discord down peoples throats who clearly find it clumsy and annoying its not helping unite the community. i think if people actually used TS and were involved on well run TS servers, they would see why everyone is so upset when people talk bad about TS. i think discord is a cancer if it splits the community up into thousands of small, bubble like units instead of one, singular community area. MWO is purely a team game, and needs community to thrive. its not compatible long term with discord.

View PostTyberian Thirteenanvel, on 30 August 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Its not outdated, its streamlined and has more complexity to it. Discord is more for the apple user type. the ones that just want it to work without any configuring and a childlike facebook social media esk look and feel.

As for this idea, seems cool.

Edited by dante245, 30 August 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#15 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:19 PM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 30 August 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Pre 3039 tech, no clans. Any IS Mech with no upgraded equipment is technically viable, even if built later. But most post 3050 Mechs have dhs, an xl engine ffa or endo, or upgraded weapons.

again not relevant to OP. there are allot of general "how to fix" threads..this is a very specific area im addressing.

Edited by dante245, 30 August 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#16 Ratphink

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:29 AM

This is funny.....Dante is talking about growing the community and the community takes from his post the software he wants to use as the topic for conversation.

And then there is this:

[color=#959595]3025 Stock mode.[/color]

[color=#959595]Go ahead, make fun of people because they can't meta and they're filthy casuals. You're pushing them out of the game with your cheap builds.[/color]

[color=#959595]This mode alone would allow people to just jump into a balanced game without worrying about the mech lab and skill tree. That's a big deal, because some don't want to deal with it.[/color]

Are Gamers getting more stupid?

Im sorry I do not have anything more meaningful to contribute. Disappointing that this cannot be done in MWO itself.

#17 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostRatphink, on 31 August 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

This is funny.....Dante is talking about growing the community and the community takes from his post the software he wants to use as the topic for conversation.

And then there is this:

[color=#959595]3025 Stock mode.[/color]

[color=#959595]Go ahead, make fun of people because they can't meta and they're filthy casuals. You're pushing them out of the game with your cheap builds.[/color]

[color=#959595]This mode alone would allow people to just jump into a balanced game without worrying about the mech lab and skill tree. That's a big deal, because some don't want to deal with it.[/color]

Are Gamers getting more stupid?

Im sorry I do not have anything more meaningful to contribute. Disappointing that this cannot be done in MWO itself.

Yeah you see what I'm up against here? I am makeing a post about something completely unrelated to a specific type of comms preference and the dumbness finds a way. Lol

my guess is the chances of PGI catching on to this is about slim. More so now thanks to everyone dragging this thread through the mud over something completely pointless...sigh

Edited by dante245, 31 August 2018 - 01:21 PM.

#18 Termin8rSmurf

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Well, the option is there, for other units to create a teamspeak server, and to publish links to other teamspeaks, to create an HPG withing every teamspeak, to help to connect the playerbase, to ensure that someone can always fing a group to drop with.

That's one option.

Or...

squabble amongst ourselves, snickering and whingeing about which chat system is best.

We, at RXD, chose to use Teamspeak. Our reason was simple. We know teamspeak. We can host a teamspeak server ourselves. In fact... Anyone can. Simply get a cheap laptop to run it on, install the TS Server software. Open a port in your router to point the appropriate traffic to the laptop. Share the address, and pop, there you go. Easy.

#19 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

thanks termin8tor. :) this post really is about uniting the community..and i apologize for getting sucked into all the bickering about whos better voip addition. this post was never about that..lets get back on topic everyone. please. :)

#20 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

Discord is Lostech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users