Do I Do Something Wrong?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:35 AM

Last night in spectator mode i witnessed a player who got hit in the side twisted around and shot immediately back at a ECM shadow cat ppc sniper 800m away that was in 90% cover. So far so good but there was no way he could have seen him in this quarter of a second and aim perfectly. He couldn't see where the ppc shot came from. This player preformed this inhuman feats several times in this game and in some games later where I could witness him again. So no lucky shot. Actually he always and I mean literally mean always could find impossible hidden enemy's in milliseconds.
Is there a way to see ECM enemy's at 800m or any other trick I missed?

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:40 AM

That does sound extremely suspicious.. I suggest if you know exactly which player it is, get a video of spectating from his cockpit while doing this, and send it to support for review..

#3 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:17 AM

With heatvision on hot maps mecs show up as black dots across the map, esp on rubelite oasis and caustic vally.
How is this inhuman players kill/death and win/loss ratio?

#4 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:23 AM

If he's spectating then he should be able to see if heat vision was on or not. Usually if its a late game and the sniper hasn't moved much then its possible to know where he is already to be prepared for a counter attack, it all depends on circumstances.

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:03 AM

[Redacted]

Next time you see this player get it on video Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 17 October 2018 - 02:14 AM.
cheating reference

#6 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:04 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 16 October 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

Last night in spectator mode i witnessed a player who got hit in the side twisted around and shot immediately back at a ECM shadow cat ppc sniper 800m away that was in 90% cover. So far so good but there was no way he could have seen him in this quarter of a second and aim perfectly. He couldn't see where the ppc shot came from. This player preformed this inhuman feats several times in this game and in some games later where I could witness him again. So no lucky shot. Actually he always and I mean literally mean always could find impossible hidden enemy's in milliseconds.
Is there a way to see ECM enemy's at 800m or any other trick I missed?

Sounds possible to me, especially if this player came from twitch-shooters where such snapshots are usual on high-level play. Most of those shooters don't mark their targets like MWO does, so everything is like under ECM there, but top players can still see and hit their targets in a quite far distance.

Here is an example:

In your case i assume that the player in question knows the typical hiding spots for PPC-snipers and simply pre-aimed at the most likely position.

Another reason could be MWO's spectator-mode itself. Latency in spectator mode is for some reason different than when you are playing. Personally i take everything i see in spectator mode with a grain of salt.

Edited by Daggett, 16 October 2018 - 05:20 AM.

#7 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

Cheaters are rare in this game but I saw one who was lancing up with his buddy. Buddy was there to claim innoncence as a "bystander from a different unit" while his friend was aimbotting with quad AC2 rifleman snapping the aiming reticle at body parts with least armor and perfectly smooth following a running light mech's leg at 500+ meters. If it was not obvious enough he was cheating, his reticle would start bouncing from limb to limb in close combat when HP values were dropping drasticly on his targeted mech, all of it in flawless lines from limb center to limb center. Ridiculous. Of course, he was banned shortly after I filed a report.

When personaly reporting such players through the support (you can do that btw), make sure to say what map was it, what game mode and date and time of the match. That way they can easily isolate the match in question and check the logs and each player.

#8 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:32 AM

Actually PPCs do backlead really well if you see the shot incoming. You need to go ballistic if you want to hide the shot.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 16 October 2018 - 06:32 AM.

#9 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:37 AM

Eh, you don't know what the shooting player knew. Maybe there was a light close to the shadow cat spotting it, so the guy knew it was behind the rock and would poke out in a second. I've had games where I'm accused of hacking, where I'm just getting a few lucky shots in back to back (2 heavy gauss headshots in the same game once.... caused quite a bit of salt, was funny) that isn't super common for me.

So I think what you're missing is the shooters perspective, what he knew, what he saw, to take what looks like an "impossible" shot.

#10 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for the quick replies. To clarify the case no he didn't used heat vision or any optics. Just zoom. And even though he seemed to know exactly where all enemy players were he didn't always hit with his lasers. In fact his aim and positioning was very bad. Only his first aim was always inhuman on spot. If his game behavior would have been consistent with his skill to identify targets it wouldn't have puzzled me.
It even gets stranger because I tried to look up his profile and apparently there is no player with this signature. Most likely I remember his signature wrong.
Thx all I just wanted to know if I missed something. From now on I will make screenshots because it was the second time this month that I ran into something utterly strange like this.

Edited by Tiewolf, 16 October 2018 - 06:55 AM.

#11 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

enemy player could've been camped in a known spot

#12 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostTiewolf, on 16 October 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick replies. To clarify the case no he didn't used heat vision or any optics. Just zoom. And even though he seemed to know exactly where all enemy players were he didn't always hit with his lasers. In fact his aim and positioning was very bad. Only his first aim was always inhuman on spot. If his game behavior would have been consistent with his skill to identify targets it wouldn't have puzzled me.

It even gets stranger because I tried to look up his profile and apparently there is no player with this signature. Most likely I remember his signature wrong.

Name has to be exact or you will not find it. Print Screen button will save a screenshot in your C:\Users\Windows Log in name\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots

Also his aim to you may have been bad but it may be good for him with HSR, (Host State Rewind), the more movement between shooter and target and ping difference the greater appearance of misses for a spectator.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 October 2018 - 03:36 PM.

#13 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:38 AM

[mod]Due to discussion on cheating, this thread has been closed.

Please report suspected misconduct for moderator investigation.
Information on reporting misconduct may be found at
https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users