*tumbleweed Crossing*

9 replies to this topic

#1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

it saddens me to see this mode doing so poorly. literally zero people playing it, whenever I try the last few days/weeks.

pls revamp your solaris-mode idea. and do it rather sooner than later.
the concept is SO great, the implementation is so.. not.

-separate the beginners from the vets, so the vets don't feel bad and the beginners enjoy this rather than being punching balls.
-rethink those pesky 7 divisions. we really need only 4+1. maybe add "handicaps" where needed.
-events just for this mode.
-profit?!

this mode needs some life - somebody go and get the defibrillator Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 24 September 2018 - 02:19 PM.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:26 AM

There's just no population to separate... Like, beginners and vets *shouldn't* get matched up because of the ELO system, but obviously it breaks if there are only 2 people in the queue. They need to make it a single queue instead of 7, maybe to queue across all 7 divisions at once and give you a best-fit match between them, and they need to add a 2v2 mode where you get a random partner. They also need to normalize the prizes for end of season, and ensure the top 100 players don't get worse rewards than the top 500 players, to encourage people to actually want to play enough to be in the top 100.

All of that would require development resources that PGI either doesn't have or is unwilling to allocate though, and I'd rather see them try to improve Faction Play first, because it actually has people playing it, despite PGI's attempts to kill it or ignore it.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 26 September 2018 - 06:26 AM.

#3 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 24 September 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

it saddens me to see this mode doing so poorly.

the concept is SO great, the implementation is so.. not. :( :( :(

-rethink those 14 divisions. we really need only 4+1. <= FREE FOR ALL!!!!! Figure it out, GET IT DONE!!!
Assault/Heavy/Medium/Light + Free for all . Done. Not balanced, oh well. At least it would have had a chance.

-events just for this mode.

-profit?!

#4 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

Sol 7 was dead before it arrived; just the fact it hadn't realised it had already passed on to the great mech scrap yard in the sky.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:03 AM

Solaris was never a part with great interest by the BATTLETECH community ...epic great battles and combined arms was battletech ...not Arenawarrior and personal killcounts

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

If they had been able to implement a free for all mode. I bet that would actually get more people to play it. But as it is. It's just too many divisions. With each one dominated by a meta or two. By it's nature it is competitive so it won't attract casual players. And the people interested are divided across the 7 divisions and forced to take long queues which will bleed their interest away.

It's not like they can just throw everything together into the same queue. Perhaps they could divide them just by weight class. But that still won't change the fact only certain mechs will dominate. Which makes the gameplay stagnate and boring. What if they outlawed certain weapons for a season? Or limited how many of a particular weapon could be brought? In any case it needs a rework. Otherwise it's just going to stay stagnate.

#7 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

Is "I told you so." Appropriate?

#8 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

I want to play Solaris. There is noone...

Two days ago I stumble upon 2 other people in Division 1 (Annihilators!). The others were empty. I could play a few matches, and that's it.

So the advices from my gamer colleages are right. In MW4 you had Solaris 7 Arena. Bring back that. All vs all in an 8 group i.e. Reduce or reshape those Divisions.

Edited by Tonxabar, 26 September 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#9 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

I can't speak for others, but for me:-
1. Reward is too low, I can get more c-bill in QP match. I have no interested to low reward matches.
2. Lack of comparable mech choices, always the same few mechs dominated the arena, fight the same mechs over and over, started to get old.

Penang

#10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:22 AM

guys, you're right. with all of the above. and I also "told you" that when s7 was implemented, should still be in the forums ;)
but: not the point.

point is: the mode is here, damage has been done (read: it's dead, jim). now how to fix it.
and I too am for fixing fw first, but again: not the point.

we got this mode, and I'd like to use it to have some fun brawls instead of counting those tumbleweeds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users