#1 Liushing

Rookie

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Timberwolf without mobility nodes: it handled much better than I expected. I've forgotten what they felt like upon release, but the PTS 2.1 update made a noticeable addition.

Timberwolf with mobility nodes: my 21-point skill tree investment felt worthwhile. It handled well as an SRM-hybrid and I hope these changes carry over to the live servers.

Jenner with 21-point mobility: handled reasonably well. Unfortunately, I ended up losing at least one arm in most of my matches. In addition, heavy and assault opponents were difficult match-ups, but not because of mobility--an alpha or two took out my 32-point survival tree-boosted Jenner as easily as expected. I didn't try to counter the predominantly heavy and assault field in something like a piranha.

Also, I came across several assaults toting dual heavy gauss rifles. I recognize that the charge mechanic is supposed to favor skilled shot-taking, but it doesn't seem like much of a trade-off given the 50-point alpha. Why not lower the cUAC 20 heat penalty to two cannons to help clan mechs counter?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users