Seismic Range?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

What's the maximum seismic range? I just had someone narc'ed follow my movements when I'm out of line of sight from about 100 meters away. Basically playing ring around the rosy in the jungle...running around one of the mountains every time I changed direction he changed direction. He was also moving the whole time.

I thought seismic range was pretty limited and that you had to be still for it to register an enemy...am I mistaken? Are there other sensor tweaks that allow that kind of out of sight tracking? I wasn't narc'ed.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Around 200m, I forget as I don't really use it.

That said if it was light/med mechs you can accel/decell much faster to easily see a quick seismic blip.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

no he was in an assault. I was in an ACH. I was more than 200m out and he was still able to track me like I was always in line of sight. He was able to do it on other maps from nearly 1000m away. No aiming, he's already always pointing at the right spot when he comes out.

#4 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:42 AM

are you referring to me? I don,t use seismic in my Sliepnir. I just guessed which way you were going to go, and I'm a good shot. The maps are fairly limited, lots of exactly mirror images, so it didn't take me long to learn what people are most likely to do.

By the way, there was a game last night against you Arctic Wolf where you were kiting me around, and I have to say, you were so close to running me out of ammo...I was so nervous. UAC 10s were dry, and i only had 18 rounds of UAC 5 left.

Also its a Cyclopse with that nifty-neeto command console, so that holds lock for a second more to give me the general idea of where things run off to.

Edited by Mightyrant, 27 September 2018 - 07:06 AM.

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

And that's why I like Radar Deprivation even on my ECM lights.

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 26 September 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I thought seismic range was pretty limited and that you had to be still for it to register an enemy...am I mistaken? Are there other sensor tweaks that allow that kind of out of sight tracking? I wasn't narc'ed.
You can hear your enemy's footsteps .
Also, Target Decay keeps an enemy on your radar for longer if you lose LOS.

Edited by Horseman, 27 September 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 September 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

You can hear your enemy's footsteps .
Also, Target Decay keeps an enemy on your radar for longer if you lose LOS.

You can’t hear footsteps from across the map and decay doesn’t hold up long enough to run around the mountain a couple of times.

It’s fine, however. I’ve forwarded the videos to the mod team and they can decide. I’ve never used seismic and just wanted to make sure I understood it before getting the mods involved.

#8 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

We can try again later if you like :D

No hax, just intuition.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 27 September 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

You can’t hear footsteps from across the map
100m is hardly "across the map".

#10 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Oh, also it’s worth noting, on the jungle your arm was smoking. I ran at you, you popped out on my approach a few times to throw some lrms, then when I got close, I stopped seeing your smoke around the corner. I figured you wanted to put distance between us, so you were trying to run out the back, around the edge of the map to the other side. So I altered my course so that I would be able to take some pot shots at you while you crossed over. I was correct in my evaluation of the situation, and I plonked a few shots off. It wasn’t that I could track you behind the rock, I just made an educated guess about where you were headed and ended up being correct.

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 27 September 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

You can’t hear footsteps from across the map and decay doesn’t hold up long enough to run around the mountain a couple of times.

It’s fine, however. I’ve forwarded the videos to the mod team and they can decide. I’ve never used seismic and just wanted to make sure I understood it before getting the mods involved.

So it was Mightrant you were playing? Sounds like it.

If so it is absolutely laughable. If you think he is hacking and you are sending in videos... Lol. You were absolutely being out played. No more simple or difficult than that

No need to cry hacks... That's just low and honestly, pretty pathetic.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 September 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

So it was Mightrant you were playing? Sounds like it.

If so it is absolutely laughable. If you think he is hacking and you are sending in videos... Lol. You were absolutely being out played. No more simple or difficult than that

No need to cry hacks... That's just low and honestly, pretty pathetic.

I haven’t named the player, and I’m not going to. You can think whatever you want about the matter and hold in your hands all the sleep I’ll have lost over your good opinion.

I consider the matter settled.

#13 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

So it is Mighty and you're just being out played.

Confirmed sore loser.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

LOL. Mighty practices 1vs1s with Bowser, you just got rekted is all.

#15 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:10 PM

HI Vx!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users