#41 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 31 August 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

It seems to me the Devs are doing these events because they want factions to matter again in FACTION play. The problem is that they are not being very even handed in how they lay out the events. Paul said in his pod cast that they wanted to drastically re-vamp the loyalist path and that is a good thing. These events are good things but some factions have had multiple events while others have had none. Since they are shutting down the regular que during these events they are locking out loyalist players from playing at all and it has resulted in several missed days of play for the following factions: Ghost Bear, Diamond Shark, Nova Cat, Steel Viper, Free Worlds League, and Free Rasalhauge Republic. These factions represent players who have not "switched sides" since faction war began. In some ways they represent players who may not have "switched sides" since they got involved with the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. Think of them like sports teams which are no more or less made up things. How many true fans just switch allegiance when it's convenient? It may not matter to some people but it matters to them. Even if we must close the main bucket for whatever reason the devs need to be more consistent on how they distribute the events and who they may be locking out not just of the rewards but also of the play style they prefer to engage in. They are a business and these are their customers.

ha they couldnt even followup on the daily goals, if they want to keep poisoning the well from what came out of the podcast then so be it, pity mw5 got delayed

#42 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:51 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 05 September 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

pity mw5 got delayed

Lul, now how that reminds me of something... What was the deal with cw? ;)

#43 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:18 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 05 September 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Your unit won't take you back if you take a break? Do they not like you?

Well there was a time he was nearly kicked out a while back...

#44 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

THIS account was made only to be a Clan Wolf member. I can ***** all I want with my main account.

I did not cheat at Risk etc and do not cheat now.

In the US and the world, there is a lack of honor. It used to mean something, now it is just a phrase for some people to make fun off.
  • Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

• Or your version:
  • Stranger, bring the message to the Spartans that we decided that there were too many Persians, we are fighting for them now.

#45 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:05 AM

Honor ... you joker.
You should know that at this time alot of greeks made a living out of being mercenaries.
Quit often being employed by the persians.

#46 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:30 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 06 September 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

THIS account was made only to be a Clan Wolf member. I can ***** all I want with my main account.

I did not cheat at Risk etc and do not cheat now.

In the US and the world, there is a lack of honor. It used to mean something, now it is just a phrase for some people to make fun off.
  • Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

• Or your version:
  • Stranger, bring the message to the Spartans that we decided that there were too many Persians, we are fighting for them now.

Who said anything about “cheating”. The “honor” you speak of is being a loyalist in this mode when there is no reason to be a loyalist other than for some pretense of role play. You’re not a Spartan. You’re not a Persian. You’re an avatar in a virtual world of shooty robots where there is either A- a pretend planetary map that doesn’t much change in regard to the faction you are loyal to and even when it does the “gods” reset it when ever they feel like it, or B- there is a pretend historical event where your faction is just as likely to become infested by mercenaries as it is to become one in all but name. Where, in any of that pretense is “honor”? There is no mechanism that rewards or encourages your “loyalty” and the game has been repeatedly modified to take away nearly every impediment to allowing players the freedoms to come and go to whatever faction they wish.

Play as a loyalist Wolf all you want. Just accept that you are gimping yourself. Go call tell the Spartans indeed. The Spartans AND the Persians are playing the meta and choosing the side that gives the best rewards, and then flipping to the other side if they have time to complete the event.

Edited by Bud Crue, 06 September 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#47 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:54 AM

View PostAppogee, on 31 August 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

I admire your pact of loyalty.

But at the end of the day it's a choice you and your unit are making.

While I support your right to make that choice, it's a bit much to complain that the rest of the universe isn't shaping itself around your choice... in a game that clearly cares very little about faction loyalty.

Ah, and if that is the test, then the game has failed it's entire reason for existence. We are here because of that loyalty and the pursuit of that loyalty's struggles against others whom do not believe as you do. that is the premise of the entire game. And, without it, we are no more than an Arcade level FPS with quasi teams that mean nothing......kiddie stuff.

Change side if you want. Create alternative account if you will. Some of us have retired until PGI figures it out or fails.....

#48 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:31 AM

Dont be silly, we are here to have fun. The rp aspect of the material someone (with a not so good understanding of engineering or poltics for that matter and/or the past) came up in the 80s is nice and all, but its not mandatory to play.
Thing is, i, atleast, can play without liao warrior houses, steel viper monastries or clan ice hellion being a thing.
It would be better, but the universe is rich enuf to still have fun, even if my prefered entities are not around.
In other words might the dragon be with ya and #clansmokejaguardidnothingwrong. Posted Image

#49 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:36 AM

If your unit leader doesn't do what is best for the unit and switch factions so that the members can play the events and get rewards, then he is a ****** leader. Loyalty to a faction is dead now, suck it up. I was grinding Davion ladder until these events had me missing out on some rewards. Now I'm going to grind merc ladder in the near future because it is best with these FP events going around. Easiest way to go around this situation. Or you could just sit there and cry about CGB not getting ****.

#50 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostAsym, on 06 September 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

without it, we are no more than an Arcade level FPS with quasi teams that mean nothing......kiddie stuff.

Seems a good summary of what PGI are aiming for these days.

#51 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

21 days? Clan Star Adder has never been allowed to participate in game, let alone FP.

That being said....as being a loyalist ingame has largely served no purpose for FP, being self-tethered to a concept purely for immersion or bragging rights is purely on you Grus. If being a loyalist outweighs your ability to enjoy the game, you probably have to ask yourself why you are playing? To flaunt a certain pattern of pixels in a made up world, or to play a video game that presumably you enjoy.

It's not like the pixel swag people are getting is all that big a deal, even to the space poor. So why limit yourselves? Just move as needed but know that in your make-believe heart of hearts, you remain an unshakeable Ghost Bear to your core. It's not like anyone is keeping score (besides potentially yourselves) on how many days you guys have spotted a certain tag.

#52 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostAsym, on 06 September 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

Ah, and if that is the test, then the game has failed it's entire reason for existence. We are here because of that loyalty and the pursuit of that loyalty's struggles against others whom do not believe as you do. that is the premise of the entire game. And, without it, we are no more than an Arcade level FPS with quasi teams that mean nothing......kiddie stuff.

Change side if you want. Create alternative account if you will. Some of us have retired until PGI figures it out or fails.....

Your first mistake here is thinking the pixel pattern you wear ingame defines your identity. That and that isnt already a borderline arcade-ish FPS. The game has never really had the sense of immersion people hoped for and really only existed outside of the game through community efforts, relatively unassociated with PGI.

I mean, however did anyone survive playing this game before unit tags and faction icons existed I wonder? Most of the memorable teams and units of this game, merc or otherwise created, built and promoted their identities before there were any of those things just fine, and those still playing continue to do so, in spite of moving factions periodically to enjoy events thrown up by PGI.

#53 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 06 September 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Your first mistake here is thinking the pixel pattern you wear ingame defines your identity. That and that isnt already a borderline arcade-ish FPS. The game has never really had the sense of immersion people hoped for and really only existed outside of the game through community efforts, relatively unassociated with PGI.

I mean, however did anyone survive playing this game before unit tags and faction icons existed I wonder? Most of the memorable teams and units of this game, merc or otherwise created, built and promoted their identities before there were any of those things just fine, and those still playing continue to do so, in spite of moving factions periodically to enjoy events thrown up by PGI.

Yes, in many respects you are correct. Unfortunately, the game isn't what it was. Everyone is gone that I knew and I', only playing events that make sense and don't involve switching side.....too complicated and there little value....

Thanks for the help you offered early on and should you ever get the itch to try another game, wander over to WoWs and look me up..... Many of us are there most nights and we'd gladly help you out if you haven't played there yet !

#54 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Again, LikeUntoBuddha is an Alt account. It allows me to say silly things, feel a little special and semi-worthless. Plus it is my FTP account and it only has Clan mechs.

My Main is LikeUntoGod and he is the merc.

I have other accounts but I'm only allowed to post as LikeUntoBuddha.

And Boeotia/Thebes kicked the Spartan's butt.

But don't get me started on the Spartans. Because I will......

#55 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:17 AM

the whole ingame group mechanics can be abolished, they do not make a game-relevant sense and in event now only an obstacle ... it should be completely irrelevant in the future for events whether players are in a group or not and everyone should have the opportunity to switch without leaving a group

#56 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 06 September 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Again, LikeUntoBuddha is an Alt account. It allows me to say silly things, feel a little special and semi-worthless. Plus it is my FTP account and it only has Clan mechs.

My Main is LikeUntoGod and he is the merc.

I have other accounts but I'm only allowed to post as LikeUntoBuddha.

And Boeotia/Thebes kicked the Spartan's butt.

But don't get me started on the Spartans. Because I will......

Be careful. According to our community manager it is a violation of the COC to post in the forums using an alt (though I've never understood why or where this is stated in the COC). Wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

#57 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

Yeah it sucks that the game doesn't honor the loyalist career path but sitting in a dark and ever diminishing corner defending your niche group's ideals of "honor" and "loyalty" is just silly. Yeah PGI needs to work on....well basically everything FP related, but at the end of the day the game is still going and events are still happening and refusing to adapt and sitting in a corner sulking accomplishes nothing. We're here to run around in stompy mechs and shoot things. Ideals are great and add an extra bonus to those following the RPG aspect that this community offers but if it literally prevents you from playing a game mode that you love....I have no sympathy for you. And that's coming from a guy who loves the RPG aspect of MWO. But dangit let me shoot mechs!

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 07 September 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#58 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 07 September 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yeah it sucks that the game doesn't honor the loyalist career path but sitting in a dark and ever diminishing corner defending your niche group's ideals of "honor" and "loyalty" is just silly. Yeah PGI needs to work on....well basically everything FP related, but at the end of the day the game is still going and events are still happening and refusing to adapt and sitting in a corner sulking accomplishes nothing. We're here to run around in stompy mechs and shoot things. Ideals are great and add an extra bonus to those following the RPG aspect that this community offers but if it literally prevents you from playing a game mode that you love....I have no sympathy for you. And that's coming from a guy who loves the RPG aspect of MWO. But dangit let me shoot mechs!
som communication from PGI would have been nice, and still would be nice. If we would have had a heads up that X Y Z factions are going to be out of FP for X ammount of time then hey it would have helped. But we were and still are in the dark abput when we will have our fights back.

#59 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:08 PM

The fights aren’t gone. They’re happening right meow. You just have to adapt to the game mechanics. Lore should never stop people from playing this game however they want. Especially if PGI never addresses your complaints. You’ll just be left behind as the community/game moves on without you.

#60 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

just switch? there is literally no point to being a loyalist, pgi removed what little point there was and its never coming back.
Seriously PGI will do **** all to improve or even change the mode, the last thing they will do is give back any semblance of meaning to loyalists.

As ive said before, if takes more than 10 minutes or 3 people, PGI wont do it if its CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users