13 replies to this topic

#1 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Just wondering, why haven't more QP maps made it to FP? I personally think it would be fun to have a skirmish on Viridian Bog, Solaris City, or Mining Colony in FP. I realize they're a little small, but Caustic Valley is tiny and it's a FP map. I think it would be more fun to have more variety.

#2 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

I suspect that the smaller maps would make spawn camping a bigger issue. I would like to see FP use some more maps though, regardless.

#3 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:20 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 03 September 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Just wondering, why haven't more QP maps made it to FP? I personally think it would be fun to have a skirmish on Viridian Bog, Solaris City, or Mining Colony in FP. I realize they're a little small, but Caustic Valley is tiny and it's a FP map. I think it would be more fun to have more variety.

Which means Clag Valley should be out of the FP maps. Bad map in general, small map with little cover from lurms, bloody poor vision when it is night and spawn points are messed up (some spawns nearer to enemy's than team's spawn).

#4 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

They would need to be made bigger wouldn't they?

#5 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:11 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 04 September 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

They would need to be made bigger wouldn't they?

Eh, they wouldn't have to be. Maybe cluster the spawns closer together instead of having them spread out, so you have more area to fight without respawns dropping in right behind you.

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:14 AM

Yes! At the very least the remaining QP maps could easily support at least some of the game modes like Skirmish and Domination. Bog and Mining Collective could easily be converted over to Faction Play.

What annoys me about the map selection is that the ones they exclude tend to allow for great brawl games. Meanwhile, we're overloaded with long range maps that are just absolute bores.

Edited by Jman5, 04 September 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#7 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

Because that would require them to do work. On maps. If their history is any indication, this is about the hardest thing to do, EVER. Like, even the thought of working on maps is completely and utterly insane.

Instead, lets just dump money into prize support for an idiotic tournament that only benefits three dozen people. Why waste that same money on maps that would benefit several thousand players instead?

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 04 September 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Eh, they wouldn't have to be. Maybe cluster the spawns closer together instead of having them spread out, so you have more area to fight without respawns dropping in right behind you.

Some just 'seem' to small for some modes to be available.

Bog and Canyon come to mind right off the bat as to small to support Incursion, Conquest.

#9 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:05 AM

Bog and Solaris could work with spawns on the edges. Mining will never work.

#10 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Oh god not Solaris. Solaris FP would melt my computer.

#11 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

I want more siege maps, preferably not in DOTA design.

#12 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Solaris FP could work, the map is large enough. I suspect that PGI is/was waiting for those Solaris 'optimizations*' to come through before going forward to FP.

*See Khalcruth's post regarding maps in PGI's normal work prioitization

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Honestly?

Solaris City would be an awesome FW map. Options for brawls and range and plenty of potential surprises.

I don't like Canyon - it's just been played too much and it's as bad or worse than any existing FW map for being a 'rinse/repeat' snoozefest.

Bog would be great.

Mining Colony - make respawns on 10 second cycles. It could work. It'd be a 'always reinforce' sort of map.

Edited by MischiefSC, 05 September 2018 - 01:59 PM.

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:20 PM

Oh yeah, Solaris would be hot **** on FP if it ran well.

Solaris scouting would be a hoot too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users