• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostJon Gotham, on 20 October 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

The actual complaint was:
I'm in my massive mech, I want to roflsmash smaller things, oh wait a smaller thing can get past my giga alpha and kill me. I don't like this.

I don't think you've thought this one through buddy. Consider that the King Crab has all of it's weapons mounted in the arms. It can kill Piranhas humping it's legs. The King Crab is also very good at killing most other mechs. The King Crab is one of the most powerful mechs in the division. What beats it? Cyclops and Atlas can give it a run for it's money, by getting in close and brawling it down.

So, if you're looking to play a mech to have the greatest chance of winning, you want something that has a good chance of beating all comers no matter what size. The Piranha effectively removes the Cyclops and the Atlas as viable choices then, since they cannot look down far enough to shoot a Piranha off of them. Even if they take a pair of arm lasers, they can't see the Piranha well enough to aim at it.

So the Piranha doesn't kill the King Crab, but it does effectively remove two other mechs from the division as good choices unless you are willing to accept that a Piranha is a straight up loss when you face one, and there's nothing to do about it other than just lose.

#22 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostOmniseed, on 18 October 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I don't think you guys caught the actual complaint here, which is all about a few more degrees of torso pitch.

Jesus Omni are you touching others inappropriately again....I talked to you about that already

#23 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 07 November 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

I don't think you've thought this one through buddy. Consider that the King Crab has all of it's weapons mounted in the arms. It can kill Piranhas humping it's legs. The King Crab is also very good at killing most other mechs. The King Crab is one of the most powerful mechs in the division. What beats it? Cyclops and Atlas can give it a run for it's money, by getting in close and brawling it down.

So, if you're looking to play a mech to have the greatest chance of winning, you want something that has a good chance of beating all comers no matter what size. The Piranha effectively removes the Cyclops and the Atlas as viable choices then, since they cannot look down far enough to shoot a Piranha off of them. Even if they take a pair of arm lasers, they can't see the Piranha well enough to aim at it.

So the Piranha doesn't kill the King Crab, but it does effectively remove two other mechs from the division as good choices unless you are willing to accept that a Piranha is a straight up loss when you face one, and there's nothing to do about it other than just lose.

Except if you hit it first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users