#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 September 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

You're doing the same exact thing I've described above, picking and choosing facts that support your argument while ignoring those that don't. We're not playing a game where mechs don't have quirks are we? So why even mention it. That's like saying all clan rainbow vomit mechs wouldn't fare well if CERMLs wasn't in the game, while technically true it's a useless point.

Stalkers don't have defensive quirks because they have a ridiculously good vertical poke profile.

Exactly. It is the scale of balance. Everything, mostly, has varying compromises be that anything of:
  • Range
  • Heat
  • Speed
  • Offensive/Defensive Quirks
  • Hardpoints
  • Hardpoint Location
  • Penalties (like LFE/cXL torso loss vs IS STD)
And probably stuff I have forgotten. That is what makes a game FUN. The fact there are many ways to slice the pie.

Additionally if you look at a number of the 'regular' people carrying on about 'balance' you quickly see they really don't understand the game at a high level. They are simply trying to look after themselves while not thinking as a whole, balancing as a whole or even understanding at a whole.

I firmly believe that comes back to the Tier/PSR system in many ways. People that play no better than a Tier 4 level are in Tier 1, if there was a proper PSR/ELO/SSR based system ranking players. As such you end up with players thinking they are "good" and "understand" the game and their suggestions are going to improve... Fact is more often than not the ideas will actually do more harm than good.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 05 September 2018 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users