Good Builds For The Assassin 27

4 replies to this topic

#1 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:55 AM

G’day all, I picked up the ASN-27 in the last sale, and i’m looking for some good builds at the moment. I’m starting to think I might have chosen the wrong assassin model, as I bought it for the ECM and stealth options, but just can’t seem to make a build that makes the tonnage worth it. After finding it doesn't have the speed or a cool enough build to make Stealth remotely worth it, I dropped that, and I keep looking at the 1.5 tons of ECM and wondering if I wouldn't be better off with larger SRMs or more JJs.

I’m currently running it with a couple of SRM4s, 3 pulse lasers, and a couple of jump jets (can’t remember the engine used sorry). What builds do you find work for you for the 27, and are there better variants in your mind that would work better?

Edited by Maddermax, 02 October 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#2 Garrek316

• Pip
  • General
  • General
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:21 AM

I think I run mine with 2 SRM6, 3 medium laser, XL300 and it runs ok.

But yes, it's far from being the best Assassin variant. If you are looking for that you should aim for the 21 with 4 SRM4 or the 23 with 3 SRM6 + Artemis.

#3 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:59 AM

Naturally ASN with more missile hardpoints are the better brawlers, so I'd probably go for something different.

I just fiddled around with it and came out with this ASN-27 - XL280, Stealth, MRM40.
You could drop stealth armor or the laser for more ammo or drop the MRM to 30 and up the engine to 300. There are a lot of small options. But all in all it could become a decent to good harasser if you know how to get around maps unseen.

Edited by Brethren, 02 October 2018 - 05:02 AM.

#4 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. MRM 40 assassin could be interesting, but I'm really terrible aiming those things. Perhaps I'll give it a go, and see if I can get better with the sand blaster, and if it doesn't feel right, see about the 2xSRM6 option.

One thing I'll say for the assassin though - with a max engine and max jump jets, it makes an excellent mech to explore maps with, top to bottom. So fun running around with that set up on training grounds - I'd never take it to a match because you have zero weight for weapons, but leaping from building to building like superman is kind of joyous :)

#5 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:46 AM

I run mine like this - https://mwo.smurfy-n...2b0564c3b7b1b9c

3 small pulse, 3 artemis SRM 6, stealth armor, XL280 engine. After speed tweak it goes 121 KPH, so it's fast enough, and the stealth can get you in and out of trouble more often than you'd think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users