Stealth Armor Op Bug

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

So i've discovered a bug, reported it to PGI, and well... nothing in the patch notes about fixing it.

If you are trying to lock streaks, on an enemy mech, and even if your own ECM module is switched to counter... if there's an enemy near you, with active stealth armor... his ecm bubble will protect the target as if it had stealth active also. I was in my shadowcat with triple streak-6, ECM, 2 erml... thanks to PGI shrinking the target lock area its already a LOT harder (its more than a 50% reduction as was pointed out in last month's patch notes thread) to get a streak lock on a fast moving light, but this stealth armor bug makes it completely impossible. I was trying to engage a piranha 1... and couldn't even begin to achieve the lock, even with my ECM on counter mode, with a stealth commando nearby also. One ECM on counter is supposed to counter one other ECM...except apparently when its with stealth armor... and transferring jesus bubble to all around itself.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Are you able to replicate it in a private match? If so, that sure would bite, especially with ECM range being increased (or has it been increased yet?)...

#3 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

Oh also...I had two UAV's airborne over my position and still couldn't get a lock on the piranha.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 September 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

especially with ECM range being increased (or has it been increased yet?)...

Yes, PGI already expanded the ECM Bubble just last month. :(

--->>> https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/08/2125-patch-notes-141790-21aug2018

~D. V. "It's a thing." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users