- - - - -

I Do Not Understand The Package Sales...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

Maybe I am missing something, but what is the point in buying the collectors package of any Mech and getting one of the Mechs in there twice, one normal one and one with 25% C-Bill bonus?

If I were to buy the Phoenix Hawk Collectors pack, I would get a PHX-1 and a PHX-1 (S). No difference, except that the S version give the C-Bill bonus. Why would I ever play the normal one instead the special version? Same goes for the Bushwacker pack, etc.

What do other people do with the duplicate Mech?

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:18 AM

The collector's pack gives you a fourth mech (an 'S' variant mech with a 30% c-bill boost, akin to a hero but with the loadout of the standard variant) an extra 30 days of premium time, and six extra cockpit items.

I have several 'S' variants and what I'll usually do is have my 'S' variant as my primary version and the base version as an alternate version. It might have a different loadout and/or different skill nodes, it's just an alternate mech with an alternate build even though it has the same hardpoints as another of my mechs but set up so I don't have to fiddle around with weapons, engines, and skill nodes to play a different build on what's essentially the same mech minus the c-bill boost.

If you want you can also sell the standard variant to open up a mechbay and get you some extra c-bills, but I don't need c-bills and I have extra mechbays.

Edited by Ruccus, 06 October 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#3 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

I buy the S versions when a mech std version fits good for me with speed, possible loadouts and survivalbility like the Whammy or Marauder.
Both are very fine mechs, so i buyed the S versions from Both to get more C bills with my "working horses" it´s a nice goody to have

#4 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:45 AM

You'll get a dublicate 'mech with c-bills buff, a mechbay, 10 bucks worth of premium time and each one more title and badge to feel special about yourself.

Oh, and you'll get more cockpit bling bling.. because.. cockpit bling bling u'know...

Edited by Kunato Developments, 06 October 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#5 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, but considering that you can now save builds and Skills and it does not cost anything anymore to switch back and forth I am still baffled why you would need the same Mech twice now, unless it is for some faction war drop deck or something...

I would be perfectly happy to pay PGI 20 bucks for just the Bushwacker special Mech and the corresponding Mech Bay. Don't need anything else from that pack.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

Drop decks and completionism are the only reason I can think of for the new 'mechs per se - however, some people really like the bling (or want the annual loyalty rewards.)

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 06 October 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Maybe I am missing something, but what is the point in buying the collectors package of any Mech and getting one of the Mechs in there twice, one normal one and one with 25% C-Bill bonus?

If I were to buy the Phoenix Hawk Collectors pack, I would get a PHX-1 and a PHX-1 (S). No difference, except that the S version give the C-Bill bonus. Why would I ever play the normal one instead the special version? Same goes for the Bushwacker pack, etc.

What do other people do with the duplicate Mech?

Sell it or give it a different loadout and skill tree setup.

As an example, I have a Hunchback 4P and a Hunchback 4P(S) and both are skill treed out to be very different. For example one is significantly faster than the other one with better acceleration and mobility and geared with smaller weapons and high armor. The other isn't so fast but it has better heat management and significantly superior firing rates.

#8 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 06 October 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

I would be perfectly happy to pay PGI 20 bucks for just the Bushwacker special Mech and the corresponding Mech Bay. Don't need anything else from that pack.

Everyone would, and that's why we can't.

I suppose the only unique part is the paint pattern.

Edited by Roughneck45, 07 October 2018 - 08:25 AM.

#9 Valas

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

You can always strip the spare mech for extra parts too. Extra engine, weapons, etc, you don't have to purchase to fit on something else later.

Edited by Valas, 08 October 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#10 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

Most important reason to give lots of options is to shift customers focus away from buy/not buy to which one shold I buy. Cheapskates like me buy MC on sale and buy heros and bays on sale. C bills from playing esp during lootbag events with free premium time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users