1 reply to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

On climate change, scientists claim that we have twelve years left. I'm not counting on anyone listening. Why? Because we have heard the "Cry Wolf" tale too often. Or should I say the world has. Why take is seriously. Let's see, in 2012, the world was going to end, last year planet X was going to smash into the planet. Now another prediction in twelve years....oh another person seeing a wolf (perhaps, perhaps not). You have people claiming that we will have 500 mile per hour winds, zombies, and terrible things. Warning falling on deaf ears because perhaps people are tired of jumping at shadows so now if something is at the door, nobody will pay attention.

Still, the rainforest is getting burned to make way for cattle. The same thing happened in the United States which caused the Dust Bowl. Burn, never reuse the soil. Mismanagement of land, and then as some of my neighbors who used to live down there, and who promptly cut down their trees upon arrival; many people down in the area believe that trees steal our air and so they must be destroyed inorder to save us. Idiocy knows no bounds.

#2 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

Oh boy, my passion. Climate change and how we can stop it from happening. In a nutshell: we cannot since it is a natural phenomenon. So yes, climate change exists (and has in the past) but the tale of the "human made climate change" is a mere tale from some crazy eco-fascists (yep, I said it in that harsh way). We may accelerate things a tiny bit, though.

Also CO2 is NOT a climate killer. CO2 increases..so bad? Nope for the CO2 levels rise AFTER the temperature went up (and after a long period of time after that, that is: phase-delayed). Oceans are heated up by sun rays and some water evaporates. That vapor increases the temperature. CO2 is only a by-product and not that climate killing: CO2 particles are known to reflect energy waves - both from the sun and from the Earth. So CO2 effectively helps cooling the Earth; the oceans cool down again and take in the CO2 they emitted "earlier". Again, phase-delayed. Fun fact: plants take benefits of increased CO2 levels as they grow faster (read up on greenhouses).

Main cause of the climate change? The sun and Earth's revolution around it. The Earth wobbles around the sun and is not in a full static orbit. Also Earths axis is not fixed in that 23.5° angle we all learn in school about. Both and solar activity generate the climate change. We have very little to no influence. Read up on the "Little Ice Age" (or origins of the "Völkerwanderung" or the "Late Bronze Age Collapse") but ignore the IPCC part (who, in fact, had to confess in the past numerous mishaps in their analyzes - e.g. they used wrong months for comparisons and used (and still do) charts with no scale/wrong scales).

Cattle on the other hand is a problem: they produce methane which IS a climate killer. But that is something we do not like to hear, esp. when we like eating cheap burgers etc. However, if estimations are correct, there were billions of buffaloes and cattle on the American continent before humans set food on it. Imagine the methane..still, we should rethink our economy and food practices.

Sad conclusion: We (read as "humanity") cannot do anything about the climate change, it will come and hit hard if we do not prepare. Instead, humanity still fights over land and stuff, killing others. Oh boy, the amount of CO2 the war generates is way higher than the cars and industry. We should, however, make plans for migration and nutrition and how we can live peacefully in a massively climate-changed world.
And yes, we NEED to protect the environment because we have that one only. Yet, I hate it when people confuse environmental protection with climate change politics.

Edited by latinisator, 09 October 2018 - 12:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users