I Knew There Were Spies

12 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

Just had a match on Polar highlands. Conquest. We drop, a pirahnna's heading for the nearest capture point so I head onto theta. While I'm capturing our second point, I hear over the comm a request to report [Redacted] as a team killer. I look up at the score board, we have a kill, almost immediately followed by we have 2 kills. I look at the comm log, 'red something' has killed [Redacted]. Bear in mind enemy contact has not yet been made. None of us on blue team have any idea where red team even is let alone what's going on with their team.

The only way our "teammate" could've known what was going on was to be in real time communication with the other team.

I've seen other examples of this, an 11-2 route where the other team completely ignored our 1 remaining mech even though spectator mode showed he was within visual range.

A 12-1 win where 5 enemy mechs chased me (an ecm light) around until they finally killed me at the cost of letting their friends pick the rest of their team apart at leisure. No way they could've followed me like that without real time info.

Not sure what can be done about it but it is somewhat gratifying to know my suspicions were correct all along.

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:41 AM.
name & shame

#2 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:17 AM

Dude, the player base has shrunk in population so hard that it's only natural that some of your team will be on the enemy side too. I still blame the skill maze patch for this.

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:48 AM.
unconstructive

#4 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

Have you considered that maybe [Redacted] was TKing beforehand and your teammate recognized him from a previous match?

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:51 AM.
name & shame reference

#5 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 13 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Have you considered that maybe [Redacted] was TKing beforehand and your teammate recognized him from a previous match?

I'm seeing a few people match after match these days so it's not that unlikely a premise, there really are very few people playing.

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:52 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#6 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

View PostAndres Gomez, on 13 October 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

[...]
I hear over the comm a request to report [Redacted] as a team killer. I look up at the score board, we have a kill, almost immediately followed by we have 2 kills. I look at the comm log, 'red something' has killed [Redacted].
[...]

The only way our "teammate" could've known what was going on was to be in real time communication with the other team.

The first kill would have shown up in the chat/comm log, you know. Or what kubernetes said.

Sync dropping is very common tho at the moment, since you cannot get group queue matches in smaller groups within a reasonable wait time anymore.

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:54 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#7 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

A 12-1 win where 5 enemy mechs chased me (an ecm light) around until they finally killed me at the cost of letting their friends pick the rest of their team apart at leisure. No way they could've followed me like that without real time info.

On some maps you leave footprints.

#8 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:48 PM

I never drop these days without my neurohelmet, made out of double layered tinfoil.

#9 Harambe McHarambeface Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

Just had a match on Polar highlands. Conquest. We drop, a pirahnna's heading for the nearest capture point so I head onto theta. While I'm capturing our second point, I hear over the comm a request to report [Redacted] as a team killer. I look up at the score board, we have a kill, almost immediately followed by we have 2 kills. I look at the comm log, 'red something' has killed [Redacted]. Bear in mind enemy contact has not yet been made. None of us on blue team have any idea where red team even is let alone what's going on with their team.

I've seen other examples of this, an 11-2 route where the other team completely ignored our 1 remaining mech even though spectator mode showed he was within visual range.

Not sure what can be done about it but it is somewhat gratifying to know my suspicions were correct all along.

[Redacted]

Being chased even in a ecm light means nothing as the command wheel "enemy spotted" mechanic tracks your movement for 7 seconds. They could just spot you and chase, and respot you whenever they next see you.

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 02:36 AM.
name & shame issue, discussing griefing, Quote Clean-Up

#10 Obiwayne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

He could have seen the tk in the chatlog? And its not unusual that 5 people follow one mech. Especially if its an ecm protected light.

Whatever you smoke, smoke less.

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostSsamout, on 13 October 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

I never drop these days without my neurohelmet, made out of double layered tinfoil.

Time to upgrade to this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 02:44 AM.
discussing cheating

#13 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:16 AM

[mod]Due to "name & shame" violations and discussion on cheating & griefing,
this thread has been closed.

Please report suspected misconduct for moderator investigation.
Information on reporting misconduct may be found at
https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2018 - 01:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users