Vote Map System

Gameplay

70 replies to this topic

Poll: Bote system (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you need vote map system in FP ?

1. Yes (33 votes [35.11%])

Percentage of vote: 35.11%

2. No (53 votes [56.38%])

Percentage of vote: 56.38%

3. Other (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:03 AM

To dispel all disagreements. And to make tolerable, those cards and modes that do not like. You must enter a vote for the map+mode. Almost the same as in a quick game.

Posted Image

1. Multiplier must equals be number of players in the group multiplied by the number of another choice.
2. Each vote must contain at least one siege map.
3. At first choice of maps must occur, then a choice of mechs.

This simple innovation will happy many players.

PS: Please actively vote, even if you do not believe that they will do it. And ask your friends.

Edited by Nimnul, 07 September 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:44 AM

There really isn't a FP map / mode combination I absolutely despise except Boreal Attack, so I'd rather not have a vote system added, because it would just lead to my favorite mode (siege) being played even less.

#3 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

We all want different things. But this system fairly balances the interests of all. And it gives a guarantee that you will siege at least once in the evening. And there will not be three consecutive games Alpine Conquest .... In addition, you will soon not play at all, because people are leaving the game. Do not think only of yourself.

Edited by Nimnul, 07 September 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#4 ZAYBLESTHEHOOKHANDEDTIER5SCRUB

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

Should just be siege and counter attack all day everyday. I miss counterattack.

#5 V1S0R

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

1st -PGI never turn back classic SIEGE. (For me I want this) but this never happens...sadly
2nd - If PGI want us to play QP gamemodes ok...but we need a system to rule this QP
3rd - With system like this we have a chanse to vote better map\gamemode like ppl do on QP. Today i can do 5 Alpine Peaks in a raw with "random". or play 3-5 matches on conquest.
So if i need to decide - i choose this "vote system". At least i will have a chance to vote for SIEGE map....some times a play 4 hours only QP map - bad luck...but i want to change it.

#6 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

I say no you can see how boring and repetitive QP has become because of the map vote system and the players picking 3 maps and skirmish all night long sheesh.

If anything PGI should scrap the QP vote system go back to random maps and game modes add back in the old maps renamed and call it good before more players leave and uninstall over being bored to death playing the same 3 maps and 2 game modes in QP.

And for the love of god never place a vote system in FP its already almost a dead game mode like Solaris is because of bad design.

#7 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

What prevents you from saving a multiplier for an interesting map + mode? I want to miss many times playing on my favorite maps. Than many times I play on maps that I do not like.

Edited by Nimnul, 17 September 2018 - 02:30 PM.

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:44 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing a ban system similar to solaris

but modified, allow each team to ban 1 map/mode from a selection then randomly decide from the remaining 3

#9 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Pretty much I would say: yes.

In non-event matches, where elimination system would be better, I think.

I don't really like the current vote system in QP, due to fact that it shallows possible maps options to only the most played, leaving some practically non played. I think if some buffs for less played maps would be leveraged like "XP or C-Bill bonus" or just higer valued votes for them would be employed, there would be a less moaning about "moar mapz".

#10 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

Here's a counter-proposal. Not only can you not vote for map or mode, you must select your dropdecks before you know what the map / mode is, not after.

Personally, I think the idea to allow map / mode voting in Quickplay was a terrible idea. And I cannot begin to imagine why someone came up with idiocy that is map banning in Solaris.

#11 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

Here I thought random map and selecting drop deck after knowing map/mode was like one of, if not the best thing about FP

#12 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

Voting reduces the grinding requirement for this game. That is bad. Just as people need to get serious and group up to improve their success rate so to does collecting extremely optimized mechs for every map.

All voting does is reduce map variety and results in less grind. Less grind is NOT a good thing in a F2P game. You would just make FP shallow and pointless like QP.

What grunt has a say in where they fight? You are an agent of your nation. You go and fight where they tell you to. Free will, no such thing.

Also voting for maps would undercut planet specific biomes if they ever go that route. Are you going to offer tourmaline as a map vote choice on an ice world like Alshain? It doesn't make sense. They would be adding a feature then removing it. That is a waste of time.

Edited by Spheroid, 07 September 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#13 KAI STRAY

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

Nice idea! I realy don't want to play 2-3 same maps in a row. And want to see siege games more often. My voice in favor.

#14 S t P a u l

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Am for voting, if only to help avoid Incursion, Alpine peaks, and repeat maps.

#15 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

TBH, I think that some gamemode segmentation system must be implemented to CW, as a part of a planned rework. Lets face it: some modes are just not really well integrated into CW(like domination). Of course, people still play them, but most would prefer to avoid them. As I see it, there are 2 possible ways of doing such segmentation:
1) voting system (Like Nimnul proposed);
2) timing system (Like the previous 2 CW events), when a type of a gamemode is locked during 24h and changes each day.
Both of those ways have their flaws - voting system can be abused In groups, timing system can be simply ignored during the undesired days - but overall, I think any of them would be better for the majority of people.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 07 September 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#16 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

Now we were looking for a fight for 30 minutes. What would win in 5 minutes for domination ... Sorry, but some guys write here. But I'll ask you who you are? Why can not I see you in FP. People who do not play FP spoil voting.

#17 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

only if skirmish is NOT avote option. The game is skirmishy enough, we need at least one game section that is objective focussed!

#18 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:46 AM

Voted yes, at least until they fix some of broken maps/modes

#19 V1S0R

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

domination = ez win 1st wave...icursion assasin rush 1st wave gg close

#20 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

100% Hell no. This is only inviting unwanted things to the table that many will not agree to. This vote system is only going to help teams who's intent on avoiding other teams in a fight. There are several teams that have been caught avoiding other teams in faction play. Until we see those teams willing to engage in battle, Not a chance in hell that this would work.

View PostCyrilis, on 15 September 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

only if skirmish is NOT avote option. The game is skirmishy enough, we need at least one game section that is objective focussed!

That is what Siege is for. You have a choice to kill all enemy mechs then kill the gens or just gen rush and kill the omega off right the bat if you can. There are other choices. Sometimes you might have to kill some enemy mechs if they are near the gen areas just to do the objective. killing the enemy's first 12 mechs quickly and then killing the gens does work too. Not many teams don't think well outside the tactical box.

We use to have counter attack mode which was a skirmish mode but with no gens and only a command center in the mid of the map. Too bad we cant use that mode since were not fighting for planetary tiles like we did in phases 1,2, and 3.

View PostNimnul, on 07 September 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Now we were looking for a fight for 30 minutes. What would win in 5 minutes for domination ... Sorry, but some guys write here. But I'll ask you who you are? Why can not I see you in FP. People who do not play FP spoil voting.

Theres a lot of non FP players posting because they aren't willing to engage in a fight in Faction Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users