Target Retention And Battle Grid (Now W/ Multi-Monitor Support!)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Monolith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 134 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee, USA

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:42 AM

So I have thought for the longest time that we ought to have multi-monitor support...

With "Target Retention" already in the skill tree for years, why do we not have multi-monitor support with rear and down facing cameras?

I would be happy with a single gimble-mounted camera that could be swung between rear and down facing on the 'nuts' of the mech. You guys (& gals, lets be fair...) could even allow for a fixed target reticle in the center of this display, I doubt that we will ever see rear-arc weapons, but it could automatically swing down for jump-capable mechs, making DFA much more user friendly... of course that's assuming collision damage, or, heaven forbid, melee damage were to make it into the game...

Also, the battle grid could be displayed on a third monitor...

Edited by Monolith, 15 September 2018 - 03:55 AM.

#2 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:36 AM

Probably not going to happen because it greatly benefits people with a second monitor, which is not a standard set up. It's basically making the game more pay to win, but PGI's not even getting the money. You can already use a multi-monitor setup to get a much better view of the battlefield.

Now, if they had a small picture-in-picture rearview, that'd be good. It always seemed off to me that with this level of technology, CCTV is apparently not an option despite the fact that we have remote-controlled camera drones to see in 3rd-person.

#3 Monolith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 134 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee, USA

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:17 AM

In MW4, there was a keybinding for viewing what was behind or below the mech... (If you played with a joystick, it was the hat on top of the stick.) Albeit, it was a grainy CCTV type representation, but I would be ok with that.

Pay-to-win because I have second monitor? I don't think I even implied that it be an exclusive option for those with more than one monitor. I have to contend the pay-to-win argument anyway. A second monitor would simply add depth to the experience. Also, a hotkey for viewing what was behind the mech would solve that, if it is even a valid issue. It is not like I can focus on both screens simultaneously. And like any tool, it is the skill of the user that determines its effectiveness...

The main reason I suggest this is that I think it would make the game more fun, and more immersive.

Edited by Monolith, 16 September 2018 - 06:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users