Warhammer 6R

11 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:21 AM

Hello everybody,

I just bought a Warhammer 6R in the current sale and I am kinda torn between what kind of build I want to play on it. I can try a double Rac5 with 4ML, which means I overheat after exactly 8 seconds on a hot map (no heat related skills, yet). I can do a double Rac2 with 4ML, which means I can shoot a looooong time before I overheat. Or I can do a double LBX10 with 4ML, which also means I should be able to continually fire for ages.

I am using a 280 Standard Engine, because I cannot afford a Light Engine right now.

Any suggestions with regards to which way to go for?

Dara

#2 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:11 AM

I found that with dual rac5s, you need to basically swap out all lasers for heat sinks (and thus are utterly dependant on having nearby team mates when you jam), and even when you don't get left high and dry with a double jam, the Warhammer can get Cored very easily using that build due to having to face the enemy and being unable to torso twist. Its flat profile (as compared to other Rac mechs like the Ani, Bushwacker or Marauder) makes it easy to get CT shots on it if it's not twisting. You could get away with some small lasers, due to the low heat buildup, but even without them, it runs hot if you get a good run on your RACs. The RAC 2s could work, perhaps even with ER lasers for a more mid range build if you find the heat is acceptable, but you still have the facetime problem.

My suggestion for the 6R would be to go 2xLBX10s with 4 mediums and AMS with light 300 engine, which is an awesome little brawler, like the Kodiaks little brother. You can also do 6 ML and leave behind the AMS, but I find the heat still gets to you when brawling anyway, so you might as well get some AMS protection in, and just fire the lasers more frequently. I got this build from a friend of mine, and I've gotten a couple of 1000+ damage games in it, in the right situation, and it usually does really well, as long as you can avoid static long ranged situations.

Edited by Maddermax, 08 October 2018 - 04:39 AM.

#3 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

Drop the Racs, they are only good against an enemy not paying attention to you. Get the LB10-Xs with medium lasers instead. You will br able to deal damage in bursts and twist to spread incoming damage in the meantime.

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

Best WHM-6R builds -

The Gausshammer - 2 Gauss, 4 ERML

The UAC Hammer - 2 UAC10, 4 ML

The LBX10 Hammer - 2 LBX10, 4 MPL

The Boomhammer - 2 LBX40

The AC20 Boomhammer - 2 AC20

The UltraPeep Hammer - 2 UAC5, 2 PPC (I've not tried this one, but it looks cool)

#5 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

And with good timing, Baradul/Molten Metal just put up a video about the Gausshammer that's worth a watch:

That would make an interesting longer ranged build if you wanted a non-brawler setup for the warhammer.

Edited by Maddermax, 09 October 2018 - 07:46 AM.

#6 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

I like my build better than his... take off half a ton of ammo, strip the arms, shave the legs, and you can get a LFE at the same rating.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 09 October 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

I like my build better than his... take off half a ton of ammo, strip the arms, shave the legs, and you can get a LFE at the same rating.

Gotta protect dem arms brah!

#8 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:59 AM

I do not particularly like Gauss, so I played with the Rac2 version until I could afford 2 LBX10 and the LFE Engine. Switched to that now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

#9 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 13 October 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

I do not particularly like Gauss, so I played with the Rac2 version until I could afford 2 LBX10 and the LFE Engine. Switched to that now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

If RACs are working for you, rock on!

But you should be able to pull off a LB-10X build with the stock engine by just investing in Endo Steel.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...1c45b9521d5aa20

#10 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

I used the LFE300 because I wanted more ammo for now (not enough skill nodes for additional ammo, yet) and because I am also fielding an AMS. I tend to slap AMS on most Mechs. I also felt the need for more armour on the arms for some more shielding.

The Racs worked generally, but were a bit hit and miss. So I was looking for something a little more reliable. Didn't feel the need for a standard engine because there are no weapons in CT or head.

#11 IronWatch

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

I think I've got 2x LB-X AC10's and 5 Medium Lasers with a Light 300 engine right now, works great! That sixth laser is just too hot unfortunately. This is the first of my Drop-Deck ready builds and I find the extra 5km/hr over the stock loadout to be almost essential in post-contact maneuvering to suppprt assaults.

Edited by IronWatch, 07 November 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#12 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

2xAC10s and 6xML

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users