4 replies to this topic

#1 TrooperManiac

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDirty Jersey

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:01 AM

Ive actually played this game before a few years ago but I haven't touched it since probably the first updates that were made to the game. I want to get back and create a really good dakka build but I dont know where to start anymore. Can anyone help make suggestions to what type of mechs and possible part combinations I should buy?

I am thinking about autocannons but machine guns are also cool.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

Assuming you don't want to spend money -

BSW-X1 - 3x RAC 2, fun inner sphere mech. It's pretty enjoyable to play, gattling guns raining death on the enemy.
MAL-MX90 - 6x AC 2, great long range suppression fire, does great damage if the enemy lets you hit them with a few salvos.
ANH-2A - 6x AC 2, or 2x UAC10 + 2x UAC5 - Does the same build as the MX90, or can do 4 ultra autocannons for some serious Dakka fun.

HBK-IIC - 4x UAC2, good medium with range and fun dakka.
MCII-B - 2x UAC10 + 2x UAC5, same as the Annihilator, but with more mobility and arm mounted weapons.
KDK-3 - 4x AC10, good damage, a lot of fun, but handles like a truck and spreads damage a bit because of multiple pellets.

#3 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

I agree with everything Eisenhorne wrote.

Also, the BSW-X2 lends itself to quite a nice 2x Rac5 build, with 2 MLs.
Also the Shadowhawk 2H works quite nicely with 3 x RAC2, if you manage to take care of your side torso.
And last but not least, HBK IIC C can do a 2x UAC10 and 2ML build quite well. It is fairly squishy, though, and does not quite get the damage output of the standard IIC variant.

***EDIT: If you are looking for exact builds, check YouTube for MoltenMetal and then the name of the Mech. Baradul showcases most of these builds, shows his exact builds and what skills he uses and why. His video's are a great resource.***

Edited by Darakor Stormwind, 05 October 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#4 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

Looking at the sales, you could try the Rifleman 3C - one of my favourites, with 2xAC10s and a couple of medium lasers. Not mega-Dakka, but it slowly and steadily blasts out damage at most ranges, near 600m on the AC10s means you can engage at up to 900m and still do good damage, but they’re cool enough and fast firing enough that you can brawl well with them (supporting friends, it doesn’t have the armour to brawl alone) with time to torso twist between shots. I think the Rifleman 3N can also do the same build, just depends which quirks you like.

The Warhammer 6R is also on sale - I use mine with 2xLBX10, and 4 medium lasers. Brilliant little brawler, Lasers add some nice pinpoint, LBX allows you to sustain fights in hot environments, just remember to take some torso speed nodes to aid twisting in the skill tree (there’s a few on the top left of the mobility tree for minimal investment).

I think the Marauder 3R also on special comes with 3 torso ballistic points - I’ve seen people do 3xAC5 or 2xRac5 pretty successfully for Dakka. The Kodiak is also on special I think, and the KDK-3 is a great Dakka assault, as mentioned by Eisenhorn above.

All good sale mechs for Dakka builds.

Edited by Maddermax, 05 October 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#5 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:59 AM

The Marauder 3R and 5M are quite nice as far as mixed builds go. I have a 3R and use 2 LBX10 with 4ML to good success. I like the fact that the LBXs are in high shoulder mounts and ice cold, so even when at maximum heat, you can just keep firing. Kinda like the Shadowhawk 2H, if you lose the wrong side torso you are done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users