Solaris 7 Season 3 And Champion Mech Challenge Events

62 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

and

Purchase a Tournament Supporter Pack to earn an additional 250 K C-Bills Per Challenge

#2 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Should probably try to get the 25 games in the divisions while the challenge is running, saves some hassle later.

#3 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

Does anyone actually play Solaris?

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

Solaris Event again, eh? No offense intended to PGI's Events Team (and definitely no offense intended to Mr. Matt Newman), but I think I'll enjoy the quiet this time, and take a temporary rest on the Quick Play battlefields. Last two of these Solaris-Only Events never worked out for me, and I ain't gonna abuse myself again. The MatchMaker for 'Solaris 7' needs a lot of work anyway, in order to actively avoid Matches that are initially imbalanced from the start just based on who's piloting a Mech. -_-

Somebody let me know when 'Solaris 7' picks up a 24-way FFA Mode, preferably WITH Unlimited Respawns and a Kill Count to be reached? These 'Last Man Standing'-type Game Modes are getting a bit tiresome. :(

To those with a "Champion"-Chassis Mech, I wish you well on the battlefields. They should have had a Challenge provided to you for if you died at least once, because you know someone is going to be hunting you down out there. :P

~D. V. "Waiting for the Next Event... Good luck to the rest of you!" Devnull

#5 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

View PostMycroft000, on 16 October 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

No.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

Only at the beginning and end of season for most of us... but some gluttons were doing 400 games... many of them losses... and of course it wasn't to help others stats... right...sure....

#7 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 October 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Only at the beginning and end of season for most of us... but some gluttons were doing 400 games... many of them losses... and of course it wasn't to help others stats... right...sure....

And PGI says cheating, hacking and fraud never happens. Yeah right!

#8 Skull Rucker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

I enjoy Solaris.

I Would like to see an LFG for Solaris 2v2s, a single bucket, with division assignments derived from a dynamic “battle value” based on chassis + loadout.

And more skill point or gxp in rewards.

#9 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

I am wondering why they left the uziel 5P in Div 7... an MRM80 mech is a little too much firepower for the division... especially now with improved cooling.

#10 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

Did they fix 2v2 where you don't have to use the never-used "friends" function to find games?

Did they fix it so you can get in multiple queues at once instead of having a bunch of empty queues and having to guess which ones will have someone show up?

Nope? Oh well. Pass.

#11 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

Honestly, what would fix Solaris is removing the map chooser and making it random. the guys that basically destroy people's will to play it always force the maps into ones they KNOW their mech is good on, and never using the rest. that or make it that you CAN'T block a specific map if you have 3 times, so it HAS to be a choice later, ie making those 8 LB5 Dire whales have to do Ishiyama instead of always going for Borean, Coliseum or The Jungle, which'd actually give literally ANYONE else a chance in hell of doing Division 1 matches in something different (that or completely **** their accolades for the match because, frankly, their playstyle is boring as hell to the crowd)

#12 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostSkull Rucker, on 16 October 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I enjoy Solaris.

I Would like to see an LFG for Solaris 2v2s, a single bucket, with division assignments derived from a dynamic “battle value” based on chassis + loadout.

And more skill point or gxp in rewards.

Just FYI, less than 2-300 people finished the 25 games last season in some divisions.
I did all 7 in about 16 hours or less (175+) and had 1 division top 500, 4 under 2500, and 2 in the 4000s, and I was rewarded with top 500 in every division. So I assume anyone who finshed 25 matches got top 500 rewards and to me that meant 445k GXP skill points, enough to level 6.25 mechs fully.
Now I could wait until this event ends, see what the new meta emerges, and skill 7 mechs to do it again, or I could use it for the faction play mechs I won't use in Quick Play (ERLL type mechs, etc).
So all I have to say further is check the archived leaderboards to see how few people finished 25 matches and if you can stomach it, it may be worth your while in 3 months.

#13 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 October 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Solaris Event again, eh? No offense intended to PGI's Events Team (and definitely no offense intended to Mr. Matt Newman), but I think I'll enjoy the quiet this time, and take a temporary rest on the Quick Play battlefields. Last two of these Solaris-Only Events never worked out for me, and I ain't gonna abuse myself again. The MatchMaker for 'Solaris 7' needs a lot of work anyway, in order to actively avoid Matches that are initially imbalanced from the start just based on who's piloting a Mech. -_-

Somebody let me know when 'Solaris 7' picks up a 24-way FFA Mode, preferably WITH Unlimited Respawns and a Kill Count to be reached? These 'Last Man Standing'-type Game Modes are getting a bit tiresome. :(

To those with a "Champion"-Chassis Mech, I wish you well on the battlefields. They should have had a Challenge provided to you for if you died at least once, because you know someone is going to be hunting you down out there. :P

~D. V. "Waiting for the Next Event... Good luck to the rest of you!" Devnull

See the post I just made. I was literally 3rd from the bottom in D7 with a 3-22 record and just got 75000 GXP, 1 million CBills, and some stickers, and all it cost me was my dignity and some time. Same as any event really, except I never stooped so low as to tag and use missiles in the 2nd to last event, as I got a headshot day 1 and 500 match score after about 150 matches (now that was true stress for me and made me question my skills).

Edited by BumbaCLot, 16 October 2018 - 08:19 PM.

#14 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:19 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#15 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:23 PM

Solaris was kinda cool for maybe the first week or two, then(at least in my unit's experience) it became a barren wasteland where if we wanted to play, we had to bring our own opponents to the fight.

#16 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

This game does not lend itself to the 1 v 1 format, in fact no FPS games really excel at that. The only thing i'm interested in is to see the effect the slight annihilator armour reduction has on T1 games, other than that I'd rather go to work and use the money to buy MC.

Also a the start of the event, i'll fight some elite guy who will tear me to pieces, the next fight will be someone new who will claim i'm cheating as i callously dismember their mech and wonder why they can't shoot, its not an entirely enjoyable experience either way.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 16 October 2018 - 09:57 PM.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:11 PM

I do, along with a lot of other players... Most of them decent, bring decent builds and also learn/want to get better.

That said after Season 2 rewards back-flip issue, which was worse than the Season 1 reward issue. I am sadly probably just going to put in the minimum 25 matches because there isn't motivation over and above that as the wait times for me are just through the roof and in game payouts are so very low.

Unfortunate as I do enjoy it, but I earn way more cbills per min in QP and I'm definately running low now.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 October 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#18 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

Is it still broken that even with a win but against a really really low ranked player you LOOSE elo? Elo never should work like that.

#19 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:18 AM

Put MC in a trap? Smaaaaart... But nope. Nope nope nope. #FPoneLOVE

#20 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:14 AM

Edited by vonJerg, 17 October 2018 - 02:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users