How I Made My Summoner Work

4 replies to this topic

#1 timff8

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

Hey guys, working on my favorite mech and marrying it to how I play mediums. So I took the summoner and stripped the armor down to fit way too much gun on it:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...ae7477048bcdd38

The armor is low but I've stripped it from locations that all have structure bonuses, and the left arm has no weapons. Further I find that the center rarely gets cored on this guy due to how easy it is to spread damage to the side torsos.

These pods (as of now) give some really great bonuses in the form of -20% UAC jam, +20% Ballistic RoF, +5% UAC range, etc. That and the high E hardpoints I feel like I can hill peek really well at the beginning of the match and then brawl later on.

Tell me what you think?

Edited by timff8, 19 September 2018 - 06:19 PM.

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

I like it a lot! BUT, take the head down to 1 armor and use that armor elsewhere. The off center head on the summoner means you will basically never be headshot, I never have been... Also I'd go LBX20 instead to be a little better against lights personally, and add in the arm actuator on left side. But your actual build im sure has that.

#3 timff8

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:59 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 20 September 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

I like it a lot! BUT, take the head down to 1 armor and use that armor elsewhere. The off center head on the summoner means you will basically never be headshot, I never have been... Also I'd go LBX20 instead to be a little better against lights personally, and add in the arm actuator on left side. But your actual build im sure has that.

Thanks! I've run similar builds on a Huntsman so I'm glad to be able to port it over to the summoner now. I'll do that head armor swap, thanks for the advice. I do like the LB-20 but the ability to double tap Braaap for a 76-pt. alpha strike is too alluring to me honeslty.

#4 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:11 AM

I just tried this on Canyon... I died on a loss that was (at the time) 1-9, but got 313 damage. Not bad.

#5 timff8

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 20 September 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

I just tried this on Canyon... I died on a loss that was (at the time) 1-9, but got 313 damage. Not bad.

Thanks for giving it a shot!

In my experience Canyon Network and Viridian Bog are where this kind of build is the best. The terrain really lets you abuse your high mounts but you can get close enough to pop out your UAC to spray and then fade.

Edited by timff8, 20 September 2018 - 12:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users