I Think, I'm Finally Satisfied With Mwo.

7 replies to this topic

#1 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Well, here's a day, I honestly felt would never come... but I should have known better.

I think, I've finally run my course in playing Mechwarrior Online.

It's been a long road, since 2012... so much has happened to me, I left college, couch surfed for a bit, got a solid job in security, ended up getting married, moved to an entirely different country.

but it's today, today I can finally say, I'm done with MWO officially, as my focus game.

Truth is, my playtime sank HARD about half a year back, but it'd been going down increasingly. I've supported MWO through a lot, though I've also been critical of the game.

How do I feel about the modern game? Honestly... i'm not sure... parts of me want how the game played and looked in beta back... but at the same time, I feel like it'd just be a half step to fixing the game...

I'm too much of a lorehound to stick around anymore though... it's been fun, and for those who remain, I hope you enjoy yourself, but at this point, I can only wait for MW5...

Love you all, in this community, you've been great most of the time... but this old vet, is finally hanging up the hat. [not to say I might not be around occasionally, mind you.]

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

Can I have your stuff?

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

I get the leaving after a long run thing. But the whole leaving because you're "satisfied" thing, eludes me.

If I become "satisfied" -at least to the extent I once was- I will gladly throw money at the game again, rather than leave.

-

Edited by Bud Crue, 18 September 2018 - 02:25 PM.

#4 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

I went through that a while ago. Play time sank hard early last year, kinda played off and on for a while, and now I don't even start it up for events.

With that said, I don't feel satisfied. I'd like to really get into playing again, but sadly I find you get both out of practice and into a place where you're several major balance changes behind and you've no idea what does what anymore. Then it's too much effort to get to a functional place again, so... eh. It's just too much work :(

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 18 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'd like to really get into playing again, but sadly I find you get both out of practice and into a place where you're several major balance changes behind and you've no idea what does what anymore. Then it's too much effort to get to a functional place again, so... eh. It's just too much work Posted Image

I disagree, at least as far as the Pug Queue goes. Load up laser vomit, dakka, or lasers + some other primary weapon type and you're good to go. Maybe do a Clan ERPPC poptart. Not a whole lot has changed in this regard.

Some specific mechs might get dumpstered along the way and sometimes weapons get dumpstered, but many of the classics still work because this game doesn't change much.

Edited by FupDup, 18 September 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#7 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

[mod]As "farewell" posts are not permitted on the forums,
this thread has been moved to Kaetetôã.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 18 September 2018 - 02:56 PM.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

[Redacted] Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 19 September 2018 - 12:19 AM.
unconstructive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users