4 replies to this topic

#1 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

Title, sounds odd, but let me expalin.

1) You pick a faction, I'm Liao, so I'll go with Liao for this.
2) You go to your personal campaign map.
3) You pick a planet to invade that you border, that would be Marik or Davion for me.
4) I play 7 quickplay games. If I win 4+ I take the planet, if I lose 4+ games my invasion fails
5) The computer then picks a random planet along my border to invade
6) I play 7 quickplay games. If I win 4+ I defend the planet, if I lose 4+ I lose the planet
7) Back to stage 3
8) Do this until you lose all your planets or you have conquered all other planets.

The beauty of this is its mostly there with quickplay and the faction map. A single player campaign might be a nice way of expanding the player base.

Anyway, it's only a suggestion. I'll leave the rest to PGI to work out if they like the idea.

Edited by Jyrox, 20 September 2018 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:36 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#3 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostThroe, on 20 September 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Nope. Sorry.

This need is already being met by the in-development MW5.

There are currently NO plans to continue any development of Player-vs-Environment gameplay within MWO proper.

That said, I like your suggestion, and would've preferred it over a standalone MW5 game. They've already got all the tools built in MWO to do what you're suggesting(and more), and the best part is that some of it can be offline play. I'm sure part of the reason they refuse to do so is that offline play can be hacked more easily, and that has historically opened up many games to game-breaking situations. By keeping the PvE and PvP games completely and utterly separate, they avoid the issue entirely.

YOU MADE ONE MASSIVE MISTAKE

YOUR REPLY IS NOT TO WHAT I SAID

(Sorry if you're smart, but most people don't seem to listen/read too well now-a-days)

I am not advocating pve, the system is pvp, try re-Reading what I said.

It's a small update requiring very litting coding.

The campaign I suggest is altered by Quickplay (could be faciton play too) wins vs losses.

It is directly tied to PvP.

Seriously, re-read and do not psychologically project.

THERE IS NO PVE INVOLVED IN THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN I SUGGEST AND OUTLINE.

Edited by Jyrox, 22 September 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#4 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#5 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:29 AM

View PostJyrox, on 20 September 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Title, sounds odd, but let me expalin.

1) You pick a faction, I'm Liao, so I'll go with Liao for this.
2) You go to your personal campaign map.
3) You pick a planet to invade that you border, that would be Marik or Davion for me.
4) I play 7 quickplay games. If I win 4+ I take the planet, if I lose 4+ games my invasion fails
5) The computer then picks a random planet along my border to invade
6) I play 7 quickplay games. If I win 4+ I defend the planet, if I lose 4+ I lose the planet
7) Back to stage 3
8) Do this until you lose all your planets or you have conquered all other planets.

The beauty of this is its mostly there with quickplay and the faction map. A single player campaign might be a nice way of expanding the player base.

Anyway, it's only a suggestion. I'll leave the rest to PGI to work out if they like the idea.

i like this idea.but i dont think piranha ever gonna release such an option.
I was pissed by the lack of some real progress in this game and made an offline campaign myself.
With txt documents for mechs / repairs / pilots / income / expenses / available mechs and the like.
Then i used "inner sphere interactive original" starmap where you see the whole inner sphere with all planets and factions.
This way i coud flip planets after 3 quickmatches with the help of the "planetdata.xml" file, altered with notepad.
What you see there is basically entrys like |aff1="DC"| this means aff1 is the timeline (there are around 7
ranging from 2750 to 3068) and the "DC" stands for the faction which occupies the planet at that moment
( DC stands for Draconis Combine).So when you fought your battle you can flip the planet by simply altering the entry behind the planetname in the planetdata.xml file, Lets say to "LC" (Lyran Commonwealth)
Its a pain in the *** but this way you get some meaning into the QP matches.You can expand rules and complexity to your liking only restricted by your imagination ;) (My pilots even get medals and promotions for kills, assists, survived missions :D)

My dream is someone makes a flashplayer frontend for such an campaign, since you can readout now match result screens
with the user.cfg.This way you coud an automated process for the calculations of income, expenses, pilot progression, mech damage etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users