Using Scout Bonuses To Start Balancing Solo Vs Grouped Players In Faction Play

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Use the Scout Bonuses to help balance Solo VS group FP ? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Use the Scout Bonuses to help balance Solo VS group FP ?

1. Reduce the Group advantage. (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Don't reduce the Group advantage. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. There is no Group advantage. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

Beyond their enhanced coordination and complete lack of inexperienced players, Faction Play Groups have the unique ability to coordinate their whole decks, such as bringing 12 SRM Assassins to wreck an enemy base on the first wave in Incursion mode, and NO AMOUNT of MatchMaker tweaking is going to fix that unique and overpowered ability to coordinate all 4 of their mech waves : Guaranteed !

So my Feature Suggestion, is to repurpose the existing Scout bonuses (CombatID, Satellite Sweeps, Radar Jammer), into a missing and much needed Solo player VS Grouped player FP balance feature.

Examples of how to implement this :
- Grouped players do not benefit from CombatID.
- Grouped players do not benefit from Satellite Sweeps.
- Grouped players are automatically affected by Radar Jamming (even when not unlocked).
- Solo players automatically benefit from all CombatIDs of GROUPED players.
- Solo players automatically benefit from the Satellite Sweeps of GROUPED players.

That means unlocking the 3 Scout bonus allows :
- Solo players to also benefit from the CombatID of Solo players.
- Solo players to also benefit from Sattelite Sweeps of Solo players.
- Solo players to be affected by Radar Jamming.

I believe THIS kind of change WOULD have an insufficient but at least visible effect on Solo VS Group balance, that even the best MatchMaking enhancements would be totally unable to reach.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 09 September 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Lol, I like the very evenhanded and completely unbiased way you put the poll questions. Question: Where would I put my vote in case my opinion is that yes, I do absolutely believe that "Group advantage" as you put it exists, and no, teamwork does not warrant nerfing? And neither does dumbing down FP any more.

It's a rethorical question, you don't need to bother coming up with an answer.

Instead, you may want to meditate a bit on the following questions:

1. What is keeping you from grouping up and enjoying the advantages groups have over PUGs?
2. What do you think the supposed 'complete lack of inexperienced players' comes from? Maybe groups are - gasp - training less experienced players?

I know very well, these are mysteries within enigmas, surrounded by stratagems and evil voodoo magic... If you feel unable or unwilling to put your head to use on solving these, rest assured: PGI feels your pain. They created numerous other game modes where you can solo-yolo-rambo to your heart's content. Such as QP and Solaris. Solaris even has a pure 1-on-1 game mode, where nobody is to blame for your loss but yourself.

If you resent getting shot at, you could even go to the testing ground.

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostRoland09, on 09 September 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

1. What is keeping you from grouping up and enjoying the advantages groups have over PUGs?
2. What do you think the supposed 'complete lack of inexperienced players' comes from? Maybe groups are - gasp - training less experienced players?

3. They created numerous other game modes where you can solo-yolo-rambo to your heart's content. Such as QP and Solaris.

1) Because I'm a casual player.
2) There's no room for a single inexperienced player because it's filled to the top with 12 experienced ones.
3) No Decks or Loyalty points available in QP or Solaris. If WMO had a FP training mode with decks but no groups,that had only 50% or even 0% of the loyalty point gains of the full FP version, then I would stick to that FP training mode instead of saying that meta FP farming groups should stop being allowed to ruin FP for casual players.

Also I'd like to ignore the problem and just make up for the group vs solo waste by compensating with some playable solo vs solo games, but just this Sunday I ran into 9 out of 9 pugs vs group matches IN A ROW, despite taking big breaks between some matches to get rid of the groups, and with roughly a single one of my teams being able to reach more then 20 kills...

Go try that out, and you'll realize why FP groups are nothing less then MWO's cancer to casual players. But if you can't help yourself from grouping up to go farm solo players, at least don't get in the way of feature requests trying to slow down the rate at which those solo players are leaving.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#4 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

No, thanks. I'd rather continue with my group's rigorous training regimen which requires that every night, each of us has to slaughter 250 hapless seals who insist on remaining seals forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users