34 replies to this topic

#21 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:30 AM

View PostAlienized, on 13 October 2018 - 02:23 AM, said:

(which im not, i just count on players that dont know how to fight my loadouts lol.)
some examples: nighstar with 2 uac5, 3 light ppc's, 2 er med lasers.
highlander with uac20, snub nose ppc'S and rocket launchers. (d'oh....heat! they still struggle from engine cap....)
zeus with heavy ppc's + mrm40.

I know: just ignore this useless mechs and report for asisting the enemy.

#22 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:33 AM

View PostPelmeshek, on 13 October 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

I know: just ignore this useless mechs and report for asisting the enemy.

it aint useless in pug/group mate, it just aint^^ in comp i agree, it might be but i really dont play comp. thats why i said this is pure solo/group queue where even that mech can shine.

you should be good enough to make it work, arent you? i surely can say im definetly not your skill level, just used to play different Posted Image but thats what you comp guys need to understand, you would be good and win anyway while not completely stomp casuals and drive em away because THEY dont have fun, just like you dont have fun having no enemies lol.

Edited by Alienized, 13 October 2018 - 02:34 AM.

#23 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

View PostAlienized, on 13 October 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

it aint useless in pug/group mate

It is. Just as s..ty car is useless in racing. It can get to a fininsh, but cant get give you a win.

Ok, your logic is that placing Michael Schumacher in an old garbage should be a winning strategy for a race anyways? Hes a champ, you know?

Michael Schumacher can win in an old garbage if opponents use the same (suddenly no "beer league" at top list), but that doesnt mean that it is a top level competition.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 13 October 2018 - 02:57 PM.

#24 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

guys. i bloody said TWO TIMES those things ARE NOT FOR COMP.
TWO times. is it that hard to understand for you?
ITS FOR SOLO stuff. group stuff.
shall i screenshot battles everytime i go out in one of my "useless" mechs and beat your guys in solo/group queue now until you understand that those mechs are not BAD, its DIFFERENT to play from your usual stuff. that is the thing you have to get in your head.

playing good with top mechs in meta loadouts is one thing, playing top level with **** mechs consistently is something different.

so a real question here: are you scared to get bad results while trying stuff out that doesnt work instantly?
you seem to think that way.

#25 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

View PostAlienized, on 13 October 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

shall i screenshot battles everytime i go out in one of my "useless" mechs and beat your guys in solo/group queue now until you understand that those mechs are not BAD, its DIFFERENT to play from your usual stuff. that is the thing you have to get in your head.

playing good with top mechs in meta loadouts is one thing, playing top level with **** mechs consistently is something different.

so a real question here: are you scared to get bad results while trying stuff out that doesnt work instantly?

I would like to see these screenshots, certain members on my team like messing with unconventional mechs

#26 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:50 PM

"F" indeed.

#27 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

View PostVxheous, on 13 October 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

I would like to see these screenshots, certain members on my team like messing with unconventional mechs

see, the one thing i like to point out is that this aint a RJF only thing, its a whole competition scene problem.
as i said, i know my strengths and weaknesses, respect those guys alot and im surely not as good as volkadov and pelmeshek if i would be in a competitive tournament. but thats just not how i play, i am bored by the comp gameplay. (my aim and reflexes arent good enough either).
BUT i surely know i can hold my own even with bad mechs in the solo and group queue with pugs around.
they know it, i know it as we met many times on the field.

the next thing is, too many times you see the best players, the comp guys, sitting in the back of the group using everyone as shield for themselves. thats not how you should be playing! it just aint!
you are the best players we supposedly have and you gotta lead by example.

Edited by Alienized, 14 October 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#28 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:01 AM

View PostAlienized, on 14 October 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

the next thing is, too many times you see the best players, the comp guys, sitting in the back of the group using everyone as shield for themselves. thats not how you should be playing! it just aint!

Would be great to see any evidence video of top players hiding behind a lines ). The thing is to achieve high score in a match you shall always be on a contact with the enemy, always heated, always applying your DPS. If any would stay behind he just wont have a time to get enough damage for high scores. And MS leaderbord farming is that most of comp players do ). So you wont ever see players with high scores staying behind the lines, its usually opposite - they are engaging all the time.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 14 October 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#29 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostAlienized, on 14 October 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

see, the one thing i like to point out is that this aint a RJF only thing, its a whole competition scene problem.
as i said, i know my strengths and weaknesses, respect those guys alot and im surely not as good as volkadov and pelmeshek if i would be in a competitive tournament. but thats just not how i play, i am bored by the comp gameplay. (my aim and reflexes arent good enough either).
BUT i surely know i can hold my own even with bad mechs in the solo and group queue with pugs around.
they know it, i know it as we met many times on the field.

I'm still waiting for those screenshots, I would really like to play with some unconventional but usable mechs. I don't think anyone on my team actually cares about their stats (Jarl's list or otherwise). Being on EmpyreaL typically speaks for itself.

Edited by Vxheous, 14 October 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#30 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:31 AM

volko sadly that is only halfway true as there are many that stay behind the lines, fighting yes but not even trying to share armor or lead a push/charge even when its needed. it's like a hiding behind teammates. especially with assaults and heavies you see that many many times.

Vxheous, EmP are special (in a good way) :> everyone knows that :)
as for screenshots its always the problem with name and shame and such or getting called out for bragging while theres no intention of that since im just failing as much and do terrible as much as i play well with the mechs i use, nature of the loadouts.
they need a working team, are no mechs that you can plug in and play well.

Just as example: DRG-1c with lbx10, 4 mlas and srm6. used that to chase stormcrows in early stages of the game lol. worked as well :D (sidenote, one scr dude said dragons need to be nerfed because they are OP. giggled a bit.)

Posted Image

#31 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostAlienized, on 14 October 2018 - 03:31 AM, said:

volko sadly that is only halfway true as there are many that stay behind the lines, fighting yes but not even trying to share armor or lead a push/charge even when its needed. it's like a hiding behind teammates. especially with assaults and heavies you see that many many times.

And who determines that its "needed"? Supporting stupid pushes as long as waiting with "slow(thinking)" assaults doesnt lead you to victories. In fact the stats WLR shows easily whos doing correctly on a battlefield. If you influence for team victories - you're doing generally ok. When i see a good oportunity to push i do, when i see that some potatoes going to go directly on enemy firing line - i wont support them off course because thats just a kind of suicide. Or you think that any potatoe or two pushing is the reason to follow them? )

This would work much better in fact if matchmaker would work in this game. Half of a problem is that you cannot rely on your teammates because most of them just cannot take/put any damage and just die with 100-200dmg without any use. So to get your victories your must more rely on your own ability to kill/position than for others. And its getting only worse while good players leaving this game.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 14 October 2018 - 04:20 AM.

#32 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 14 October 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

And who determines that its "needed"? Supporting stupid pushes as long as waiting with "slow(thinking)" assaults doesnt lead you to victories. In fact the stats WLR shows easily whos doing correctly on a battlefield. If you influence for team victories - you're doing generally ok. When i see a good oportunity to push i do, when i see that some potatoes going to go directly on enemy firing line - i wont support them off course because thats just a kind of suicide. Or you think that any potatoe or two pushing is the reason to follow them? )

This would work much better in fact if matchmaker would work in this game. Half of a problem is that you cannot rely on your teammates because most of them just cannot take/put any damage and just die with 100-200dmg without any use. So to get your victories your must more rely on your own ability to kill/position than for others. And its getting only worse while good players leaving this game.

volko you are taking this too personal, im not talking about you or RJF in that matter :) and i can totally agree with you on most.
i keep talking and trying to tell people how to get better results on the battles itself as well, no one but us can teach the players to get better.
its frustrating to say at least since you are getting back so much bs from the not as good players.

but the MM and all that cant figure out personal playstyle, just the numbers.
thats why i wont blame PGI on not beeing able to put a decent mm out there. way too many things cant be measured that a good player does on the field yet are more important than dmg and kills. good luck finding a MM that will include that :)
i can remember a game in group queue where i literally done nothing but run and cap/decap, ended with 0 dmg but made a win possible in the end at 750/747 resources. no mm or stat will show that.

its up to us dealing with it but what choice do we have? leave a game we actually like?

WLR also doesnt show easily who is doin correctly, had way too many games where people just ran off all directions suiciding without me having a chance to fix any of that. getting into the fight already 3 mechs down is just ugh and most likely a loss no matter what you do. i might be able to get better stats with constantly playing the top tier mechs etc as well but i love my freedom of mechs/weaponry that still work very good fighting, just might not win such battles. is it the mechs fault then when too many mistakes happen?

i would actually love to give out some of my weird loadouts i can perform well to you comp guys, or play alongside you in them to get better myself. its all about learning and getting better to me :)

#33 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostAlienized, on 14 October 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

volko you are taking this too personal, im not talking about you or RJF in that matter Posted Image and i can totally agree with you on most.

I'm not talking about you aswell ). You results are quite high among the playerbase. Thats just my thoughts about current state of a matches and balance at all. It is your freedom to play mechs you like and a top 3% on a "casual" builds is a good result. There are people who made it in top 100 using almost anything around. When i'm getting out of meta i run around top 300-400 so i'm not among the best players who can perform with everything everywhere. But thats not the case. The problem is if that builds or "fun" builds style are taken by ppl who do not even know how to win and then this "style" is being populated making situation in matches even worse.

I disagree with you on WLR influence and an example. Try to do WLR>1 playing caps only in a light. I highly doubt if its possible. Single example is not the stats. As for matches you cant influence on - here comes meta which allows you to be more adaptive, have more DPS, tanky etc to carry matches. Carrying indep on situation is what i'm looking for in a mech, because as you've mentioned too - you cannot rely on your teammates. And i'm not having fun in a bad matches.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 14 October 2018 - 09:24 AM.

#34 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 14 October 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

I'm not talking about you aswell ). You results are quite high among the playerbase. Thats just my thoughts about current state of a matches and balance at all. It is your freedom to play mechs you like and a top 3% on a "casual" builds is a good result. There are people who made it in top 100 using almost anything around. When i'm getting out of meta i run around top 300-400 so i'm not among the best players who can perform with everything everywhere. But thats not the case. The problem is if that builds or "fun" builds style are taken by ppl who do not even know how to win and then this "style" is being populated making situation in matches even worse.

I disagree with you on WLR influence and an example. Try to do WLR>1 playing caps only in a light. I highly doubt if its possible. Single example is not the stats. As for matches you cant influence on - here comes meta which allows you to be more adaptive, have more DPS, tanky etc to carry matches. Carrying indep on situation is what i'm looking for in a mech, because as you've mentioned too - you cannot rely on your teammates. And i'm not having fun in a bad matches.

no one has fun in bad matches, except for those who blargh out the typical " BUT I PLAY FOR FUN!!" excuse.
i actually have no damn clue where i sit at on the playerbase but thanks for the kind words Posted Image
for quite a time i was one of the VERY few that played a victor-9S, i got mad as more people played it after all the quirks lol.
the problem most players have with funbuilds are actually the same with meta builds, they just copy without trying to understand where its best and how to play it properly but still can do well because its "easier" to play than funbuilds.

last battle i again tried give advice and reach out to players, after i died. so hey, im trying to help those that think dmg and kills mean everything. thats harder than winning battles after all Posted Image all they reply is that you "whine". then they disconnect Posted Image

when i build a mech i typically think about the role i want to use it first, then comes the rest. so my movement on the map, how to adapt on circumstances and enemy movement/team movement actually have a much bigger impact on my own scores than the mechs weaponry. those often look weird but its all about the purpose they are supposed to work at.

trying to get WLR>1 by caps... come on man, that sounds like a challenge i would try out Posted Image in group queue especially but i often just say, you dont NEED all the caps, just get 3 and then defend propably theta heavily.
people that dont know how to play certain modes after playing for a while need to sort their stuff out..... but they get all butthurt when you tell em that Posted Image

Edited by Alienized, 14 October 2018 - 10:39 AM.

#35 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

View PostAlienized, on 13 October 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

As a mechlab warrior i like to play a lot of badbuilds in testing grounds/lobby/spreadsheets.
Since last three months i play MWO in mechlab way much time than the game itself, does it count?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users