Return From In-Game Store's Mechlab Display Does Not Maintain Filter

Bug Report In-Game Store

1 reply to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

Title: In-Game Store's Sub-Categories under "BattleMechs" fail in continuing to Filter properly when returning from the In-Game Store's MechLab Display.

Description: Since the release of the Latest Game Update (v1.4.179 on 2018-08-21), going to the In-Game Store, using a Sub-Category under "BattleMechs" to Filter the displayed options, then selecting a Mech's Variant and using the In-Game Store's MechLab Display, followed by coming back to the BattleMech List while a Filter is active, causes that Filter to cease in proper operation. This results in getting the Full List of BattleMechs, instead of just what that Active Filter was supposed to limit the view to.

Location: In-Game Store, while trying to look at the available BattleMechs for purchase

Reproduction Rate: 100% -- This is ALWAYS REPRODUCIBLE!!!

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Start from the Normal MWO Home
  • Go to the Yellow "Store" Button at the top, and click in.
  • On the left side navigation that appears, select "BattleMechs"
  • On the list of items that expands out, select any Sub-Category other than "All"
  • Notice at this step that a Filter has now become active... Scroll up/down if possible to confirm nothing outside the Filter's intended content is visible
  • Click on Any Available Mech Name, in order to expand out the list of Variants
  • Click on Any Mech Picture in the displayed Variants, in order to select a specific one for examination
  • Click on "View In MechLab", within the "Mech Stats" Pane down in the lower-right
  • Mess with the layout if you wish, although this is not necessary (probably the only optional step here, as this Bug occurs without regard to it... I did check that...)
  • Click the "Back" Button in the upper-left, to return to the Chassis/Variant Listings
  • Notice at this step by scrolling up/down that the Filter that was enabled earlier does not appear to be working anymore, as ALL Mech Chassis & Variants are now visible

Comments: PGI Staff, I don't know if you have already spotted this issue, or even if you have a Fix coming for this. I just thought it might be worth pointing it out before it could get away for another month, which would cause others to get their brains all wound-up over it. I might as well note that I double-checked my files with the Repair Tool, and no problems exist there. Also of note, I've already tripped on this Bug upwards of 30+ times across several MWO Sessions, and it's rather harassing. It even re-triggers if you go play a Match, head for the Academy, or even use the Testing Grounds... all followed by coming back afterward and trying again, where it will just catch people in the face all over again. Logging out and back in also does not fix this. :(

~D. V. "already having a confusing time with sorting through the In-Game Store to find things" Devnull

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:16 AM

I am experiencing this as well and it is really annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users