Shorter Seasons For Shorter Attention Spans?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

Perhaps instead of 90 day seasons which give people plenty of time to lose interest, you should cut the seasons and prizes down to a weekly thing? Might be worth a try to see what happens.

#2 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostDionnsai, on 21 September 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Perhaps instead of 90 day seasons which give people plenty of time to lose interest, you should cut the seasons and prizes down to a weekly thing? Might be worth a try to see what happens.

Maybe 30 day seasons but I don't think it will help much Solaris is just a terrible game mode too short of battles that are unbalanced so bad because of all the mixing of chassis. Many have tried to help fix this game mode and all you get is ignored so why bother?

#3 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 21 September 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

Maybe 30 day seasons but I don't think it will help much Solaris is just a terrible game mode too short of battles that are unbalanced so bad because of all the mixing of chassis. Many have tried to help fix this game mode and all you get is ignored so why bother?

I still play and enjoy Solaris, I just find the 90 day seasons to be very excessive, I think many pilots secure their place and then stop playing until the next season. A faster turnover would definitely be more engaging. Also allows PGI to adjust the meta more rapidly.

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 21 September 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

I still play and enjoy Solaris, I just find the 90 day seasons to be very excessive, I think many pilots secure their place and then stop playing until the next season. A faster turnover would definitely be more engaging. Also allows PGI to adjust the meta more rapidly.

It doesn't help that the best rewards (outside of top 2) are for ranks 100-500, so if you play a lot of solaris and get top 10, you'll just have to throw more games to get decent rewards. They said it was an intentional design choice, but it is absolutely a terrible idea to keep the near-universally more desired GXP reward as a lower-tier reward instead of just letting the top 100 players get the same thing.

Really turned me off of solaris for this season, because I wonder how many games I'm gong to need to throw to actually get a decent reward.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 21 September 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

It doesn't help that the best rewards (outside of top 2) are for ranks 100-500, so if you play a lot of solaris and get top 10, you'll just have to throw more games to get decent rewards. They said it was an intentional design choice, but it is absolutely a terrible idea to keep the near-universally more desired GXP reward as a lower-tier reward instead of just letting the top 100 players get the same thing.

Really turned me off of solaris for this season, because I wonder how many games I'm gong to need to throw to actually get a decent reward.

Yeah, you have a point there, I'm going to try to stay in the 100-500 range in at least a few divisions for the fat GXP. Seems a little silly, the rewards should be stacked so that as you move up, you get the previous reward + a new reward.

Season 1 I was convinced that the GXP rewards had to be a typo.

Edited by Dionnsai, 22 September 2018 - 06:33 AM.

#6 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:02 AM

You are never going to see any regular population in solaris without sr matching limits.

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

Wait...there’s prizes? I thought it was just a game mode...

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 24 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Wait...there’s prizes? I thought it was just a game mode...

yup
https://mwomercs.com...solaris-rewards

#9 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 27 September 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

Ha well I can at least count on a few million in prize money...damn shame I’ve spent about 40,000,000 to play Solaris lol

Edited by Makenzie71, 27 September 2018 - 03:57 PM.

#10 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

The gxp awards are generally agreed to be the best awards, so the 101-500 range is where you want to be with most of your divisions.

#11 Minoxen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

I just recently returned and was sad to find 0 activity in the Solaris modes. I've actually never gotten to participate. Perhaps adding an in-game notification you can pop up with to notify potential opponents? *Division 5 Challenger awaiting battle click to join* So you don't sit in a que of 1 forever?

#12 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

12 ? Days left in season 2 ?, so they no trakhat'sya rewards ? Time to aim for rank 300 da.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users