12 replies to this topic

#1 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

Hey gang, I've found other games to play and spend my $$$$$ on since S1 of Solaris..... I mean, I don't have time to organize 40+ people to do MRBC or RHOD or whatever.... I was impressed with S1 of Solaris, so much so I participated enough to earn #10 overall in S1....

I refuse to play anything but Div 1 this ridiculous abortion of a game in S2....

...I forgot who I was supporting by spending my money on this game, for the first time in years...giving my money to... ugh, PGI, you could F up a wet dream.... I can't believe you're in charge of the IP for MW5....

Guys.... this multiplier on the first 10 games... it does the opposite of encourage fair play....

Solaris is dead... it discourages fair play and encourages gaming of said system and sitting on leads artificially inflated....

Please guys.... we pay you millions to figure this stuff out, how could you take a decent scoring system and F it up so much, sooooo much..... I mean dang guys, it's hard to believe you didn't porously tank this....

Please learn tournament design.... let's get a dialogue going about a fair, fair play encouraging scoring algorithm, let's actually discuss and disclose how the scoring system, so people, obviously with more than a clue than you folks... or someone who doesn't want to purpously discourage fair play, which is the only thing I can believe, because I can't believe people whose livelihood it is to make a game could go from decent to FAIL ..... so, so... I mean, it has to be deliberately.....

Gang.... Community! let's discuss the tournament, which is in day like 60 of 90.... it's punitively long, no one is talking about this... I'm not debating the efficacy of weapons, map selection... this stuff I think is done right... it's the scoring, and the multiplier in those first 10 games and the vulnerability to gaming of said system that you just can't get back if you don't do it... it's that redicously broken... when you can go from making 400ish points for that 10th win to a max of 2.... because you won't find anyone near the upper eschilon elos who is stupid enough to risk their position....

I mean damn guys, get a clue.... I want a Solaris 7 season I can play the @#$@# out of and earn it... Not a balanced 1v1 system with a TOTALLY BROKEN SCOREBOARD/LEADERBOARD..... PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP, FFS....

Signed, the dude who placed #10 overall in S1,
-Dart

Please, please, please fix this...

Edited by Dartangan, 15 September 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#2 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

I mean..... You guys [the community] realize why this game never has, nor will, become the E-Sport it could have been, right!?!?!

The brains behind the operation, the CFO who had health problems in Summer of 2012.... and left Paul and Garth to F everything up....

Hero mechs.... Unique chassis (regardless of efficacy) available for $$$$ only.... I mean, damn guys, don't call it F2P.... Don't give people $&^% and call it caviar....

I really thought after a 2 year hiatus you had it together and were making strides toward a sustainable business model, income, building a competitive environment, which encourages fair play, even if it is only 1v1.... then you do the worst thing possible with the scoring algorithim, with such an exploitable matching system, then IGNORE EVERYONE TELLING YOU YOU F'D UP, FOR A 90 DAY SEASON!?!?!?

REALLY GUYS!?!?!

I want to play some 1v1 competitive MWO, in fact, anyone down for that, friend me "Dartangan" I'll do it in private lobbies... not gunna blow my EXPLOITABLE first 10 games in div's 2-7..... So, so, so, so, so stupid guys....

For shame....

But yeah, I still want to F everyone up, hoping this gets addressed like now, rather than no communication and fixed in 30 days, which I guess is better than never..... We waited years for features which are only now becoming available so I guess, whatever.... Not gunna spend money on this or MW5 till you do right by your customers to my satisfaction though....

Cheers.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:56 AM

View PostDartangan, on 15 September 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hey gang, I've found other games to play and spend my $$$$$ on since S1 of Solaris..... I mean, I don't have time to organize 40+ people to do MRBC or RHOD or whatever

Just to clear up the glaring misinformation.

MRBC has been 8v8... Not 40+ in a team. Most teams have around 12 players average.

Current MRBC / Battle for Midway is 6v6. Most teams have around 8-10 players and it's capped at 14.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:55 AM

I did a few games in S3 and...man...its a legging contest so far but one match out of 4:

No fun…!

Divisions Mech selection:

Complete out of whack!

Gamemode:
FAIL!!!

#5 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

I can't get any solaris games at all, thb.
It's pretty much dead.

#6 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Last time I tried solaris I found 1 guy in division 2 that played 3 times and I queued for a couple other divisions and nobody else was around. The 1vs1 is very satisfying when you win but it's really frustrating to lose and if you're like me and lose more than you win you're not going to want play it that much. I don't have anybody to play the 2vs2 with so never tried that. Lord knows why they didn't put a match maker for faction play, like they're talking about now, in back then instead of making a new shallow game mode that I think they could have predicted would dry up blow away like it seems to have done.

#7 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

part of the reason it dried up is they ****** with the rewards format 76 days into a 90 day season.
Another part of the reason is 7 seperate queue's where people wait to see other people already queueing b4 they queue, leading to no one queueing when multiple people are looking, instead of 1 queue where you select how many divs you want to possibly get dropped in. But this has been going on so long no one is even bothering to look if anyone else is queueing anymore.

Im still waiting to see an announcement just before the end of the season changing rewards layout again futher ******* with us.

Also another reason no one is playing, its better for most people to finish outside the top 100, so why queue when you want to not win ? the gxp is more valuable than 2nd place finish.

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

Yep - I honestly am not interested in playing as being inside the Top 100 is just not as valuable as being outside it...

Hence waiting to see what the rewards is as to whether I play more or not.

I did raise this but it seemed to be out of line with what PGI were thinking was more valuable.

#9 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:49 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 September 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yep - I honestly am not interested in playing as being inside the Top 100 is just not as valuable as being outside it...

Hence waiting to see what the rewards is as to whether I play more or not.

I did raise this but it seemed to be out of line with what PGI were thinking was more valuable.

Their response that it was intentional top 100 players don't get GXP was baffling. To 99% of the population GXP is incredibly valuable.

#10 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 25 September 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

Their response that it was intentional top 100 players don't get GXP was baffling. To 99% of the population GXP is incredibly valuable.

Yup I didn't feel bad about just sitting in d2 top 500 because the rewards were pants otherwise. And that warhorn holy Christ, so bad. The decals too, utterly fugly. They totally f'd the pooch on S7 and I have zero interest in playing that game mode again. Also, why are they still trying to push those idiotic 'Mech attachments? I have seen but one player use them, who would honestly put something on their 'Mech that makes its position even more obvious? Dear God. Agree with OP, the entire implementation from beginning to end seems to have crossed the line from simple incompetence to some sort of malicious desire to tank their own game. Lolz.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

allow pug drops in 2v2.

#12 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

buying/skilling up mechs to do S7 is a waste. I don't have any good div 4-7 mechs. I would like to 1) do the challenges 2) compete but I'm not gonna drop cbills on a variant I'm not gonna use in regular drops, then spend the time grinding the needed skills.

S7 skill tree should be free. That would reduce the barrier to entry considerably and probably encourage more people to join and test builds. Also, you'd probably see less trash.

#13 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 October 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

allow pug drops in 2v2.

Drop 2v2 and figure out FFA so the people who wanted that mode can have it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users