Best 'mechs In The Current Sale

6 replies to this topic

#1 Marty Monster

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

Hi

I am looking for opinions on which mechs are best to buy in the current sale.

i.e. the mechs in the fall harvest event

C bills only

Thanks MM

Edited by Marty Monster, 07 October 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#2 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:54 AM

Marauder MAD-3R, Warhammer WHM-6R - very good mechs, pretty safe picks.

There are other good mechs on sale too, like: Marauder IIC, Hunchback IIC, Orion IIC, Highlander IIC, Rifleman - but these are not "safe", some people like those, some don't.

I'm personally a huge fan of Viper, but I can't recommend it to anybody who is not a die-hard light mech veteran.

Edited by tutzdes, 07 October 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#3 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hunchback IIC and IIC C are quite good Mechs, too, if a tad squishy.

But yeah, Warhammers and Marauders are probably the best of the lot.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:00 AM

50, 55, 75 tons are the easiest to get into for pretty much everybody.

Those are the high ends of medium and the highest end of heavy respectively.

What works best really depends on how you like to play.

#5 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

I'd definitely recommend the RIfleman 3C if you want some nice mid-range damage and peeking mech. 3N is also good, depending on which quirk set you like, but don't underestimate dual AC10s with 600m range - it can be very powerful if you don't mind doing slow and steady damage.

The Warhammer 6R is versatile, and works brilliantly as a brawler - I have mine set up with 2xLBX 10s, 4xMedium Lasers to be a coolish DPS monster.

Hunchback IIC is a very squishy but versatile mech. I only just got the ballistic one, trying it out with dual LBX10s and lasers, but might try it with LBX-20 for pop-tarting - we'll see how it goes, but it feels fun to play. Or if you want a missile boat, you can take the missile one, and run 4x LRM15-Artemis, with a tag or backup lasers. I'd say it could probably do ATMs pretty well as well, as it can get a decent speed.

And you could try the Kodiak-3 if you just want a Dakka assault - can do 4xLBX10s or 4x Clan Gauss Rifles (you can only fire them in pairs), or some nice UAC combinations. Depends on what you're looking for.

#6 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:15 PM

Assaults : Mad Cat MKII, Blood Asp, Cyclops, Marauder IIC, Kodiak (They are all good, the choice is a matter of taste)

Heavy : Warhammer, Marauder, Hellbringer (Power/Toughness/Versatility, Hellbringer will always be good thanks to his ECM and loadout versatility)

Medium : Bushwacker, Hunchback IIC (Bush is tough & versatile while Hunch is a versatile powerhouse)

Light : Locust, Wolfhound, Arctic Cheetah, Pirhanna

(Not all of them are in sale, but you have a nice list to help tho)

Edited by Veolfen, 13 October 2018 - 10:59 PM.

#7 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

Also, watch out for the Crab. It is not currently on sale, but can take significant amounts of damage, despite the mediocre damage output. It allows you do live long enough to rack up some quite decent scores.

Crab 27 for double AMS protection, Crab 27B if you feel that AMS is for wimps. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users