Heat Bug

25 replies to this topic

#1 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

In two matches now since the last patch my mech was too hot. Just had a FW match in Rubelite (skirmish) where both teams had sever problems with the heat. Mechs didn't cool down as fast as they should.

First time was some days ago on Frozen City, but nobody else wrote about having the same problem and I didn't ask. That first time might have been skirmish, too, I'm not sure.

In other matches it was fine, only sometimes it's broken. Strange that no one has reported this bug till now, it seems that some of the players had encountered this problem before, too.

#2 TAPAH 483-K

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

I think this is a balance change because only clans have this problem
PGI want op Inner sphere. done

#3 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

View PostTAPAH 483-K, on 30 August 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

I think this is a balance change because only clans have this problem
PGI want op Inner sphere. done

In all seriousness, during the match on Rubelite both teams had that problem. If IS was not affected, they would have played much more offensive and they would have won. But due to the fact that claners learned to adapt to getting nerfed we could more easily adapt to the bug while IS suffered worse from the bug.

#4 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

I experienced this last night on Canyon while piloting an EBJ. Everything was fine till the first time my mech got close to 100% and I popped a cool shot. After that, it was like I had lost at least half my heatsinks. One other pilot on my team complained of heat issues as well - mech never cooling down. Don't remember what he was running. It never happened again the rest of the night.

#5 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

....and had this bug again. This time on Vitric Forge, one of my favorite maps. I know how the heat should be pumped out of my mech on this map, and it clearly didn't happen like it should. The enemy team didn't seem to have this issue, and my team also didn't see a difference on their mechs. It's no fun when you run a mech with 12/(10) DHS and a heat management value of 1.55, but after three shots you overheat and have to wait a long time to shoot again. Heat went down about one percent a second when standing, close to two seconds per percent when moving. Guess I'll wait with playing again until this is fixed.

#6 Star Dust

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Experienced heat bug in a Terra scouting last match as clan. Asked the IS opponents and they mentioned they had it too.

#7 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:38 AM

I experienced this on Rubelite Oasis two nights ago.

I also experienced it on Grim Plexus a few weeks ago, before this patch. So I don't think it was introduced in this last patch, and it appears to be at least somewhat random. There's probably a trigger for it I'm not aware of.

It's almost like your mech is counted as having only 10 single heatsinks regardless of what your actual loadout is... heat cap seems lower, and dissipation is just extremely slow. Makes it almost impossible to use laser mechs, and even ballistic mechs are incredibly hot.

#8 RubberDarkDuck

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:55 AM

Just had the heat bug on Canyon in my Sleipnir, quad LB10s loadout, heat won't go down, overheated and blew up my weapons. This is the second time. First time was in Scouting yesterday, I was in my Hunchie IIC, dual LB20s. Yea, it's like suddenly I have only 1 heatsink. What did PGI break now..

Edited by RubberDarkDuck, 04 September 2018 - 03:02 AM.

#9 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

srm6 cyclops on crimson straight. Fired an alpha and the heat would go down really slow, switched to chain fire and again it was like 1 percent every 3 seconds

#10 littlebulb1

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

Just had this bug in the mining collective piloting my timber wolf, had 1x uac 20 and 2x atm 12, it would take a good 15 seconds or something for my mech to go from 90% to 75% heat. YIKES

#11 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

We've had players reporting that it has been happening a lot on other maps as of late Its becoming some sort of an outbreak its causing. Don't understand why PGI hasn't hot-fixed it yet but its getting a lot worse. They should've already been working on it already.

#12 Baron von Battlemech

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

I had this bug in a WHM-BW on Rubelite two days ago and just now with a Madcat-ii on Grim. Heat would just be incredibly slow to dissapate to the point where I couldn't fire without shutting down

#13 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

Just got it for the first time. Double PPC scat. I have played 3 or 4 matches without the problem and then got it on the next match.

Edited by Falconer Cyrus, 09 September 2018 - 06:55 AM.

#14 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 30 August 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Everything was fine till the first time my mech got close to 100% and I popped a cool shot.
The same. All was fine until first overheat shutdown. No coolshot were used though.

#15 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:42 AM

Had this bug on Canyon a few days ago, was playing a Wolfhound with 5x ERMed. Even when popping a coolshot my heat only dropped by maybe 5%.

#16 Ricky Cheung

Lead QA

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for all the information regarding this heat issue so far.

Giving us the gameid will be super useful. The gameid is displayed at the End-Of-Round screen.

Links to video footage of the bug will also be great while we try to narrow down the cause of it.

Thank you once again for reporting these critical issues on the forums here. Cheers.

#17 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

View PostRicky Cheung, on 12 September 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Giving us the gameid will be super useful. The gameid is displayed at the End-Of-Round screen.

You can take all of my games from today since I had that heat bug in like half of them. 4xATM9 SunSpider, after the first alpha mech simply does not cool down anywhere near the supposed heat loss rate. And no matter what you do it remains in that state till the end of the match.

Exact same behavior previously observed on a 4xLRM10 Catapult.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 13 September 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#18 Yaros525

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

Here's Heat bug match ID: 360714364792703
Mech: BUSHWACKER BSW-X2

#19 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

Match ID 360920523223423.

Something is certainly amiss. After the match went to the testing grounds on Rubellite and I was not able to replicate said bug, I was definitely cooling down more quickly in the TG than I was for that specific match.

But I did have structural damage in a side torso when I noticed I was not cooling down like I should be.

Edit. Adding from General Forums.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6164821

View Postjjm1, on 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

From earlier today. There is all kinds of things wrong with this match. See if you can spot them.

I will blame that Firestarter, it set fire to the game logic.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 September 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#20 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

seen on someone else's Marauder-5M.

Match ID: 541283380616103

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users