Battlemech Animations

2 replies to this topic

#1 DucPilot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

Ok, so I just had some ideas regarding Battlemech animations , and just wanted to share. With all the different Battlemech chassis types we have now, how cool would it be to see the following?

Steady aim
You sacrifice some mobility to either extend your arm/s or "plant your feet" (this is all mech chassis dependent) in order to get a more accurate shot off. Some mechs, e.g. The Roughneck, have what look like feet bolts/anchors (not sure what those are called) that look like they could anchor themselves to the ground to make them more sturdy.

Brace
Similar to the above, but would allow you to "brace" yourself for a big hit, e.g. Alpha strike. This would reduce the amount of damage you might take, or prevent you from becoming "unsteady", see below.

Idle animations (full stop)
Arms come to rest, similar to how they do when you shut down, but the entire mech does not slouch.

Unsteady (stumble)
Just get an AC 20 crit? Now your mech feels it, and reacts. Improved gyros could reduce the animation duration.

Leg damage
Would love to see a mechs leg exposed (hope you invested into structure strength), or even dangling as it limps along after being destroyed.

I am sure there are many more too. Thoughts, comments?

Anyways, just some ideas I had. Love them or hate them, leave a comment.

Good hunting out there!

#2 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

;)
we happy when the most Mechs have good Animations and not tippeling ballerinas like the direwolf...the ideas for MWO unrealistic ,not the Manpower with this (most works hard to mW5) , and to many problems in the game ...so we never become IK or a good collisonssystems..like AI elements a clear never

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 01 September 2018 - 10:40 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

For now this is impractical but for another animation project these aren't bad. I think an idle animation though is perhaps a bit out of place unless corresponding with some sort of gesture or personality quirk such as surveying the target area while guarding...or being paranoid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users