Jump to content

Hot-Fix Scheduled For 19-Sep-2018


31 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

A Hot-Fix is scheduled to occur today, September 19th at 2:00PM PST (21:00 UTC), to address the following fixes:

  • Micro Laser Heat Scale warning message no longer contains debug text.
  • Escort game mode bug has been resolved and is now re-enabled.
  • The Incubus INC-5 'Mech now has the correct amount of 1 missile hardpoint on the right arm component instead of 2.
  • The Piranha Cipher PIR-CI 'Mech is now properly displayed in Select 'Mech screen if owned.
  • The Vulcan Bloodlust VL-BL 'Mech's in-game name is now properly displayed as Bloodlust instead of VL-BL.
Version 1.4.182.0
Patch Size: 8 MB


#2 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we're happy to have the fixes. :D

EDIT :: Please make sure to post a Patch Download Link!!! :wacko:

On the side, is there any chance we could please have 24 Extra Hours on the Weekend Warriors Event due to the interruptions that these downtimes are creating? :mellow:

~D. V. "Yay, Bug Fixes! Extra Event Time, Please?" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 September 2018 - 11:35 AM.


#3 tee5

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

Can we get any fixes for the crashing game, when I want to close a chat window, or make a double-click?

#4 zudukai

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

can we go just a little longer without escort please?

#5 Kaeseblock

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 251 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:12 PM

Just leave Escort disabled pls.

#6 Brembo

    Member

  • Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

Not a "hotfix".... You are removing the current event and don't know how to do it without taking the servers offline.

The game spends so much time down I'm beginning to think it's managed by EA.

#7 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

View Postzudukai, on 19 September 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

can we go just a little longer without escort please?

View PostKaeseblock, on 19 September 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Just leave Escort disabled pls.

And lose out on ALL of the Extra Damage and Component Destruction? Are you nuts? :P

~D. V. "There's so much worth getting from the VIP... I can't believe people forget that." Devnull

#8 Aldodrem

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Event Page -> Future Events [0]
Still no Incubus Challenge Event

#9 Mcgral18

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,955 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 September 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

  • Escort game mode bug has been resolved and is now re-enabled.



"I can't believe you've done this"


We were going to have a nice month without this trash mode...

#10 Anton Fetladral

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

It isn't only the tooltip that's bugged. The ghost heat for clan er micro lasers is still 10. It has not been changed to 14 properly in-game. I have not tested the pulse lasers. Hope you guys fix that soon as well.

#11 Buenaventura

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 252 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostAnton Fetladral, on 19 September 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

It isn't only the tooltip that's bugged. The ghost heat for clan er micro lasers is still 10. It has not been changed to 14 properly in-game. I have not tested the pulse lasers. Hope you guys fix that soon as well.

Uh, I think you got that wrong: The micro lasers were switched to the ghost heat ID 14, their ghost heat limit wasn't increased. They just don't share a group with small/medium lasers anymore.

#12 Acersecomic

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! You drop the servers in the middle of a match instead of just waiting for all the matches to end and block starting of new ones like the other normal games?! SERIOUSLY!?!!?!??!!?!?!
Ffs... what is wrong with you, PGI? You really have no shame.

Edited by Acersecomic, 19 September 2018 - 01:14 PM.


#13 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostAnton Fetladral, on 19 September 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

It isn't only the tooltip that's bugged. The ghost heat for clan er micro lasers is still 10. It has not been changed to 14 properly in-game. I have not tested the pulse lasers. Hope you guys fix that soon as well.

You do not read Patch Notes very well, do you? The "10" is the CORRECT number for how many you may fire before being penalized for shooting too many at one time, which happens to be an increase from "8" at previous. On the other hand, the "14" is a Numeric Identifier for the Group in which the Weapon is marked under for such penalization. *sigh* -_-



View PostAcersecomic, on 19 September 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! You drop the servers in the middle of a match instead of just waiting for all the matches to end and block starting of new ones like the other normal games?! SERIOUSLY!?!!?!??!!?!?!
Ffs... what is wrong with you, PGI? You really have no shame.

They have always done this for the more than 2.5 years that I've been here. At least when they do that, the Match in question does NOT count against your lifetime stats. :mellow:


~D. V. "Running afoul of confused people... Ugh!" Devnull

#14 McGoestator

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

first time loading in after patch: 246 missing mechs
it s not the first time ... pls repair....and repair the friendslist PLEASE
ty McG

#15 Snegtag

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:25 PM

Ok I normally play Via steam--it looks like it updated for the patch but won't start saying it need to update? Any ideas?

Ok 8th time is the charm it started--

Edited by Snegtag, 19 September 2018 - 01:37 PM.


#16 PPO Kuro

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 19 September 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! You drop the servers in the middle of a match instead of just waiting for all the matches to end and block starting of new ones like the other normal games?! SERIOUSLY!?!!?!??!!?!?!
Ffs... what is wrong with you, PGI? You really have no shame.


It's called reading. You got multiple warnings. There was a banner in the lower half of your screen stating that there was a hot-fix on the way (time indication). And there where messages at the start of the match in red letters.

I could even finish a match that started with only 5 minutes left Posted Image

View PostSnegtag, on 19 September 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ok I normally play Via steam--it looks like it updated for the patch but won't start saying it need to update? Any ideas?

Restart Steam if you haven't already.

Edited by PPO Kuro, 19 September 2018 - 01:27 PM.


#17 BumbaCLot

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 September 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we're happy to have the fixes. :D

EDIT :: Please make sure to post a Patch Download Link!!! :wacko:

On the side, is there any chance we could please have 24 Extra Hours on the Weekend Warriors Event due to the interruptions that these downtimes are creating? :mellow:

~D. V. "Yay, Bug Fixes! Extra Event Time, Please?" Devnull


I'm new here but do you do this literally every week?

#18 Aldodrem

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostSnegtag, on 19 September 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ok I normally play Via steam--it looks like it updated for the patch but won't start saying it need to update? Any ideas?

It is, restart your valve (12.5MB update on Valve)

Edited by Aldodrem, 19 September 2018 - 01:28 PM.


#19 PPO Kuro

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 19 September 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

I'm new here but do you do this literally every week?

If you mean hot-fixes after a patch? Well that's almost standard with PGI. Posted Image

#20 BumbaCLot

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostPPO Kuro, on 19 September 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

If you mean hot-fixes after a patch? Well that's almost standard with PGI. Posted Image

He's not daft, or well um yeah eh oh bye

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 September 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

You do not read Patch Notes very well, do you? The "10" is the CORRECT number for how many you may fire before being penalized for shooting too many at one time, which happens to be an increase from "8" at previous. On the other hand, the "14" is a Numeric Identifier for the Group in which the Weapon is marked under for such penalization. *sigh* Posted Image




They have always done this for the more than 2.5 years that I've been here. At least when they do that, the Match in question does NOT count against your lifetime stats. Posted Image


~D. V. "Running afoul of confused people... Ugh!" Devnull

Wow imagine someone reading something and disagreeing with it, even if they don't know what they are talking about.
What has this world come to.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users