33 replies to this topic

#1 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

From my perspective, we are now seeing the end of MWO. The reasons I think this are:

MM no longer functions as there just aren't enough people playing, they just put whoever is there into the match.

Every game now has 2-3 no connects or 2-3 afk, why play when you have lost before the match has even started.

All the money wasted on Solaris- what a kick in the nuts to the majority of players, we got 1 map that is so unoptimized it is hard to play, and we will be getting no more.

Wanna buy a mech pack???

I have played this game, which I love, for 6 years, but this is just to the point of....blah F it, it is finally time to move on, like 90% of the people I have played with have.

It's been a great run though, too bad they didn't support the part of the game that most people play- you know QP, go go solaris.... what a joke.

#2 Tonberry Knife

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 45 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:10 PM

Another one of these threads. Not sure what the purpose is since it offers no solutions.

Edited by Tonberry Knife, 14 September 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#3 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostTonberry Knife, on 14 September 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Another one of these threads. Not sure what the purpose is since it offers no solutions.

I wish there was a solution, I would be all for it, but I just don't see one. What I see is more and more people either stop playing or cut way back on playing time... it's just not fun.

If you have one.... that might actually be implemented, and then get people to come back/ start playing- I'm all ears.

#4 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

I play every day I can and have done so for years. I intend to continue doing so. What I don't do as much is go to the forum comments because of the toxicity.

#5 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

Not sure what you mean about quality of QP matches. For me, they have always been this bad. People not hitting the R key, firing weapons at targets well over max range, horribad loadouts, suicide lights, and even more that would take me days to list.

As for Solaris, good idea...bad implementation. I’d love for someone to point out the posts where many thought Divisions would be a good idea. 2v2? Those of us that wanted one on one competition were looking for a system that would pit us against a similar skilled opponent with a similar mech. People have been screaming for Battle Value, would have been the perfect time to implement it. Instead we got a system where you need to take the meta of a division if you want to progress at a decent rate to get your rewards. And the rewards? Moar tusks! How about ACC allows for direct purchases of something we want? Warhorns, deccles, bolt ons, cockpit items, colors?

Instead of 2v2 they should have figured out Free For All for the others that had that as their idea of what Solaris should be. The engine can’t do Free For All? Can it do 4 single player teams? Six? Eight? There you go!

Edited by KodiakGW, 14 September 2018 - 01:39 PM.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

My hope is that MW5 will be a success. And that they will in turn use MW5 as a starting point to recreate MWO in an engine that is less of a problem to develop with. I think the Mechwarrior Academy is probably the extent of their ability with their franken Cryengine. Which wasn't bad. But I wouldn't be surprised if after they finished it's development. They realized just how much work would go into creating actual content for the game.

Edited by MechaBattler, 14 September 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

Solutions are simple:

1. Get rid of the tier system, represent player skills with a computed number that actually represents their skill (QP FP)

2. Create matches with skill balanced teams (QP)

3. Spend more than 0 effort on FP (FP)

#8 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

For real, fixing the matchmaking would solve most of this games problems.

They could even revert most of the nerfs if it just matched you with equally skilled opponents.

#9 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

+1 for fixing the match maker.

what use is it to match elo 200ish people with elo 400ish ones? the match is already decided.

for those saying group search would take to long - that is what windowed mode is for, read a blog, browse the forums whatever.

point is: people do not seem to realize that the mechdads like me are what is keeping companies afloat.

piss on us long enough, we leave => no more money, no new content => no new players => the l33ts leave => game dead - the eternal circle of online gaming in a nutshell.

#10 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

Oh the horror , the game is dying ............again .

Am I missing out on something ? Is somebody offering MC if we make stupid troll threads ?

#11 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

there are currently [color=#7CC53F]

754 im Spiel

[/color] playing.

I grant you, that it is pretty late for Europe right now - roughly midnight - which coincidentally is the same b33f had when he was playing as midnight is prime time in America.

Battlebrothers - if you even know the game - has 475 people playing, harebrained BT has 2.4 k.

And you have the gall to call the worried dudes trolls?

#12 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Move on to what? You act like the current alternatives are not also shallow and pointless.

Nothing of note is shipping before late Q4 18 or Q1 19.

Edited by Spheroid, 14 September 2018 - 02:51 PM.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

so long as pgi only goes after low hanging fruit the game will continue to suffer. we all know what gets people playing, more events, more weapons, more maps. the game needs a more regular source of novelty and new mech packs just arent cutting it.

#14 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 September 2018 - 11:01 AM.
staff abuse, replies removed

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

If that is your belief then just go. No need to make a dozen of MWO is dead posts beforehand.

Posted Image

#16 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 14 September 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Move on to what? You act like the current alternatives are not also shallow and pointless.

Nothing of note is shipping before late Q4 18 or Q1 19.

Mech Warrior Living Legends is an option... and it's free to play.

#17 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 September 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

If that is your belief then just go. No need to make a dozen of MWO is dead posts beforehand.

Posted Image

Where did I say it sucks???? I'm expressing what I see as problems that are really taking the fun out of the games, like I said been a great 6 years. I'm just looking at what is happening right now, and it isn't looking good.

So just keep your head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening, and attack anyone that you disagree with.

#18 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:15 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 14 September 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

My hope is that MW5 will be a success. And that they will in turn use MW5 as a starting point to recreate MWO in an engine that is less of a problem to develop with. I think the Mechwarrior Academy is probably the extent of their ability with their franken Cryengine. Which wasn't bad. But I wouldn't be surprised if after they finished it's development. They realized just how much work would go into creating actual content for the game.

has you heard each news from MW5? Marketing? only a small number from Magazines bring one article in a Year ...show the Great MW5 Homepage from PGI ..more dead as MWO ..its the same Team like MWO

#19 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostGrus, on 14 September 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Mech Warrior Living Legends is an option... and it's free to play.

How many play that game at average? And is there a tutorial system so I can learn the small detials other than basic mw controls and how to play the game?

#20 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:54 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 September 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Solutions are simple:

1. Get rid of the tier system, represent player skills with a computed number that actually represents their skill (QP FP)

2. Create matches with skill balanced teams (QP)

3. Spend more than 0 effort on FP (FP)

Great if it would be so simple. What if a player plays crappy mechs and the other matched players play meta mechs? Are players with skill doomed to field meta mechs and do a 100% performance all the time or their team loses? That's why battle value considers the fielded mechs+load out and then you have to consider the map and the specific skill of the player with this mech+load out on this given map. It's very complicated and even if it would work I guess most player wouldn't like the consequences of a matchmaker like this.

Edited by Tiewolf, 15 September 2018 - 12:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users