#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Movie: Solo (Star Wars)

Han Solo escapes from his home world, leaving his first love behind, and finds himself employed by the empire as a common trooper. During a battle he meets up with some rouges who spin his life in all directions, including an encounter with Chewie, a off bit droid, and a hustler who is the proud owner of the famed Falcon.

Plot twists and a surprise appearance of "Maul" complete with a double bladed lightsaber. Short fight scenes yet plenty of action for those who love the story line. Goes a touch off cannnon on how he meets Chewie, however the movie is still well done. Never know who's on what side in this one until the end....or so you think. Nicely done. Suitable for most family members. Some violence, a couple scary events, and a hint of suggestive content.

#2 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, I liked it enough. It was about 1000% better than that joke of a movie the Rian Johnson directed. That was hideous garbage. The sad thing is, that after that movie, nobody wanted to see another star wars movie. so Solo Tanked... even though it was a pretty good movie. I mean, I don't think that you can go wrong with ron howard.... the guy just knows what he is doing. Rian Johnson is a talentless hack though. His movie literally made half of the die-hard, star wars fans since birth just quit the whole Genre. I didnt see Solo in the theaters because after that movie I was just so pissed, I quit. I watched it on a recent flight to Germany though, and was pleasantly surprised. Its a shame that the failings of The last Jedi were felt by Solo. Just wait until His next movie comes out though, then maybe Disney will get the picture... about 5 years too late.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:04 PM

of the new star wars films, i think the only one that was any good was rouge one.

#4 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:37 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 September 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

of the new star wars films, i think the only one that was any good was rouge one.

I only logged in to "like" and "quote for truth".

#5 Pheydra Sagan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

I wonder if the reason that a lot of the older long-term fans of Star Wars don't like the new movies is that the new movies were not for them?

#6 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

Well, I do not think it depends on the target audience. The movies are just utter garbage, carbon copies of the original movies and they fail at that, too, so that I feel my brain is insulted whenever I force my eyes to watch TFA/TLJ. ROTJ is...meh...as well, by the way.
As I said in the TFA thread, I am happy with my old X-Wing and TIE-Fighter games. That is all the Star Wars you will ever need.

#7 Pheydra Sagan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 28 September 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Well, I do not think it depends on the target audience. The movies are just utter garbage, carbon copies of the original movies and they fail at that, too,

I don't think we watched the same movies then.

#8 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Maybe add “Spoilers” into the title? Just a suggestion...

#9 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 27 September 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

I only logged in to "like" and "quote for truth".

not familiar with Rouge One so I had to go look for the trailer

what's it about ?

#10 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostPheydra Sagan, on 28 September 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

I don't think we watched the same movies then.

Ok, I should have been more precise: they are bad Star Wars movies. As common Sci-Fi-flics, they may be good. Or not:

TFA: go watch A New Hope, take notes on the plot and watch TFA after. Carbon copy. Fun to watch but done better in 1977.
Good sci-fi with Star Wars flair but too much rehash.

TLJ:
Spoiler
at least Kylo is a bit more of a villain and not so much of a goth girl. Still way too many insults. Even Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus is not that bad imho.

#11 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:47 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 26 September 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Yeah, I liked it enough. It was about 1000% better than that joke of a movie the Rian Johnson directed. That was hideous garbage. The sad thing is, that after that movie, nobody wanted to see another star wars movie. so Solo Tanked... even though it was a pretty good movie. I mean, I don't think that you can go wrong with ron howard.... the guy just knows what he is doing. Rian Johnson is a talentless hack though. His movie literally made half of the die-hard, star wars fans since birth just quit the whole Genre. I didnt see Solo in the theaters because after that movie I was just so pissed, I quit. I watched it on a recent flight to Germany though, and was pleasantly surprised. Its a shame that the failings of The last Jedi were felt by Solo. Just wait until His next movie comes out though, then maybe Disney will get the picture... about 5 years too late.

Same sentiments here.

#12 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:03 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 28 September 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

not familiar with Rouge One so I had to go look for the trailer

what's it about ?

Rogue One
Spoiler
For Star Wars it is a very dark and mature movie.

Edited by latinisator, 29 September 2018 - 03:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users