#1 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:11 AM

FNR-5B

Been mucking about with this lately in FP on maps like Forest Colony, where you have decently long engagement ranges, and the low slung ECM nature of the Fafnir helps you hide in the underbrush / fog without being a massive target. I've had some great games with it. The 67 pt alpha strike isn't huge compared to some, but you can fire it 3 times before overheating at all. Definitely one of my new favorite mechs, a great mid-range trading Fafnir build IMO.

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Thats basically a deathstrike but with slightly superior IS weapons, ECM, and atrocious mobility/armor. Ill still take a deathstrike (2GR+6ERML), but your build isnt exactly all that terrible especially since its ECM and alot less likely to attract attention like the MCIIs are notorioius for.

that said, pretty much any mech that can bring 2 GRs+lasers and get 50+ alfa is going to be useful even if not min-maxed or top tier. Its just ne of those combos that nothing can truly kill short of neutering gauss or lasers entirely (even if its ghost heated 90% you fire lasers and start charging at once nullifying ghost heat).

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

haven't taken out my fafnir in a while. Might do some testings on that map.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users