37 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:05 AM

Its time to go to 1 bucket. Allow people to select the mechs and divs they want to play but when they jump in the Q they will play any div they selected. Use the same system we're using for selecting servers in pug q.

For example, i will play in any div but #1. but what happens now? I sit outside the q jumping from one to another looking for anyone who wants to play.

How many others are doing the same thing?

Edited by Monkey Lover, 08 September 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:52 AM

After several minutes of no match, I will try another or two.

I think they need to cut the Divisions to 3-4.

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:04 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 05 September 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

After several minutes of no match, I will try another or two.

I think they need to cut the Divisions to 3-4.

Here's a tip for you: if you join the queque other players will see it and will probably join as well.

#4 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:27 AM

It was time to go to 1 bucket at the BEGINNING of season 2. After the debacle of changing rewards 2 weeks before the end of season 1 pissed everyone off and lost our trust / reason to play season 2 before the last 14 days of season 2 with the expectation that pgi will fk us over again. But like everthing else, pgi wont fix it until its too late.

#5 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:52 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 05 September 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

Its time to go to 1 bucket. Allow people to select the mechs and divs they want to play but when they jump in the they will play any div they selected. Use the same system we're using for selecting servers in pug q.

For example, i will play in any div but #1. but what happens now? I sit outside the q jumping from one to another looking for anyone who wants to play?

I think not to many players care about Solaris anymore most players figured out day 1 it was so unbalanced in the divisions and the mech selection was crappola then you have a group that figured out what mechs were OP in each division and ran away the rest of players.

Solaris needed just 4 divisions from day 1 Assaults-Heavy's-mediums-lights and any player could use any mech they own in any of the 4 divisions that would have been fun what Solaris is now is a horrible experience just like some lamebrains idea to pit Premades Vs pugs in FP which has all but killed that game mode and the whole game with player uninstalls.

#6 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:09 AM

What if they straight up removed divisions, and truly had 1 bucket? They could also change map voting, such that you cannot ban the same maps twice in a row. I think this would change the game such that the winning strategy would be to bring more balanced mechs, because if you bring nothing but Annihilators you'd lose to Piranhas and you wouldn't be able to always veto the close range maps.

In any case, they should do SOMETHING, because right now the mode is 100% dead and nobody plays it.

#7 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:22 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 September 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

What if they straight up removed divisions, and truly had 1 bucket? They could also change map voting, such that you cannot ban the same maps twice in a row. I think this would change the game such that the winning strategy would be to bring more balanced mechs, because if you bring nothing but Annihilators you'd lose to Piranhas and you wouldn't be able to always veto the close range maps.

In any case, they should do SOMETHING, because right now the mode is 100% dead and nobody plays it.

To me that's one of the big flaws in MWO Solaris Mixing of chassis types per division who wants a OP Light killing your medium , heavy , assault in 1 min of game play after waiting for a match for 10+ min? or the other way around?

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 05 September 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

To me that's one of the big flaws in MWO Solaris Mixing of chassis types per division who wants a OP Light killing your medium , heavy , assault in 1 min of game play after waiting for a match for 10+ min? or the other way around?

Eh, lights aren't exactly OP in a 1v1 situation man. I'm having a tough time thinking of a heavy mech I play frequently that would lose to a Piranha in a 1v1 fight. I know I've solo killed Piranhas in a laservomit hellbringer before (granted it cost me like 50% of my armor), and that's probably one of the worst mechs to come across a Piranha in. Light mechs simply have a higher skill ceiling than heavier mechs, because you have more movement and mobility options. They are still limited by weapons and armor though, so heavies can usually take them out.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 September 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

Something like this could work but they would have to reward the player taking lower div mechs fighting a higher one.

#10 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:42 PM

I didn't play during the past 2 weeks but whenever I did previously , I didnt have to wait more than 4 mins before a single division was populated . When people see someone in the division they like they tend to join (and skip division if they keep getting pummeled constantly).

But like with the FP , dont expect much activity outside of events. For 1v1's solaris is not rewarding enough ... There is a lot more effort going into a 1v1 than there is in a 12 v 12 .

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 05 September 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

I think not to many players care about Solaris anymore most players figured out day 1 it was so unbalanced in the divisions and the mech selection was crappola then you have a group that figured out what mechs were OP in each division and ran away the rest of players.

Solaris needed just 4 divisions from day 1 Assaults-Heavy's-mediums-lights and any player could use any mech they own in any of the 4 divisions that would have been fun

Quite simple why people stopped playing. They realised just how bad at the game they were and stopped playing as a result. Can't blame anyone else if there is no one else to blame.

Secondly if you think having 4 Classes would mean things would be any less, as you put it "unbalanced", you don't really have any idea what balanced means... But then you do say things like this...

View PostKingCobra, on 05 September 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I have played against you and with you many times in FP your not a bad player but I have seen you also get locked behind buildings and objects that you should not have been and focus fired down the minute you show any movement out behind a object, Hum wonder how that happens?

Two things here to consider one as the population numbers of MWO have declined PGI has introduced AI players that have a ability to hold a lock on players even behind objects and never miss using there built in AIM ability's or PGI needs to revisit locking down client to server bits and any altered bits the player is ejected from the game? Sounds legit to me and PGI should have done this years ago.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 06 September 2018 - 04:25 AM.

#12 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 05 September 2018 - 04:04 AM, said:

Here's a tip for you: if you join the queque other players will see it and will probably join as well.

You mean if I stay in one queue for over 10 minutes other will come?

Is PGI sending out text messages?

#13 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:43 AM

One bucket should mean one bucket. Change the SSR to apply to your ability in a specific mech and chassis. Give certain mechs an initial seeding (i.e. Annies start with a base SSR of 5000, Panthers start at 1200). Let SSR sort it out from there. Maybe add in a PSR factor to help people move their mech's SSR faster in the first 5 matches or so.

Noobs in Annies vs. pros in Panthers would actually have the potential to be a fair match. It would solve so much...

#14 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

they cant go to 1 bucket because not all the mechs are equal

thats the whole reason they have 7 buckets because they didnt want to spend the time balancing their game and making all the mechs equal

they did the 7 buckets thing to intentionally avoid having to balance their game... and now they wonder why 7 buckets doesnt work because theres not enough players for all the buckets

hilarious. just balance your game next time pgi. instead of coming up with new ways not to do your job.

not that people would play solaris even with 1 bucket... because people wanted solaris to be more casual 8 person FFA not competitive 1v1 and 2v2. but PGI apparently cant code more than 2 teams into the game...

none of this is surprising since solaris being a complete disaster was predicted months ago by just about everybody.

Edited by Khobai, 06 September 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 September 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

they cant go to 1 bucket because not all the mechs are equal

thats the whole reason they have 7 buckets because they didnt want to spend the time balancing their game and making all the mechs equal

they did the 7 buckets thing to intentionally avoid having to balance their game... and now they wonder why 7 buckets doesnt work because theres not enough players for all the buckets

hilarious. just balance your game next time pgi. instead of coming up with new ways not to do your job.

not that people would play solaris even with 1 bucket... because people wanted solaris to be more casual 8 person FFA not competitive 1v1 and 2v2. but PGI apparently cant code more than 2 teams into the game...

none of this is surprising since solaris being a complete disaster was predicted months ago by just about everybody.

You can have 1 bucket and keep 7 divs. The issue now is the 7 launch buckets.

The issue i see is people dont want to sit in div# bucket when theyre willing to play is almost any bucket. So half of us sit outsite the q clicking bucket to bucket looking for players.

When all we need is a selection box and 1 launch q.

#16 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

if anything they should just decrease it to 0 buckets

#17 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:41 AM

Wow, someone still playing this [Redacted]mode? Last two or three times i tryed to drop there and saw just wasteland with 0 peeps...

Edited by draiocht, 16 September 2018 - 01:13 PM.
inappropriate language

#18 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostLethe Wyvern, on 07 September 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Wow, someone still playing this [Redacted]mode? Last two or three times i tryed to drop there and saw just wasteland with 0 peeps...

Its cool you mention this 0 buckets because back in Mechwarrior4 Vengeance and Mechwarrior4 Mercenaries we had a Solaris League called VL=Vengeance League it had 1v1 and 2v2 as well but it had two types of Solaris one type was 4 divisions
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavy's Vs Heavy's
Mediums Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights
With the ability to take any mech you owned in your mechlab per division.

The other Solaris mode was a 8 player free for all winner take all per battle you could take any mech you own in your mechlab from assaults to lights. It was very fun in both game modes and was very player populated I would say that league had over 50,000 active players from both MW4 games.

Edited by draiocht, 16 September 2018 - 01:13 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#19 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Its time to go to 1 bucket. Allow people to select the mechs and divs they want to play but when they jump in the they will play any div they selected. Use the same system we're using for selecting servers in pug q.
100% agree.

#20 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

Its time to go to 1 bucket. Allow people to select the mechs and divs they want to play but when they jump in the Q they will play any div they selected. Use the same system we're using for selecting servers in pug q.

For example, i will play in any div but #1. but what happens now? I sit outside the q jumping from one to another looking for anyone who wants to play.

No, no, no, no.

1-Bukkit things are only for game modes the Head Honcho doesn't like, i. e. 'end game content'. Like delivering the coup de grace after Long Tom had to be taken out because those pesky players wouldn't stop complaining about it, even after 8 months or so.

But not for the flagship mode, the e-sports one! No.

You live on an island.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users