Mdd (Maddog) Brawler Build

10 replies to this topic

#1 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:09 AM

Heya folks. I just wanted to share this build as I find it extremely enjoyable, its joy being lessened only by the current LRM disease that plagues the game.

I've gone with a mixed build of weapons and range, using C-UAC20 (3 tons of ammo) in my left arm for that crazy dakka, x2 Heavy Medium Lasers to get bang for the buck and x2 C-SRM6 Artemis (2 tons of ammo), one in each shoulder. And 3 extra heatsinks.
Do go for Omnipods with Armor bonuses. Laser arms do not have any quirks but the Ballistic arm (MDD-C) has +20 armor while shoulderpods (MDD-PRIME) have +15 armor each and! missile cooldown and missile velocity quirks.

Until you invest into Operations (for heat managment) and Firepower (for minor heatgen and all AMMO NODES!), you will run hot easily and find yourself running out of ammo relatively easily.
After you've unlocked these nodes you will find it that while you can still run out of ammo, in such rounds you'll have done plenty enough to contribute greatly to the team.

As for the skills, I chose to go with little over half of firepower tree (some bottom HeatGen) to get those missile and UAC nodes. Skipped Survivability as gains from it would have been minimal but I did invest heavily into Mobility tree to gain extra speed, acceleration and deceleration. After all, this is both a brawler and hit-and-run mech so being able to get in and get out as well as being able to stop or gain speed swiftly is a major deal. This also means you can keep up with most mediums mechs, mechs which cannot carry similar firepower. Going 87kph as well as having excellent forward/backwards in a heavy is quite comfortable and fluid. And of course, full heat managment in Operations.

This is the build if you wish to try it out for yourselves and let me know how it works out for you :)
AD3L=8:1|l^pb0fG7|?C|YRqb0dG7|?C|YR|SR|SRrX0BJ7|gB|SRsX07H7|OC|OCtZ0hG7|l^uZ0iG7|l^v80bG7w606060

#2 Stryker Swiftfist

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Seems really punchy. I like it a lot.
Thank you.

Newbie question:
Do you always have to repurchase upgrades when switching out builds or is there a way to avoid that?

#3 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostStryker Swiftfist, on 09 January 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Seems really punchy. I like it a lot.
Thank you.

Newbie question:
Do you always have to repurchase upgrades when switching out builds or is there a way to avoid that?

Ah, finaly someone tries it out xD Thanks.
Upgrades? You mean omnipods? Omnipods are stored in your inventory under Omnipods :) You can then switch them out however you please as long as you have them purchased.
IN CASE OF HERO MECH OMNIPODS, DO NOT SELL THEM! YOU CANNOT BUY THEM BACK! IT IS STUPID! You can unequip them and change for some other omnipod, but do not sell hero mech omnipods!

#4 Stryker Swiftfist

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 10 January 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

Ah, finaly someone tries it out xD Thanks.
Upgrades? You mean omnipods? Omnipods are stored in your inventory under Omnipods Posted Image You can then switch them out however you please as long as you have them purchased.
IN CASE OF HERO MECH OMNIPODS, DO NOT SELL THEM! YOU CANNOT BUY THEM BACK! IT IS STUPID! You can unequip them and change for some other omnipod, but do not sell hero mech omnipods!

Really enjoying it and making more money with the build than with the long range one I was using.

In this specific case, If I want to swap out builds I always have to repurchase the missile guidance system for some reason. (My build uses standard guidance, yours uses Artemis.)

Edited by Stryker Swiftfist, 10 January 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#5 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

View PostStryker Swiftfist, on 10 January 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Really enjoying it and making more money with the build than with the long range one I was using.

In this specific case, If I want to swap out builds I always have to repurchase the missile guidance system for some reason. (My build uses standard guidance, yours uses Artemis.)

In case of Armor, Structure, Heat Sinks and Guidance they always have to be repurchased as it affects the whole mech, it's not a module.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Mixing 3 weapon types on a heavy mech is very inefficient way to build a mech.

#7 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 January 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Mixing 3 weapon types on a heavy mech is very inefficient way to build a mech.

Not being able to utilize what others find usable means it just doesn't suit you.
I for one find simple builds very boring and not fun to play. So I like to mix and match things, find a balance between fun and effective.
And will you imagine that, I end up getting nice results when I get into the "inefficient" build.
There is no inefficient build, ASH. There is what suits you and what you find enjoyable and effective, what you can do good with.
I'm not playing MWO and I'm not building mechs in it to be a stiff-broom-up-his-@$$-effective-360-no-scope-minmaxer-whatever. I'm doing it to have fun.
Boring builds make the game and its mechs very stale very fast for me.
Maybe you should give it a try, ASH. Discover a whole new world for your twitch viewers, making unusual or unorthodox builds and playing them not to be THE VERY BEST but to have fun and engage the cogs that spin and weave our thoughts, seeing how you could play a build to make the most out of it and how to approach combat in them.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Where did I it was un-fun?

I simply said, exactly what it was. This is the new player help section, afterall.

I've run RAC2/LRM/ XL360 Atlas & cranked out 1,000dmg games much to the hilarity of twitch. It's not efficient at all, it's not smart - but it was a laugh. Although lately RAC2 / AC2 and ERML hatchet builds on Assaults for laughs or even a single ERPPC Cicada (now that was a silly dumb game cranking out 600dmg+). Hell I played stock mode with 4-5 weapon types and still had fun. So yeah, fun was not the question or my point at all.

But that's ok, overreact.

#9 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 10 January 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

There is no inefficient build
Objection, your honor.

#10 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:01 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

I simply said, exactly what it was. This is the new player help section, afterall.

But that's ok, overreact.

Then don't complain about something that works and call it inefficient when it gets the job done just as well as other "meta" builds.
Also this is not just a new player help section, it's where people can share their builds or pick up any they'd maybe like to try on.

Now, if you don't have anything to actually add to the "MDD Brawler Build", get out, you're dragging this off topic.

View PostHorseman, on 11 January 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

That's just forcing a point. Artificial argument.

Edited by Acersecomic, 11 January 2019 - 05:02 AM.

#11 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

Like something stupid lbx2's, and 6 srm 6's... why the lbx? I can alpha the srms and keep on shooting... I get a kick out of it... wtf just took half of me appart... lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users