The "art" Of Lrming.

25 replies to this topic

#1 TXiminett

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:47 PM

Last day i was discussing on the clan chat the "art" of LRMing.

Seems that everyone must have at least 1 LRM pod on their mechs. Why??? Simple. You can hide back the assaults while the assaults brawlers take all damage. Funny uh??? And you,like a rat,hiding back the friendly lines.

With more LRM friendly mechs,major tase of exit. So i start to believe that this game is based on how many LRM mechs have the team.

So now i believe that LRMing is an art.

Also LRMing can be managed for low cost computers. All have advantages!!!

But please,PLEASE,if you have a laser backup on your LRM mech...go help the team.

Is easy to hide back a hill and shoot your stuff,but assault mechs are not invincible.

This is a post regarding one of my matches (winned btw) who left 12-6. I survived but the other 5 guys are LRM mechs,and i was the only brawler mech left. All our snipers,brawlers and lights destroyed cus our team was plenty of "hey,look me,i am a LRM mech,please give me targets cus if i expose my mech maybe i can broke my nail"

So,again,if you have laser backup on your mech,go help the team.

Also,some time ago was playing a LRM mech cus my low specs computer,and i noticed three things. First,i need to hide back my team mates,second,i need to take high places for multiplicate my chances to be a support mech and third,if i was pure LRM mech,i need backup.

I need brawlers and other type of mechs for a chance to survive cus i was pure LRM mech.

So,resuming.if you want to play easy mode,play a LRM mech.

So this is why this post,the Art of LRMing in MW universe.

Edited by TXiminett, 17 September 2018 - 11:54 PM.

#2 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:12 AM

View PostTXiminett, on 17 September 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

So now i believe that LRMing is an art.

Long time ago, you could lose and get your lock again to hit enemys in front of you with your lrms hitting their back (yes with some skill you could made your lrms flying 180 degree turns).
Then you could still bend lrms around obstacles, you could get a lock on one mech, fire your lrms, get a second lock on another mech, fire you missiles and the switch back to your first target and then back to your second, beeing able to hit 2 mechs with lrms and a third with your lasers.

But that changed, no bending, no way for two locks on two enemys, no 200m lrming,
but much more ammo, need to stay more away to get over obstacles, nerfed artemis, the selflock system.

LRMing is no art anymore,
there is no skill involved anymore,
just throw as much missiles as possible at indirect locks at long range, hinding behind a rock.

EDIT:
And they removed the pretty spiraling artemis lrms!
With that they would at least lock good, even if they are dumbed down.

Edited by Kroete, 18 September 2018 - 01:19 AM.

#3 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:24 AM

"art " hahhahahhaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha whats the art? how they press the mouse button??? call it better the art of bobs hitting everybody, no matter if enemy or friendly, with robot like clicking mousebutton..if they would even once look at mini map before clicking their stupid button if there´s a friendly engaged close with the enmy

#4 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 18 September 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

"art " hahhahahhaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha whats the art? how they press the mouse button??? call it better the art of bobs hitting everybody, no matter if enemy or friendly, with robot like clicking mousebutton..if they would even once look at mini map before clicking their stupid button if there´s a friendly engaged close with the enmy

PGI want lrms to be that way,
just lock at the last patches and you will see that pgi want lrms for indirect skillless massspamming from long range.

#5 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:45 AM

Bull##, even i as handycapped player can use lurms purposeful. Nothing hard on follow target, watching once on mini map if an friendly is engaged with the target and click the button. i played after 6 years once lurms for a event and get out of match with 800+ dmg and 4kills, so what is hard on watching mini map+ point and click?? especially the clan lurms is a weapon for eal bobs..... if its to hard for all the bobs to take a look on mini map + point and click go play sims

So, i am outta here, the wrong forum to duíscuss that thingy, there are other freds to discuss that

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 September 2018 - 03:13 AM.

#6 TXiminett

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:02 AM

I do not understand what spike try to say,and i do not understand what is a bob. Please,explain.

#7 TTXi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:12 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 18 September 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Maybe you not understood my sarcasm with that post. Yes,i am TXiminett with another account.

#8 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:25 AM

View PostTTXi, on 18 September 2018 - 04:12 AM, said:

Maybe you not understood my sarcasm with that post. Yes,i am TXiminett with another account.

thought that. Sry english is not my mother language?. i did understand, just wanted to see how long it takes till the usual pro lurmers are responding. ( a lurm bob is a player who clicks like a robot the mousebutton to spam his lurms on everything that moves on the map. No matter if his lurms hit Hills, buildings, team mates or anything else.
Mostly they pilot the biggest avaiable mechs ingame and has nothing else in bhis mech then lurms. No backup laser even not tag.. noothing else. and only one order in his mind : must Click button.. must click button... or better said " the most useless type of player in mwo

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 September 2018 - 04:27 AM.

#9 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:48 AM

From the way back machine.

The lost art of LRMishing

https://youtu.be/uwpR2rCsplg

#10 TTXi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 18 September 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

thought that. Sry english is not my mother language?. i did understand, just wanted to see how long it takes till the usual pro lurmers are responding. ( a lurm bob is a player who clicks like a robot the mousebutton to spam his lurms on everything that moves on the map. No matter if his lurms hit Hills, buildings, team mates or anything else.
Mostly they pilot the biggest avaiable mechs ingame and has nothing else in bhis mech then lurms. No backup laser even not tag.. noothing else. and only one order in his mind : must Click button.. must click button... or better said " the most useless type of player in mwo

Ok we start to understand us. Yeah,those type of players is what i mean. Also they hide back the assaults cus if they go in front lines they have intestinal hurts. More than that,they use the LRMs in low lands (terrible idea)

#11 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:04 AM

View PostTTXi, on 18 September 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

Ok we start to understand us. Yeah,those type of players is what i mean. Also they hide back the assaults cus if they go in front lines they have intestinal hurts. More than that,they use the LRMs in low lands (terrible idea)

oh jeeeepPosted Image saw a lot in the 6years here ( i believe there is nothing any more i didnt saw build in mechs) and during the lurmagedonss i survived. ooh maan^^ The type of players who are piloting something like that:(jeeez )
https://mwo.smurfy-n...8448428227f6be8

#12 TTXi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 18 September 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

oh jeeeepPosted Image saw a lot in the 6years here ( i believe there is nothing any more i didnt saw build in mechs) and during the lurmagedonss i survived. ooh maan^^ The type of players who are piloting something like that:(jeeez )
https://mwo.smurfy-n...8448428227f6be8

A little exagerated but yes,something like that :P

#13 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:24 AM

View Postloopala, on 18 September 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

From the way back machine.

The lost art of LRMishing

https://youtu.be/uwpR2rCsplg

Eh, I didn't see any real Lrm bending in that. You know, the old firing round corners trick, or suppressing three mechs at once. Just normal gameplay.

~Leone.

#14 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

View PostLeone, on 18 September 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

Eh, I didn't see any real Lrm bending in that. You know, the old firing round corners trick, or suppressing three mechs at once. Just normal gameplay.

~Leone.

none of that was in the video. as it was about LRMishing. where the lrm mech is up front with the skirmishers, instead of behind the assaults hiding in the back.

#15 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

I think the art to lrming is using your weapons strengths , Indirect Fire
whilst
Minimising its weakness, trading against direct fire

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 18 September 2018 - 08:19 AM.

#16 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:17 AM

View Postloopala, on 18 September 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

none of that was in the video. as it was about LRMishing. where the lrm mech is up front with the skirmishers, instead of behind the assaults hiding in the back.

But that's just normal LRM usage...

~Leone.

#17 MasterChiefDarqo

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:09 AM

This again?
" history repeats because young men don't listen to the old men 'rambling' "
ps: worst training unit I ever funded: https://imgur.com/gallery/7AF78sM

...but, yes, I think even LRM's have their place.. sometimes.

Edited by MasterChiefReshmar, 19 September 2018 - 07:56 AM.

#18 Pelassaria B Wolf

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostMasterChiefReshmar, on 19 September 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

This again?
" history repeats because young men don't listen to the old men 'rambling' "
ps: worst training unit I ever funded: https://imgur.com/gallery/7AF78sM

Back in retirement AKA impersonating others to talk trash about others.

#19 _Chaplain

• Pip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

Well, snark about LRM's aside; I'd like to link to an old-er post, an on-going "bible" on the subject of not sand-bagging yur team when LRM-ing ( at bottom ).
and... I wouldn't call how most people fire them "marksmanship" - ( i like MRM's - they act, and have about the range, as I see LRM's from tabletop: where they are 630 m, not 900, not 1000- and in fluff, they were dumb-fire until we found this crazy lost-tech in Crescent Hawk's Revenge). Point was, if you can "deadfire" LRM's with dead reckoning, you probably were quite pleased when mrm's came out - or you're good at saturation bombing people, punishing them for poking predictably.

However, arguments and salt about skill aside ( and even to lrm well, requires a positional awareness, which is an acquired skill); if LRM-ing is to be discussed," again" - and while this is out of date, the 'bible' is still relevant, in general if not in specifics of each patch.

Many people despise this weapon system, for various reasons, but if you are going to lrm, do it well:
https://mwomercs.com...ed-1-june-2017/
this has been discussed, endlessly, many times. Let's just cut to the good stuff?

post-script edit:

View PostHonourWolf, on 19 September 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Back in retirement AKA impersonating others to talk trash about others.

oops, I shouldn't have posted on that account, tho - it isn't resh's - but that's long and complicated.
Running thru events on alts, I've been known to get sloppy while checking events and glancing at forums in between, sorry for any confusion. Notice, I said the character (mercie) was retired, the *player* may play once in a while, less and less I find, but if i'm playing I may as well do events for buddies/gf/ alts.
And I wasn't " talking trash", I was stating a ?fact? - certainly factual from my P.O.V. ; tho by cropping out the unit's *name* it isn't finger-pointing, or public shaming; merely humorous in the " blind leading the blind" sort of way.

Edited by _Chaplain, 26 September 2018 - 01:36 PM.

#20 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:04 AM

When bulky mech stops in narrow passage the only offensive option is LRM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users