#1 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

I love the look of the Incubus, but in some ways this a limited Light Mech compared to others. No Jump Jets, no MASC, no ECM.

I've found my best build is on the Incubus -1. Maxing out armor and mobility gives you a very fast flanker. Currently running 4 SPL, and 4 MG

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

I've had fair success with 3xHML, 4xLMG, light active probe and XL285 engine in my INC-1.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#3 BlakLanner

• Pip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

My Incubus loadouts:

INC-1: 4 HML, 4 MG
INC-2: PPC, 2 uPL, 5 MG
INC-4: 7 HSL
INC-SA: 2 ERLL (No better ideas)

I couldn't really do anything unique with the 3 and 5.

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:24 AM

Fun to see the Incubus come up again- this 'Mech never got much love, did it? It's too bad... most of the things it can do (MG+laser and laser+SRM strikers, mostly), other Clan lights already did better... but it does have one special little trick that not even the Cougar or Adder can pull off:

Boomcubus.

It might look silly, but then you think about it for a second and realize that the KFX, ADR, and COU are all just as slow or slower, and they're viable enough with big guns despite some pretty harsh crit restrictions on their omnipods (the KFX can take at most a 4-slot UAC10 in its RT; the ADR and COU can run torso ballistics on their respective hero pods, but only up to LB10X on either side... and the COU can't do LB20X at all, even in its arms). The INC uses Battlemech construction rules, so you get cockpit-level, top-of-'Mech high UAC20, LB20X, or Gauss. Because of its oodles of high mounts, plus the freedom to re-engine and use its slots however it needs to, it actually works pretty damned well as a slower light despite being capable of running much faster.

The INC makes a pretty competent little ERPPC or laservomit peeker (especially since the heat rework went in and eliminated the dissipation issues with sub-250 engines)- at least as good as the Purifier or COU-E.

Or you can run micro-dakka... which is something the ADR and COU heroes can also do well enough, if you're into ballistic lights, but having both mounts on the same side means you can expose just your cockpit and that one shoulder. That isn't much for the enemy to shoot back at, so your micro-dakka build can get away with a little bit more before you need to hide and reposition.

I haven't really run normal builds with mine- at least, not since it came out, anyway. It's way more fun if you get a little creative.

#5 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:21 AM

INC-1 can easily go 137km/h and run 4 heavy medium lasers and 4 machineguns with AMS.
I'd also suggest you give the INC-3 a try with 2 heavy medium lasers, 4 machine guns and 2 streak SRM2, also can carry AMS, Light Active Probe and Targeting Computer. Other lights are really afraid of streaks in any form haha, and with 132 km/h they won't get to run away.

#6 Valyknir

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAt the mech store, making poor life choices.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:09 PM

INC-1

My baby. Runs hot, but is quite fun. Tweaks as you see fit. ;)

#7 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 01 February 2019 - 01:24 AM, said:

It might look silly, but then you think about it for a second and realize that the KFX, ADR, and COU are all just as slow or slower, and they're viable enough with big guns despite some pretty harsh crit restrictions on their omnipods (the KFX can take at most a 4-slot UAC10 in its RT; the ADR and COU can run torso ballistics on their respective hero pods, but only up to LB10X on either side... and the COU can't do LB20X at all, even in its arms). The INC uses Battlemech construction rules, so you get cockpit-level, top-of-'Mech high UAC20, LB20X, or Gauss. Because of its oodles of high mounts, plus the freedom to re-engine and use its slots however it needs to, it actually works pretty damned well as a slower light despite being capable of running much faster.

I haven't really run normal builds with mine- at least, not since it came out, anyway. It's way more fun if you get a little creative.

I picked up the INC-SA when the loyalty choices were made available, and wasn't sure what to do with it until the Clan gauss damage challenge popped up in the Deadly Accurate event. So, I took a smaller Clan XL engine I had lying about, stuffed a gauss rifle in the right torso, and sped around at about 120 kph looking for unsuspecting targets. The high mounts are perfect! It was great fun, actually, and has definitely encouraged me to have more fun with some less-than-meta builds on this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users