#1 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Busted!!!

Though they didnt say it, MWOWC is the primary reason these spawn points are being switched up. I will just cross my fingers that they do it for a number of other maps.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 September 2018 - 03:20 PM.

#2 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

No, you are wrong in this line of thought.

MWOWC you can select where you want to spawn. So if they change Bravo and Charlie, guess what.... players will just select Charlie to spawn from instead of Bravo.

This was done because of the way solo queue assigns lances based on mech weights.

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:04 AM

Bust those myths wiiiiide open QB!

#4 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 September 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Though they didnt say it, MWOWC is the primary reason these spawn points are being switched up. I will just cross my fingers that they do it for a number of other maps.

LOL nope.

All Semi-Final and World Final Tournament matches will take place on a dedicated Tournament Build, distinct from the standard MechWarrior Online client.
  • Semi-Final participants will be required to download and install this separate Tournament Build.
  • Access to the Tournament Build will be restricted to eligible Semi-Finalists only.
  • The Tournament Build will be a clone of the standard MechWarrior Online client taken from the August 15th patch.

August 15th patch is what the MWOWC will be played on. This upcoming patch won't affect a thing

Edited by Vxheous, 17 September 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:19 PM

Blew that out of the waters. I was just seeing that rosters are locked up. I just remember some of the matches last year where Charlie Lance put the in a bad position but you are correct, tis only a team of 8 so they could have been moved around. That was primarily what was stuck in my head when PGI announced that change. Now Caustic would have also been a great choice to switch those spawn points, particularly in PUG games where almost everyone is nascaring, leaving the slow Charlie lance, which spawns on the left side, in the rears most of the time.

Wait, what time did I post this? haha.. I had been drinking too!!

[September 11th Update!]
As per player request, we've adjusted the Comp Play lock down date for the Top 12 and roster lock to Tuesday September 18th at Midnight PDT instead of the 20th.

Also any changes made to the top 12 team player's accounts after this Friday will not be added to the Tournament Client Build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users