Dropships Shooting Me

13 replies to this topic

#1 AedanCousland

• PipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:11 PM

Why are my own dropships shooting me? And before you tell me it's an enemy dropship, no, it's not, not unless enemy dropships are now dropping my team into my base. It doesn't happen every game but it does happen quite a lot.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

This is only possible on incursion, enemy team can get the air control thing with battery which makes your own dropships shoot your team. Really dumb mechanic according to just about every single person I've ever heard express their opinion on it, but yeah

#3 AedanCousland

• PipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 02 September 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

This is only possible on incursion, enemy team can get the air control thing with battery which makes your own dropships shoot your team. Really dumb mechanic according to just about every single person I've ever heard express their opinion on it, but yeah

Whatever bright spark came up with that idea should have been strangled at birth.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

its a bug or feature just depends who you talk to

of course people will be along saying it does not happen

#5 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

It's a fairly valid tactic in incursion mode.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

And dropships do not check fire.. stand between the dropship and the enemy.. ouchie..

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

View PostAedanCousland, on 02 September 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Why are my own dropships shooting me? And before you tell me it's an enemy dropship, no, it's not, not unless enemy dropships are now dropping my team into my base. It doesn't happen every game but it does happen quite a lot.

View PostAedanCousland, on 02 September 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Whatever bright spark came up with that idea should have been strangled at birth.

View PostDavegt27, on 02 September 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

its a bug or feature just depends who you talk to

of course people will be along saying it does not happen

View PostBowelhacker, on 02 September 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

It's a fairly valid tactic in incursion mode.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 02 September 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

And dropships do not check fire.. stand between the dropship and the enemy.. ouchie..

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! :blink:

When the Enemy's ACT (Air Control Tower) is active in Incursion, that is NOT a Friendly DropShip shooting you. That IS an Enemy DropShip that has been navigated over Your Team's Base, and is actively shooting Your Mech to force you out from Your Team's Base's Walls. Your only recourse then is to either wipe out the Enemy ACT System, or to come out swinging against the Enemy Team and their Mechs. :huh:

As for other game modes with Multiple Drops and the like, Tarl Cabot's words apply, which I've quoted again below...

View PostTarl Cabot, on 02 September 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

...because at that point, you've likely gotten between Your Team's DropShip and the Enemy Mech which it happens to be trying to help you kill. Your only recourse here is to QUIT FACEHUGGING THE ENEMY MECH!!! Please... Seriously... It doesn't help either you or Your Team to facehug an Enemy, and it actually makes it harder for you to get rid of the Enemy's Mech when you facehug because Your Team can NOT help to deal damage and make the Enemy Mech easier for you to get rid of. Put simply, if you get too focused on Solo Kills and wanting to hog all the glory for yourself, you actually betray Your Team by setting all of them up to get killed. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Facehugging usually means wanting to die in Non-Incursion Game Modes... Please avoid doing that." Devnull

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:10 AM

If only I was face hugging, then I would definitely be at fault. I do agree though about the face hugging (and for myself that usually happens when turning a corner "well then, there you are!!! ), and I try not to face hug, you said, because then I am blocking incoming fire from my team mates. Tis more like like walking into its line of fire at the wrong time and only really happens on the maps where there at or near spawn points there are various ranges of of elevations.

Sometimes there are just bad days :(

#9 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:50 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 03 September 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

If only I was face hugging, then I would definitely be at fault. I do agree though about the face hugging (and for myself that usually happens when turning a corner "well then, there you are!!! ), and I try not to face hug, you said, because then I am blocking incoming fire from my team mates. Tis more like like walking into its line of fire at the wrong time and only really happens on the maps where there at or near spawn points there are various ranges of of elevations.

Sometimes there are just bad days Posted Image

Quite true. Thanks for the extra word on that. :)

By the way, I was not aiming at you there. The extra quote block was just a quote pieced into my reply and then aimed at the thread in general, but was not meant as a personal call-out. Sorry if you ended up taking it that way. :(

~D. V. "Sorry for the error in context indication!" Devnull

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

Iie, understood how it was presented, just wanted to add more details on when it does occur for me so for the few that it does happen like that who are not face hugging. I do not mind being used to make a point Posted Image you just jumped ahead in line /looks at my supervisor.. my brother in law.. nephew.. /geez, I better stop!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 September 2018 - 03:53 PM.

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

Those people say that cause they sit in the DZ on Incursion?

In all honesty, this mechanic should be available to both sides in EVERY map to get them OUT of the DZ.

Hell, make it a one use consumable and only able to equip one. Use it when a side sits in, around, or behind the DZ.

That way I will not have to spawn camp them and maybe they will come out and, I dunno, fight.

#12 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 07 September 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Those people say that cause they sit in the DZ on Incursion?

In all honesty, this mechanic should be available to both sides in EVERY map to get them OUT of the DZ.

Hell, make it a one use consumable and only able to equip one. Use it when a side sits in, around, or behind the DZ.

That way I will not have to spawn camp them and maybe they will come out and, I dunno, fight.

No, they say it because it's dumb. As you just drop your wave 2/3/4 mech a dropship comes down and starts shooting the crap out of your back as you're trying to get out of the base. From what I've seen this happens much more often than "flushing out" people that are hiding

#13 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:46 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 07 September 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

No, they say it because it's dumb. As you just drop your wave 2/3/4 mech a dropship comes down and starts shooting the crap out of your back as you're trying to get out of the base. From what I've seen this happens much more often than "flushing out" people that are hiding

Still sipping coffee but what dropship? Yours or enemies air support?

Really no different then the enemy sitting outside your base pounding it with air strikes.

#14 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Be glad I wasn't there, i'd have shot you too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users