Is Clan Ghost Bear Dead?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Dubious Squirrel

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

Is Clan Ghost Bear dead? It looks that way to me, I haven't seen any clans playing for a while now...

#2 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

Faction Play-wise, probably. I at least see 12BG, ARC7, and a few GCGB members in Group Play nowadays, but that's it from my perspective. I do see other guys like CWI from time to time.

Good chance that a dozen or less "true" loyalist units are left for any of the Clans, with former ones already switching to Merc contracts now. Hard times, indeed.

#3 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Unfortunately, PGI is very good at driving players away, especially loyalists.

#4 Dubious Squirrel

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

I've been looking mainly in faction play. Shame, that. After all the time I spent in CGBI I have a soft spot for Clan Ghost Bear. As for PGI, I'd really like to see them update MWO's engine, but I'm not sure they have the resources for it. Maybe after Mechwarrior 5?

Edited by Dubious Squirrel, 21 October 2018 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

Have you not looked at the FP leaderbords for GB? Seem active enough for me.

#6 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

I have good news in regards to this post look for a BnB come back tour around xmas 2018. I know I vanished again (got new job) but this job has an off season so looks like I will be returning soon at least for the next 4 months, and you know I will be bringing that famous 254 family of mine with me. In the process of rousting them back up as we speak. We plan on rebuilding the BnB back to full strength and reviving that Ghost Bear flame once more. That's all the info I have at this time but I will have a update soon on drop times, recruitment, and unit coordination for this next push to Terra.

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:35 AM

View PostDeadeye254, on 25 November 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

I have good news in regards to this post look for a BnB come back tour around xmas 2018. I know I vanished again (got new job) but this job has an off season so looks like I will be returning soon at least for the next 4 months, and you know I will be bringing that famous 254 family of mine with me. In the process of rousting them back up as we speak. We plan on rebuilding the BnB back to full strength and reviving that Ghost Bear flame once more. That's all the info I have at this time but I will have a update soon on drop times, recruitment, and unit coordination for this next push to Terra.

Who?

#8 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

I've been away for a couple of months as well and as it happens members either moved on or just stopped playing, real life guys, it's a pain but it is what keeps the coffers full, CBK will be on the field as soon as I can get them outta the beer fridge.

#9 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

This thread is well stated by everyone. The incentives to be MERC verses Loyalist especially for peeps that want to play both IS and CLAN mechs really has turned the FW scene for at least 6 months into a back-n-forth and back-n-forth swirl that rarely escalates into victories for either side (at least during the North American time zone). So obvious, it goes without saying. Without Loyalism being rewarded in some extra way, like being able to give C-Bills to pilots within the Unit from the coffers (would be a great start), and not having strong Loyalist Units the algorithm for exciting FW Phases and earned victories is greatly impacted. Plus, our Unit has lost many pilots to the MERC side because of them wanting to use both IS/Clan mechs or eventually become disappointed a Loyalist Unit leader can't just easily click the button to disband the Loyalist Unit. PGI: if you read this, please just give Loyalist Units the ability to give out C-Bills to their members. Set a cap. We understand your financial model. This will attract pilots and leader to pull together more Loyalist Units.

View PostDeadeye254, on 25 November 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

DeadEye, I was there. I dropped with you a number of times as Ghost Bear Loyalists with aligned personal reasons. Come back and let's cause Ghost Bear to Rise Again in current form, and form of old time.

#10 Agito Hazen

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIronhold Underground Network

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:06 AM

As a Loyalist Falcon, since the day I got into BattleTech, I have to agree with a full heart. We (BattleTech people) are a small enough community as it is, all things considering, and any helping hand to build it up, such as being able to use our coffers to help those in our Units, would be a nice step in that direction.

#11 Calbhach

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

12BG will continue the fight with/or without bonus system for the loyalist players. But we also think it's not the best tactic to make life for the loyalist units not as rewarding. Especially when they continue to downgrade our weapons and mechs. What I also watched the last months, players are going or less frequent on, and so waiting for a qp takes longer and Solaris is also looking less populated. If it weren't for some other Clan Units and some Mercs strongly affiliated to Clans we would have even less fw or Scouting Drops. PGI should think about their rewards system to players and Units and should bring some new content, not just new mechs.

#12 Jetwash

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

Um,

just the low hanging fruit -_-

Let us see how the community reacts to the ignored PTS information PGI clamors for... LRM/ATM bat incoming..

#13 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

the bear is not dead! even if the standard ghost bear is not active....there is the future with the ghost bear dominion...and later Rasalhague Dominion. the Bear never dies....lore certified!!!

#14 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Ghost bears never die. They just hibernate. :)

#15 Mongrel714

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2023 - 01:41 PM

I am a Ghost Bear Loyalist, Been away for a couple years but now I'm back getting back in the swing of things, I would like to join up in a clan If its is possible, Maybe Get me back in shape, Used to be in Jep's Clan, Let me know if anyone is recruiting for Ghost bear!! What coms are we using these days?

#16 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 09:36 AM

View PostMongrel714, on 04 November 2023 - 01:41 PM, said:

I am a Ghost Bear Loyalist, Been away for a couple years but now I'm back getting back in the swing of things, I would like to join up in a clan If its is possible, Maybe Get me back in shape, Used to be in Jep's Clan, Let me know if anyone is recruiting for Ghost bear!! What coms are we using these days?

There are a couple clan generalist clan units but IDK if there are any active ghost bear units. If you want an invite to a clan smoke jag loyalist unit I know. Just let me know.

#17 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 November 2023 - 03:01 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 19 October 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Unfortunately, PGI is very good at driving players away, especially loyalists.
especially clanners

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 November 2023 - 03:01 PM.

#18 Mongrel714

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2023 - 04:21 PM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 06 November 2023 - 09:36 AM, said:

There are a couple clan generalist clan units but IDK if there are any active ghost bear units. If you want an invite to a clan smoke jag loyalist unit I know. Just let me know.

Thanks Brother, May just do that.

#19 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 06:32 PM

View PostMongrel714, on 06 November 2023 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thanks Brother, May just do that.

https://discord.gg/qHQrrSMMxn

Here!

#20 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 November 2023 - 07:18 PM

Prolly just hibernating?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users