Can You Guys Get Your **** Together

22 replies to this topic

#1 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

And not put mechs in divisions with mechs that are physically incapable of shooting at them?

If a mech can just facehug and completely evade return fire because of mount height, either all mechs need to be adjusted to have enough torso pitch to shoot back, or the small mechs need to be kept out of that division.

#2 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Please show us on the Atlas doll where the Piranha touched you.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 17 October 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Please show us on the Atlas doll where the Piranha touched you.

And if you don't like being touched on the behind you simply put your back to a wall.

Suddenly the dangerfish is, nevermore.

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:07 PM

The piranha will poison any division it's in. It'll probably be better in Div 3 though where there's more agility, arm-mounts, and Wolfhounds.

#5 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

View PostGilgamecc, on 17 October 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

evade return fire because of mount height, either all mechs need to be adjusted to have enough torso pitch to shoot back,

I don't think you guys caught the actual complaint here, which is all about a few more degrees of torso pitch.

Edited by Omniseed, 18 October 2018 - 10:05 AM.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostOmniseed, on 18 October 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I don't think you guys caught the actual complaint here, which is all about a few more degrees of torso pitch.

Seen as I've had a Commando hug my Panther one time and I couldn't even shoot him with my torso mounted MRM system... Posted Image

#7 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:05 AM

ok, i agree now, ban piranhas from div 2 ><

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 October 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

or put knockdown back in the game for Assault vs Light mechs.

#9 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 October 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

The question starts to become "Where do we put them". They are an aggressive fish, and any other fish tank we put them in may end up in a feeding frenzy!

Sarcasm aside, the question still does remain, what division could we place them in that would be fitting. The Piranha is a high performing mech, possibly even the best light mech in the game. The Divisions were suppose to place mechs into groups of more or less equal performance levels. So, where else can they go?

View PostDionnsai, on 19 October 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

or put knockdown back in the game for Assault vs Light mechs.

Maybe in Soloris only, otherwise (unless it's very well worked out) this feature might see abuse or unintended "features".

Knockdown would be awesome to have in the game again. We just don't want the mini-game of "Dragon bowling" back in again though. (Even though your suggestion doesn't involve Dragons.)

#10 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostTesunie, on 19 October 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

The question starts to become "Where do we put them". They are an aggressive fish, and any other fish tank we put them in may end up in a feeding frenzy!

Sarcasm aside, the question still does remain, what division could we place them in that would be fitting. The Piranha is a high performing mech, possibly even the best light mech in the game. The Divisions were suppose to place mechs into groups of more or less equal performance levels. So, where else can they go?

Maybe in Soloris only, otherwise (unless it's very well worked out) this feature might see abuse or unintended "features".

Knockdown would be awesome to have in the game again. We just don't want the mini-game of "Dragon bowling" back in again though. (Even though your suggestion doesn't involve Dragons.)

You could put Piranhas in Div 5. The medium mechs that populate that Div I think would be a fair match for them. Griffins, Crabs, Quickdraws, Dragons, all would be able to fight them on a more equal basis. Having them up with the assaults makes it an annoying game of Rock Paper Scissors.

#11 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:03 AM

Now wouldn’t it be nice if a decent pilot who took a PIR faced off against another decent pilot in a PIR? Hell, I bet a number of people would do well taking a K9 MPL boat vs a PIR. Especially considering how cool it will run with keeping some of it’s quirk coupled with the new dissipation rate.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 October 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

You could put Piranhas in Div 5. The medium mechs that populate that Div I think would be a fair match for them. Griffins, Crabs, Quickdraws, Dragons, all would be able to fight them on a more equal basis. Having them up with the assaults makes it an annoying game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Medium Mechs are suppose to be the counter to light mechs. There is merit to that shift.

Wonder how many people could complain about it, like how there seems to always be someone who complains about something... Posted Image

#13 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:58 AM

If you cannot solo a pirhanna in an assualt gtfo basically. I dare someone to bring a pirhanna to my division 2 assault....

#14 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostUPnADAM, on 20 October 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

If you cannot solo a pirhanna in an assualt gtfo basically. I dare someone to bring a pirhanna to my division 2 assault....

Lol... you talk a hard game for a tier 2 guy with a 75% rank on Jarl's list.

Seriously, its a straight loss if you bring a Cyclops or Atlas, the Piranha just humps your leg and you cannot fight back. You just lose. Very annoying.

#15 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:34 AM

View PostOmniseed, on 18 October 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

The actual complaint was:
I'm in my massive mech, I want to roflsmash smaller things, oh wait a smaller thing can get past my giga alpha and kill me. I don't like this.

#16 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 20 October 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

Seriously, its a straight loss if you bring a Cyclops or Atlas, the Piranha just humps your leg and you cannot fight back. You just lose. Very annoying.

This exactly ^.

Think about it logically, if a you were to step on a Piranha with a cyclops or an atlas, it would be a one hit kill, but we can't, so they get to leghump. A fix is needed please. If they were forced to squirrel around at 50 meters or so, no one would be complaining.

#17 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 October 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

This also makes sense.

#18 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:37 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 20 October 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

Cyclops actually has rather amazing pitch though. Did the atlas's pitch get buffed also?

#19 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:32 AM

put the piranha1 in devision1 as a statement a while ago was made that the piranha is the clans answer to the annihilator..

#20 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 October 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

And if you don't like being touched on the behind you simply put your back to a wall.

Suddenly the dangerfish is, nevermore.

Ya this took the fun out of running lights. Ran into to many people who just camped at the spawn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users