Patch Notes - 1.4.185.0 - 16-Oct-2018

437 replies to this topic

#421 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Well i just logged in for the first time after new patch and first thing I see is my trebucket with its pirate camo which I got for it few days ago and it looks different than before the patch.

Chessboard from left arm vanished, only blackish metallish colour is there now, I also have no idea why u had to change its right arm, white stripe we got now looks different, colour wise it is much cleaner and brighter than what we can see on rest of the mech, this doesn't look good.

I'm not happy about it. It is already second time(recently) that one of my mechs gets its pirate camo messed up, PLEASE fix it and make it like it was before ASAP, thanks.

Posted Image

Edited by Kell Aset, 17 October 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#422 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:05 AM

View PostCypherdrene, on 17 October 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Yes, feedback must be heavily filtered, but they're making us play the fools by providing insight (ie: stop nerfing Clan lasers) and do what they want either way, Alpha PTS tests were the most positive in god knows how long just to end up half-assing it.

What for Nerf for Clan Lazors? Give me proof.

Talking BS the whole Thread and even not reading explanations. That would be YOUR WAY OUT of unknowledge, better take this chance.

#423 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 October 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

Talking BS the whole Thread and even not reading explanations. That would be YOUR WAY OUT of unknowledge, better take this chance.

The CERLL is debatable if the DHS buffs outweigh its heat and damage nerfs, but the rest of the Clan lasers definitely see a net gain here because of crazy fast dissipation.

#424 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 October 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

It makes no sense that a weapon like the ERLL generates more heat than damage. It's worse than a PPC, that just isn't right, ERML's are also in the worst heat/damage ratio category... I get this is cause clans can have more DHS than IS, but clans need the extra damage to compete with IS' brawling prowess, all Clan lasers burn longer, take longer to cool down and on top of that are hotter, a bit of range and bit of damage doesn't always cut it.

For group/meta, these changes are actually not bad and maybe make it better, for pug play... Stick to LPL/HLL

#425 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostCypherdrene, on 17 October 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Yes, feedback must be heavily filtered, but they're making us play the fools by providing insight (ie: stop nerfing Clan lasers) and do what they want either way, Alpha PTS tests were the most positive in god knows how long just to end up half-assing it.

that's not "insightful feedback" that's "Waaaah, stop nerfing the only weapons i use!"

#426 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 17 October 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Ey Guys, one question. Was it pre patch also that the Mech starts up byitself afte rheat shutdown??Jeeez, Iám playing for soo long mwo that i cant remeber the basic procedures if it was so or you needet to push override to start up again.. Because was testing the new patch with some of my "hot" mechs in testing grounds and was amazed after dhut down that the mech was starting up by itself. in 3seconds.and doesnt take less time by pressing override.
So someone can answer me that quetsion please? thx in advance

Yes once you overheat you reboot at a certain percentage just like tabletop and the books and the past games.

Note in past games the 100% meter was at 30 (mw1 mw3) 40 (mw2, mw3 Pirate's moon expansion installed), and 60 (mw4).

Mwo had thresholds ranging from 40 to 50 min and as high as 130+ (only if you were Clan, 119 of IS) until the current skill tree which was then at highs of only 90-ish without the current skill tree's super minor enhances to max heat.

This meant to get to lets say 60% from 100 took around 6 or 7 seconds (guesstimate not actually mathed out).
For an identical number of heatsink with no skill tree bonus to max heat the new heat is 57.5.
A drop to 60% only requires less than half that time without even factoring in that heatsink cool *Faster*.

So you are probably noticing it for the first time.

What lower max heat means is far less alpha strike warrior nonsense and more pew pew pew gameplay.... But our thresholds are still nearly identical to the very poorly balanced mw4 which had a big alpha warrior issue. But nowhere near as terrible as mwo had it.

Fixed an autocorrect error.)

Edited by Koniving, 18 October 2018 - 10:09 AM.

#427 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

btw the fast startup ever since the change in heat system in 2013 January.... The O key doesn't perform a faster boot up. The P does.

O only had that function in 2012.

My first match and duel after the new heat system in 2013, which the current heat max limit closely reflects in terms of max heat. My max heat here is actually closer to 40.) But I am using shs and ten she compared to 40 max instead of 30 is unbearably slow for our firing rates...and cooled slower than our current shs.

Edit: Made an edit to fix a numerical typo, thought I'd throw this in too.
The heat system before that, where "O" provided the faster bootup.
Note the computer voice is edited in.

I should also note despite when this video was put together and uploaded, the footage is from Closed Beta, before double heatsinks. Notice the huge heat spikes, requirement of chain firing lasers as alpha striking was always a bad idea, and how insanely fast it cools for 19 SHS. (You can tell they are 19 and SHS by looking at the monitor display on the upper left You can also tell by the mech roster in the match, there were only 8 mechs in the game at the time.).

And MWO as it looked in July 2012.
Note the snow. Note how the radar system worked, which significantly encouraged the absolute necessity of scouts (as it only updated once per second!)...

Edited by Koniving, 18 October 2018 - 10:03 PM.

#428 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 October 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

btw the fast startup ever since the change in heat system in 2013 January.... The O key doesn't perform a faster boot up. The P does.

O only had that function in 2012.

My first match and duel after the new heat system in 2012, which the current heat max limit closely reflects in terms of max heat. My max heat here is actually closer to 40.) But I am using shs and ten she compared to 40 max instead of 30 is unbearably slow for our firing rates...and cooled slower than our current shs.

oh good times..... just look at these beautiful PPC and AC 10 shots. and the lrm's really had some fine movement

Edited by Alienized, 18 October 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#429 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

Nerf? what nerf, oh you must mean the 3 points of damage you lost on 6 med pulse lasers or something, like how my supernova went from a 66 alpha to a 63 alpha but now cools down like never before, i mean seriously? are good players actually complaining about this? What difference does it even make, if you are good then you are good, if you aren't you aren't, the mechanics in question barely matter.

Performance issues on the other hand, not flash, but they do what they can with a small team and presumably a small budget

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 18 October 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#430 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

I think they can do better, however there's a finite amount of what they can do given how dated the engine has become. When they overhauled the game to take a cry engine update in 2012, they practically had to rewrite parts of the game into the updated engine, as such they haven't done this ever again. And since the engine is all but abandoned by CryTek (except to sue the crap out of anyone that tries to shift their game to derivative engines of superior quality), PGI probably will probably never try to update the core engine again unless its an inhouse update.

As for examples of them doing better, aside from the graphic fidelity of the game at the start compared to the current, there's also MW5: Mercs.

#431 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:10 PM

Hey, does anyone else notice on the "Select Mech" Screen that the Tooltips show all the User-Added Skill Tree Quirks to be double what they really are? :blink:

~D. V. "Something doesn't seem right with Skill Tree stuff..." Devnull

#432 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 12 October 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Yeah guys, this is a MAJOR bug that is causing a lot of people to have to re-log or reboot their PC. This needed to be hotfixed immediately and still we don't have it in the patch A MONTH LATER. An explanation is in order. Support Team... please step in here and help us!

Thank you for fixing!

#433 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

The heat capacity is on the side of being too lenient. 40 or 45 was pretty close to ideal as enforcing an alpha limiter but that's no longer the case. Why did you guys bump it up even further vs. the 45 on the PTS?

Also, making C-DHS and IS DHS homogenized was a mistake. IS DHS take up 33% more space and IS weapons are generally 1t heavier than their clan counterparts. Either improvements to IS DHS, i.e. 33% improved dissipation rates for IS DHS or 33% reductions to Clan DHS will be necessary to facilitate a more equal footing.

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan, 19 October 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#434 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostMad Dog Morgan, on 19 October 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

The heat capacity is on the side of being too lenient. 40 or 45 was pretty close to ideal as enforcing an alpha limiter but that's no longer the case. Why did you guys bump it up even further vs. the 45 on the PTS?

Also, making C-DHS and IS DHS homogenized was a mistake. IS DHS take up 33% more space and IS weapons are generally 1t heavier than their clan counterparts. Either improvements to IS DHS, i.e. 33% improved dissipation rates for IS DHS or 33% reductions to Clan DHS will be necessary to facilitate a more equal footing.

Probably the tears, it would basically cripple alpha strike warriors into being glass cannons. Makes me wish I played the PTS.
Dunno if you were around, but if you were do you remember these?

No ghost heat. Four large pulse lasers on a cold map. Fire once, nearly overheat and shut down. 40 threshold.

Or this one (skip to around 2 minutes for gameplay, 1 minute for a good groove, as the beginning dance isn't that good).
Four PPCs.

Still, 57.5 on the higher ends isn't too bad. Just the bare minimum is about 50 (higher if using SHS).

For true Alpha Warrior now, you gotta go full on SHS boat.
But I'm fine with that.

Anyway, sadly we've gone so long with high thresholds that people are just crying in droves because they can't abuse the system like they once did.

I found it funny under the old system if you did this with 14 medium lasers you died instantly, which only generates a fraction of the heat that the Direstar creates, and I was able to do a 13 ER PPC Direstar and have it shoot five times before PGI fixed the issue where if you get a certain amount of heat, it brings you down to "1%" CT health (which I should note means you cannot be killed...until you cool down enough to where it's in the instant kill trigger).

For comparison, current values of ghost heat with 12 ER PPCs brings you to 1,572.89 heat.
12 medium lasers bring you to 193.79 heat.

But in 2015, 14 ML would kill you, but 13 ER PPCs couldn't.

(To note: 11 ER PPCs only bring you to 1,086.89 heat, which wasn't high enough to abuse the system with nearly unlimited firing until getting too cold or shot.)

Edited by Koniving, 19 October 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#435 martillo

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

omg the lrm were somewhat aight now they are a nightmare again, we are back to lurmggadon, i might as well bring boat from now on. downing the dmg on the C-MP and with this new heat sys its hotter devil pitchfork. not even small laser are safe.

#436 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

Hi guys, now that it is October, what is the roadmap for the rest of the year 2018? Any forum posts or news links I missed?

#437 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostMad Dog Morgan, on 19 October 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

By that logic, IS UAC10 should do 3 more points of damage because of the extra 3 tons and slots they occupy Posted Image

#438 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

Nightstar 9S should get an HSL +1 for the UAC/20.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users