Disconnecting Before Match Starts Prevents Ssr Loss?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:34 AM

So i've run into a certain pilot twice in a row now, (I won't name & shame specifically) who has lost to me several times. It seems he has discovered recently that he can disconnect during the map selection screen and if he doesn't connect during the game there is no SSR loss. At first I assumed it was just a connection issue, but it does appear to be deliberate. I'm recording, if I run into him doing it again where should I send the footage?

Edited by Dionnsai, 13 September 2018 - 09:35 AM.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

support@mwomercs.com

#3 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 September 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

support@mwomercs.com

happened again, definitely intentional

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Support goes to general support, and then is forwarded to the moderation folks. Moderation@mwomercs.com goes directly to the game mods. They’re usually pretty quick to get a response, too...since you have videos I’m willing to bet if you watch his match count it’ll come to a sudden stop for a while.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 13 September 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Support goes to general support, and then is forwarded to the moderation folks. Moderation@mwomercs.com goes directly to the game mods. They’re usually pretty quick to get a response, too...since you have videos I’m willing to bet if you watch his match count it’ll come to a sudden stop for a while.

copy that, thanks bro, encountered him again, he's still doing the same

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

Does it still count as a win for you?

#7 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

PS, only mode where you can get free headshots on discos.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

Yeah but waiting the 90 second countdown is irritating. Personally I have a problem with shooting discos...almost all of my ties are because of discos. Happens more than once, though, and yeah fair game.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:06 AM

you use Alt +Tab ? thats the first Position problem in MWO for DCs.

#10 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:35 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 13 September 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Does it still count as a win for you?

It counts on the win/loss column, but SSR doesn't change.

#11 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostDionnsai, on 14 September 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

It counts on the win/loss column

i thought that was to only column that mattered

#12 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Are you cool after a win or are you a dixk?

#13 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

Dc'ing when getting the same opponent several hundred sr apart is perfectly ok. Complain about bad matchmaker instead.

#14 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 24 September 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Dc'ing when getting the same opponent several hundred sr apart is perfectly ok. Complain about bad matchmaker instead.

It’s not okay and that’s not a problem with the matchmaker when there’s only two people in Queue. There’s already mechanics in place to protect players scores when such matches occur...getting matched against a vastly superior opponent is virtually risk free for you and extremely risky for your opponent.

#15 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

By dc ing the lower sr player avoid a frustrating match and the higher sr player still get cbills.

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

By dc’ing the lower skill player only loses. He does not gain skill, patience, or points. Staying in the match and actually fighting can only possibly help him win in the future. Not to mention, almost every match is won by the loser making a serious mistake...and we all make mistakes. Even the most skilled players get cocky and mess up. Almost anyone can force a king crab to overheat. Almost anyone can leg an annihilator (seems they all keep their ammo there). Almost anyone (except me) can trip up an uziel. And so on. You don’t figure these things out by ditching the match.

I can completely understand getting frustrated being matched up with dionnsai...I let out a little groan every time...but he makes mistakes, too. There’s half a dozen other names that pop up that I hate seeing on the map banning screen. They’re people who beat me almost every match...but I persist. And I beat them sometimes. And because I persist I’m winning more and more.

Not to mention, if you just play the match out and it’s a quick loss you at least get your mech back almost immediately. Dc and you’re out at least five minutes. More if they decide to milk you since you bailed. I don’t like to kill dc players so when someone bails on me they’re out until the clock’s at 30 seconds.

#17 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

Quit pretending you speak on behalf of anyone but yourself, let the player choose.
And op whining about not getting to farm sr from newbies is extremly poor form.

#18 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 24 September 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostKalleballe, on 24 September 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Quit pretending you speak on behalf of anyone but yourself, let the player choose.
Actually, it is not OK by any means and the Code Of Conduct classifies this behavior as non-participation.

And op whining about not getting to farm sr from newbies is extremly poor form.

1. Disconnecting from the match instead of even trying to fight is extremely poor form.
2. If the SSR gap is large enough, OP may be actually losing SSR just by getting matched against these players.

#19 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:23 PM

Ofcourse you are techically correct.

#20 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 14 September 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

It counts on the win/loss column, but SSR doesn't change.

So exactly what a certain other player does in QP by disconnecting, mid game, as the last player alive and resulting in it not affecting his KDR as match ends. Thus, an exploit.

Finally I have said player doing it - on video - so will be submitting that this week...

It honestly sounds exactly the same exploit just manifesting differently.

View PostKalleballe, on 24 September 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

By dc ing the lower sr player avoid a frustrating match and the higher sr player still get cbills.

It is abusing an exploit. End of story.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 25 September 2018 - 09:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users